It Should Be Easy (The 3rd Britney Jean single)

Lonely2001

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ElenaB said:

this is a VERY unpopular opinion but it’s my fav song from Brianna Joan. There I said it. 

not that unpopular. ISBE used to be one of the most supported songs here in Exhale back in the day.

The main contenders were ISBE, TIG, BA (besides Alien of course, because we all assumed that was gonna be the third single). 

ISBE was one of the songs I could tolerate off BJ :yesokay_britney_blush_blink: and I feel like there was a lot of chatter back in 2013 regarding it or Alien being the next single.

It would have made sense because S&S became a huge hit :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: but it probably got scrapped once the album officially flopped :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Personally, I’d like for Britney to re-record Alien without the crappy edits and random vocal skip.

4 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

ISBE was one of the songs I could tolerate off BJ :yesokay_britney_blush_blink: and I feel like there was a lot of chatter back in 2013 regarding it or Alien being the next single.

It would have made sense because S&S became a huge hit :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: but it probably got scrapped once the album officially flopped :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Personally, I’d like for Britney to re-record Alien without the crappy edits and random vocal skip.

I would like Britney to re-record all of Myahs parts for the albums 10th anniversery but that sounds too good to be true lol

This is actually my favorite of the 3 will.i.am collabs and probably one of my favorites from BJ. I think this song wouldn’t be so disregarded by fans if the vocoder/autotune wasn’t present. It’s a perfectly fine song IMO. I can’t find it on YouTube but the “Dark Edit” of this song heightens it even more. Love it. 

i had no idea Wikipedia considered it the third single. I always knew it was a third single contender. I remember hearing this, Alien, Tik Tik Boom, and NYIFY in public quite often, which was always a bit jarring :eyes_britney_laugh: I thought this was the best contender for third single because it was a will collab and the song sounded the most radio friendly on the album. Beyond that, it’s the most “Britney sounding” song on the album aside from Perfume, which is funny to say because I remember Chelsea Handler called out Perfume for not sounding like Britney at all.

I still hope the multitracks/studio sessions for this album leak someday. With that a group of talented fans could really spruce up the material and deliver us a good album 8. Britney Jean isn’t a bad album, it was just rushed and production is horrid

Lol I've never considered it to be a single at all. It just seems like it was only ever a song given some radio play, maybe a promotional single. There was rumours at the time that RCA were hopefully pushing it to be a third single but I don't think it ever happened officially. And that artwork has to be fanmade, I've never known there to be official artwork for the song. Wikipedia is getting a bit strange with the songs it considers to be singles. Almost as bad as the fact they won't change Britney's picture on her own page haha

1 hour ago, Lonely2001 said:

Um okay, if you can edit her discography page on Wikipedia can you please edit this:

- Add TWYTM on her singles page

- Move My Only Wish from promotional to official singles (because this year it got an official physical and digital release)

- Add Unusual You (if you need material for confirmation that this is corect than I'll send you)

- And then finally somehow remove ISBE if you are so sure that it was just a promotional single. 🙂

That's Where You Take Me USED to have its own page actually, many many years ago. I remember seeing it around 2009 but it doesn't seem to exist anymore. Unusual You had one too but I'm one of those fans who classes it as a promo single rather than an official one. 

8 hours ago, Isla said:

That's Where You Take Me USED to have its own page actually, many many years ago. I remember seeing it around 2009 but it doesn't seem to exist anymore. Unusual You had one too but I'm one of those fans who classes it as a promo single rather than an official one. 

Well for UY I really think that it was official because australian charts page lists it as an official, but it lists I've Just Begun, Chris Cox Megamix... as promos. Also one person that I talked to bought the single in store so it was for selling purposes. On promo singles it says that it is for promo use only on every promo cd and booklet. So I do consider it as an official. For ISBE I don't know what to think. It had some radio play and it had official remixes but I found out that they were just promotionals sent to clubs. So it was a promotional single, but also a radio single. Don't know if that makes it an official...

Britney Jean was a mixed bag, but this song I completely loathe. Feels like a Will.i.am scrap offering, something written in a hurry, with Britney put in at last minute. All the Black Eyed Peas airplay during the late 00's made me sick of Will.I.Ams presence/voice lmao. In a dream world I'd have this song replaced with "911" or State of Grace so that the GP would hear those songs :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

17 minutes ago, U_WannaLiveFancy said:

Britney Jean was a mixed bag, but this song I completely loathe. Feels like a Will.i.am scrap offering, something written in a hurry, with Britney put in at last minute. All the Black Eyed Peas airplay during the late 00's made me sick of Will.I.Ams presence/voice lmao. In a dream world I'd have this song replaced with "911" or State of Grace so that the GP would hear those songs :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

I love Dramatic and Love 2 Love U from Blackout. I also love Strangest Love, Pleasure You and Guilty from in the zone but my favourite era is Britney so When I Say So, SNBM and Sinner are superior. 🙂

3 hours ago, Lonely2001 said:

Well for UY I really think that it was official because australian charts page lists it as an official, but it lists I've Just Begun, Chris Cox Megamix... as promos. Also one person that I talked to bought the single in store so it was for selling purposes. On promo singles it says that it is for promo use only on every promo cd and booklet. So I do consider it as an official. For ISBE I don't know what to think. It had some radio play and it had official remixes but I found out that they were just promotionals sent to clubs. So it was a promotional single, but also a radio single. Don't know if that makes it an official...

Hmm if you could buy the Unusual You CD single maybe it is an official one? Although for years I’ve seen fans claim that artwork was not real and was just a fanmade effort. It seems to me ISBE was a promo/radio single to me rather than an official one and by the looks of things didn’t get that much play on Italian radio haha

29 minutes ago, Isla said:

Hmm if you could buy the Unusual You CD single maybe it is an official one? Although for years I’ve seen fans claim that artwork was not real and was just a fanmade effort. It seems to me ISBE was a promo/radio single to me rather than an official one and by the looks of things didn’t get that much play on Italian radio haha

Yeah ISBE was a promotional single. For Unusual You, I'll find some sources and send you them so we'll see if it's real. I'll probably start UY (5th Circus single) topic.

So guys after talking to you all, I came to a conslussion. Brenda Jones had

2 OFFICIAL SINGLES (Work ***** & Perfume)

- 3 PROMOTIONAL SINGLES THAT RECIEVED OFFICIAL REMIXES (It Should Be Easy, Tik Tik Boom & Alien)

2 RADIO-ONLY SINGLES (Now That I Found You [Asian Market] & Til It's Gone [French Market])

Below you can see official artworks for 2 official and 3 promotional releases. Artworks for radio-only releases are fanmade.

PS Thanks to @PokemonSpears for a lot of information! ❤

5UB2F.jpg

Archived