It Should Be Easy (The 3rd Britney Jean single)

Lonely2001

EDIT: After talking to you guys, I've comed to this conclussion:

ISBE was released as a promotional/radio single outside the USA. Official remix package was released, but only for clubs. (Not for purchase). That being said it wasn't being selled so it was just promotional. 

PROMOTIONAL SINGLES FROM BRITNEY JEAN:

1. IT SHOULD BE EASY

2. TIK TIK BOOM

3. ALIEN

RADIO ONLY SINGLES FROM BRITNEY JEAN:

1. NOW THAT I FOUND YOU (ASIAN MARKET)

2. TIL IT'S GONE (FRANCE)

After we disscused about Matches being 5th single I consider it as an official single. So the next one is It Should Be Easy from Brenda Jones. So the info that I found:
- Three songs from the album recieved official remix packages and these songs are: Alien, Tik Tik Boom and ISBE. At this point they were all just pormoional releases and nothing more.
- After that Now That I Found You was sent to South Korean radios and Til It's Gone was sent to French radio. At this point they are only radio singles.
- After that ISBE was officialy sent to Contemporary Radio by RCA and was treated as the 3rd single from Britney Jean. You can find that info on this link:

https://www.earone.it/radio_date/search/artist/history/britney/

- Britney uploaded only 2 songs from BJ on her VEVO in 2014 and that were NTIFY (released as a radio single in South Korea) and ISBE (released as an official single in Italy and possibly in other European markets)

- Even Wikipedia states that ISBE is BJ 3rd single:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Should_Be_Easy

Here are some articles that claim this statement (some even in Italian):

https://www.rnbjunk.com/britney-spears-ft-will-easy-terzo-singolo/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/archivio.biccy.it/britney-spears-it-should-be-easy-e-il-terzo-singolo-ecco-i-remix-ufficiali/amp/

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/89051741.html?page=2

And here is the official artwork:

5xy1x.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Naes614 said:

I personally hated the lyrics and her robot voice but it was the highest charting song from Britney Jean on iTunes. I could see it being a hit and I hate saying that 🤣

I think that it has the most views on YT besides first two singles. The song would be good for me if her vocals weren't as edited. I even don't mind will.i.stop lol ❤

8 minutes ago, Louis-j said:

It should be erased. :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

Hahhahahaha I know it's not the best choice. If Passenger had Brit vocals it would be a great single but since it's a Myah Jean song than I would rather have ISBE with Brit vocals. Don't Cry or Hold On Tight would be great choices but Perfume was a ballad and it didn't do that well so a club song was clearly the best option.

I've tried changing the Wikipedia page but they keep changing it back.

The reference is that it was sent to Italian radio, but according to the discussion where the changes are made, it was only played in some random station, that doesn't even count for main radio airplay. 

And even if it was properly sent, according to the Wikipedia singles template (if we're gonna go by Wikipedia rules) radio singles shouldn't be counted here.

I'll say the same I said about Unusual You from Circus, back in the day in the early 2000s there might've been more mystery surrounding these region exclusive singles like Anticipating or That's Where You Take Me, because, well, it was region exclusive and I guess each country handled it differently. But in this day and age, when there's official social media accounts, it's just so weird that if these songs were intended to be official singles, even region exclusive, we wouldn't get even a Tweet confirming it, either from Britney's official accounts, the record label or some actual (and relevant) radio station.

Which is more, her team itself denied ISBE or TTB being singles and they stated it would only be sent to clubs for promotional purposes. Why wouldn't they take the opportunity to say, "oh but we ARE releasing ISBE in Italy, because reasons :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: "

9 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

The reference is that it was sent to Italian radio, but according to the discussion where the changes are made, it was only played in some random station, that doesn't even count for main radio airplay. 

And even if it was properly sent, according to the Wikipedia singles template (if we're gonna go by Wikipedia rules) radio singles shouldn't be counted here.

I'll say the same I said about Unusual You from Circus, back in the day in the early 2000s there might've been more mystery surrounding these region exclusive singles like Anticipating or That's Where You Take Me, because, well, it was region exclusive and I guess each country handled it differently. But in this day and age, when there's official social media accounts, it's just so weird that if these songs were intended to be official singles, even region exclusive, we wouldn't get even a Tweet confirming it, either from Britney's official accounts, the record label or some actual (and relevant) radio station.

Which is more, her team itself denied ISBE or TTB being singles and they stated it would only be sent to clubs for promotional purposes. Why wouldn't they take the opportunity to say, "oh but we ARE releasing ISBE in Italy, because reasons :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: "

Well I don't know, at some point you are right. They released remixes as promos but why would so many Italian sites write about it. I'm gonna go to Italian Wiki and view what it says.

19 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Went on Italian Wiki too and it says that it isn't a worldwide official single, just an exclusive Italian official single released on digital download. I don't know what to think at this point.

But for Unusual You I saw so many people from Australia claiming that they bought the CD single in stores and that it was an official single in their country. They also said that it's kinda rare because it flopped and that they are people making fake copyes. Like for example the official CD single has Shattered Glass as a b-side and on some fake copyes on the internet Unusual You is the only track on the CD. I've also found one version on Discogs that doesn't say that it is an unofficial release like others. For some reason TWYTM is also listed as an unofficial release but we know people here from Philippines that claim that it was an official.

But for ISBE it's kinda tricky because we only have remixes as a physical copy, but tbh Slumber Party didn't have an official physical or digital single and it is considered an official single sooooo...

1 minute ago, Lonely2001 said:

Well I don't know, at some point you are right. They released remixes as promos but why would so many Italian sites write about it. I'm gonna go to Italian Wiki and view what it says.

the first link you added, only talks about ISBE audio being uploaded to her YouTube account in January, which we all know means nothing, since NTIFY was also uploaded, and a couple of years ago several BJ tracks were uploaded too.

the second link talks about the remixes, that I already said her team confirmed to be just promotional

and Ohnotheydidn't talks about this random Italian source that doesn't even exist anymore, and the earone listing, that according to some Wikipedia users, it wasn't even played on important radio stations (we would need actual Italian fans to confirm this)

3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

the first link you added, only talks about ISBE audio being uploaded to her YouTube account in January, which we all know means nothing, since NTIFY was also uploaded, and a couple of years ago several BJ tracks were uploaded too.

the second link talks about the remixes, that I already said her team confirmed to be just promotional

and Ohnotheydidn't talks about this random Italian source that doesn't even exist anymore, and the earone listing, that according to some Wikipedia users, it wasn't even played on important radio stations (we would need actual Italian fans to confirm this)

Um okay, if you can edit her discography page on Wikipedia can you please edit this:

- Add TWYTM on her singles page

- Move My Only Wish from promotional to official singles (because this year it got an official physical and digital release)

- Add Unusual You (if you need material for confirmation that this is corect than I'll send you)

- And then finally somehow remove ISBE if you are so sure that it was just a promotional single. 🙂

1 minute ago, Unusualyoufrench said:

I remembered earing It should be easy on the radio in France just once in september 2014, but if was a local radio and maybe on a clubplaylist but everything is so blur in my mind ;)

I mean, in my country radio stations barely stream foreign music lol. I don't know what to think about this release now tbh. Tnx for your reply tho! 🙂

7 minutes ago, Lonely2001 said:

Went on Italian Wiki too and it says that it isn't a worldwide official single, just an exclusive Italian official single released on digital download. I don't know what to think at this point.

But for Unusual You I saw so many people from Australia claiming that they bought the CD single in stores and that it was an official single in their country. They also said that it's kinda rare because it flopped and that they are people making fake copyes. Like for example the official CD single has Shattered Glass as a b-side and on some fake copyes on the internet Unusual You is the only track on the CD. I've also found one version on Discogs that doesn't say that it is an unofficial release like others. For some reason TWYTM is also listed as an unofficial release but we know people here from Philippines that claim that it was an official.

But for ISBE it's kinda tricky because we only have remixes as a physical copy, but tbh Slumber Party didn't have an official physical or digital single and it is considered an official single sooooo...

Yeah, I mean, I'm not from Australia, so I couldn't say. I just find it weird no acknowledgement from her team would be done, especially because back in the Circus era they were very active on the britney.com site / blog. They even talked a lot about Kill the Lights which wasn't an official single. So it's just weird that they would release something, officially, and not even tweet about it or post some entry on the britney.com blog. 

Slumber Party I agree, that it wasn't technically released as a single for purchase, since they just replaced the album track, and then the Remix EP would come out a month later, and it wouldn't even include the non-remixed track. However, it was TREATED as a single, with a videoclip, performances, the promotion on her social media, acknowledgement from her official website, and she even talked about it in an interview. Even the actual promotional singles that were released before the album, Private Show, Clumsy and DWYCO got this acknowledgement. 

About the physical ISBE release you talk about, I've only seen those Chinese albums, which appear as unofficial on discogs, and I don't really know about their authenticity. We never got a confirmation that this was the format sent to clubs. Usually those promo/club singles lack an artwork, and they're just like blank CD's with some black and white text, but who knows. Again, we would need confirmation from someone that actually worked at a club that received these remixes to confirm. The supposed digital download in Italy would have to be confirmed by Italian fans too, because I have never seen it. I think something as relevant as that would've been noticed by all of us that were here at the forums back in the day, but all I remember were rumors surrounding the remixes, but nothing else. 

5 minutes ago, Lonely2001 said:

Um okay, if you can edit her discography page on Wikipedia can you please edit this:

- Add TWYTM on her singles page

- Move My Only Wish from promotional to official singles (because this year it got an official physical and digital release)

- Add Unusual You (if you need material for confirmation that this is corect than I'll send you)

- And then finally somehow remove ISBE if you are so sure that it was just a promotional single. 🙂

I wish I could, but it seems like all these Britney pages are monitored on the daily, and there's always people reverting back your changes.

Just lately, there was a lot of discussion on the Glory page, because people kept adding and deleting Mood Ring and Swimming in the Stars as singles. They even came up with the argument that ISBE was being shown as a single on BJ, so why wouldn't these. 

Apparently they settled down to divide Glory section in two, the first cover shows up MM and SP, and the re-release lists MR and SITS. If it was me, I would've just created a new page for the re-release altogether, since it also has two different covers and tracklists, and the original Glory also has the original release plus the Japanese Tour edition. The tracklist section is a mess with all the million of variations :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: Also the re-release has its own history, with Mood Ring being released earlier in 2020, then the vinyl coming out later in the year, with SITS announcement.

2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I wish I could, but it seems like all these Britney pages are monitored on the daily, and there's always people reverting back your changes.

Just lately, there was a lot of discussion on the Glory page, because people kept adding and deleting Mood Ring and Swimming in the Stars as singles. They even came up with the argument that ISBE was being shown as a single on BJ, so why wouldn't these. 

Apparently they settled down to divide Glory section in two, the first cover shows up MM and SP, and the re-release lists MR and SITS. If it was me, I would've just created a new page for the re-release altogether, since it also has two different covers and tracklists, and the original Glory also has the original release plus the Japanese Tour edition. The tracklist section is a mess with all the million of variations :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: Also the re-release has its own history, with Mood Ring being released earlier in 2020, then the vinyl coming out later in the year, with SITS announcement.

I mean who needs Wikipedia lol. I would love to send you a private message about some other releases because you seem to know a lot. Would you mind?

Archived