Anyone know the Britney Jean recording timeline?

PickleSpears

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didnt read all 3 pages, but I do remember  an exhale member who used to know and posted on exhale (very recently) the exact dates (including paparazi shots) from Britney while being spotted visiting the studio during recording sessions from Britney Jean. He or she knew like 5 or 6 specific dates.

On 1/5/2021 at 5:25 AM, PokemonSpears said:

there's no evidence of her starting the recording sessions in 2012 besides the time she was with Darkchild during the X Factor. It was denied by her team that they were working on her upcoming album though.

In December 2012 there were many rumors about people claiming to be working for her next album, that were again refuted by her team. Also in December will.i.am said in an interview he would love to work with her again, but he wasn't confirmed until May 2013, when he announced he would be the executive producer and would start recording that month after months of talks and lunches with Britney.

Even in January 2013 Hitboy said they were experimenting in the studio, around the time of Scream & Shout Remix, but again, nothing had officially begun.

And for the record, she didn't tweet "I'm working on a Blackout 2.0" it was just a silly question to tease the fans, kind of a rhetorical question

Saying things were refuted by her team when the entire point of those rumours is that her team made her switch directions isn't a good argument. Her team has shown in the past decade that they'll push the narrative that they see fit.

1 hour ago, Needleney said:

Didnt read all 3 pages, but I do remember  an exhale member who used to know and posted on exhale (very recently) the exact dates (including paparazi shots) from Britney while being spotted visiting the studio during recording sessions from Britney Jean. He or she knew like 5 or 6 specific dates.

That's awesome, any idea what it was called or who made it? Would love to search for that.

1 hour ago, PickleSpears said:

That's awesome, any idea what it was called or who made it? Would love to search for that.

No, but its very easy to find it yourself. Britney Jean got released on the 3th of december 2013 if im right. She got spotted in the recording studio that year on those 7 dates:

April 30th

30april.jpg

July 3th

3juli.jpg

July 5th

5juli.jpg

August 5th

5augu.jpg

August 6th

6august.jpg

October 3th

3okt.jpg

October 4th

4okt.jpg

And on the 3th of december Britney Jean got released, the same day as the Vegas anouncement.

3december.jpg

So there is your timeline. Sort of. :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

1 hour ago, Goten21 said:

Saying things were refuted by her team when the entire point of those rumours is that her team made her switch directions isn't a good argument. Her team has shown in the past decade that they'll push the narrative that they see fit.

thing is, it's precisely her team who has been in charge of her albums since the conservatorship started, so if they were the ones denying that she was working on the new album with Darkchild and the other people that claimed to be on the project, it's because it was most likely true. It doesn't make sense that she would start recording the album in 2012, when it wasn't yet known if she would come back for the third season of X Factor the following year.

She might have been going to the studio, just to play around, as she's stated in later interviews, but not without the intention of an album in mind. Similar to when she goes to the dance studio, when there's no performances or tours planned.

It wasn't until early January 2013 that it was confirmed that will.i.am and Hitboy were working with her for the new album, but it was just at the early stages (according to her reps). But it sounds legit, because Hitboy himself confirmed this on the set of Scream & Shout remix: "We've just been throwing ideas back and forth so far. So I can't really put a number on it or anything but it's coming together." "So we went in the studio and we started making some ideas already. And it's coming out nice, so I'm excited about that."

So it seems like they were just still figuring out what to do at that point. So probably not too long after that it's when they decided will.i.am would be the executive producer, because when he confirmed the news that he was executive producing on May 1st, according to him they had already been having lunches for several months, so I imagine something like from February - April, which is when they had the first sessions, late April. First official sessions at least, like, with B8 in mind. Whether It Should Be Easy was recorded since 2012 or it was reworked, we can't know. 

Now, people take that "Blackout 2.0" tweet as gospel, but that could be pretty much written by someone from her team, like Adam Leber who used to tweet a lot from her account back in the day, or all those times that "she" would reply to random fans' tweets.

5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

thing is, it's precisely her team who has been in charge of her albums since the conservatorship started, so if they were the ones denying that she was working on the new album with Darkchild and the other people that claimed to be on the project, it's because it was most likely true. It doesn't make sense that she would start recording the album in 2012, when it wasn't yet known if she would come back for the third season of X Factor the following year.

She might have been going to the studio, just to play around, as she's stated in later interviews, but not without the intention of an album in mind. Similar to when she goes to the dance studio, when there's no performances or tours planned.

It wasn't until early January 2013 that it was confirmed that will.i.am and Hitboy were working with her for the new album, but it was just at the early stages (according to her reps). But it sounds legit, because Hitboy himself confirmed this on the set of Scream & Shout remix: "We've just been throwing ideas back and forth so far. So I can't really put a number on it or anything but it's coming together." "So we went in the studio and we started making some ideas already. And it's coming out nice, so I'm excited about that."

So it seems like they were just still figuring out what to do at that point. So probably not too long after that it's when they decided will.i.am would be the executive producer, because when he confirmed the news that he was executive producing on May 1st, according to him they had already been having lunches for several months, so I imagine something like from February - April, which is when they had the first sessions, late April. First official sessions at least, like, with B8 in mind. Whether It Should Be Easy was recorded since 2012 or it was reworked, we can't know. 

Now, people take that "Blackout 2.0" tweet as gospel, but that could be pretty much written by someone from her team, like Adam Leber who used to tweet a lot from her account back in the day, or all those times that "she" would reply to random fans' tweets.

I don't know if Britney was ever the type to just... Not record. Wasn't she recording from 2004 to 2007 basically as well? Isn't the only reason they had all the material for Circus because she straight up had demos lying around? (genuine questions I think I read that somewhere)

Anyway I think you're mostly right except that it is possible nonetheless that she was working with those producers. Lots of producers directly said themselves that they worked with her, I see little reason for them to be lying about something like that tbh. I also read that the amount of stuff recorded for Britney Jean is huge (I read that on Exhale back in the day which is obviously not the best source, but it does align with everything)

5 minutes ago, Goten21 said:

I don't know if Britney was ever the type to just... Not record. Wasn't she recording from 2004 to 2007 basically as well? Isn't the only reason they had all the material for Circus because she straight up had demos lying around? (genuine questions I think I read that somewhere)

Anyway I think you're mostly right except that it is possible nonetheless that she was working with those producers. Lots of producers directly said themselves that they worked with her, I see little reason for them to be lying about something like that tbh. I also read that the amount of stuff recorded for Britney Jean is huge (I read that on Exhale back in the day which is obviously not the best source, but it does align with everything)

Well, I don't really know about that (the Circus material). We know she recorded stuff, the so called "Original Doll" sessions, and then all the songs that didn't make the cut to Blackout (if they were ever intended for Blackout) which started to be recorded since 2006. Then we know some songs from FF were recorded since 2009. So maybe she just records stuff and keeps it there.

I don't remember the exact interviews, but I know she's said relatively recently, whether it was between BJ and Glory, or after Glory, that she would constantly hit the studio to record stuff. But I don't feel like she's necessarily intending for every song she records to be released on an upcoming album, especially if takes too long. Like in the case of Glory, where she stated as early as 2014 that she was working slowly, but surely. That sounds like she was just experimenting to see what she liked, and according to the story, she apparently scrapped a lot of the material she had recorded and that's when Karen came in after Pretty Girls.

About Darkchild  or Elijah Blake who claimed to be working with Britney, I don't think they were necessarily lying, but maybe he assumed that just by having these meetings or sessions or whatever it was, because he never specified to have recorded songs, but just "...that she’s playing with new textures and stomping on new grounds and genres", maybe he assumed this was already officially counting for her next album, when that actually isn't even dictated by Britney or her team alone, but also the record label. According to the interview he was with Roc Nation, so maybe that was an issue too :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

On 1/5/2021 at 6:42 PM, Gaydar said:

It's no coincidence that Anthony Preston has essentially disappeared from the industry since BJ.

But what I find interesting about that is he obviously worked closely with will.i.am and her team and the idea to replace chunks of Britney with Myah was an active choice more than a couple people made. Like will.i.am re-editing songs after producers sent in their mixes (Orbit's comments and the glitch), there was a entire group of people behind the bad production choices of the album.

He said the truth will come out one day

Archived