Anyone know the Britney Jean recording timeline?

PickleSpears

I know Work ***** was recorded in May 2013, Perfume in July 2013, and I heard Alien was recorded in August 2013. Anyone know when the other tracks were recorded? Or the first or last songs recorded? Thanks!

And let's not make this about Myah or how much you don't like the album. Stay on topic please.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the success of Scream & Shout, Britney's team changed the original direction of Britney Jean and scrapped the whole project to make an album similar to Scream & Shout so they probably started recording in late 2012. BJ was supposed to be quite different from what we ended up getting. Britney allegedly didn't like the new direction so she refused to record anything and they called Myah . Remember when she tweeted "Blackout 2.0" back in 2012? I think that was before they changed the whole direction.

20 minutes ago, NotLouTaylor said:

After the success of Scream & Shout, Britney's team changed the original direction of Britney Jean and scrapped the whole project to make an album similar to Scream & Shout so they probably started recording in late 2012. BJ was supposed to be quite different from what we ended up getting. Britney allegedly didn't like the new direction so she refused to record anything and they called Myah . Remember when she tweeted "Blackout 2.0" back in 2012? I think that was before they changed the whole direction.

there's no evidence of her starting the recording sessions in 2012 besides the time she was with Darkchild during the X Factor. It was denied by her team that they were working on her upcoming album though.

In December 2012 there were many rumors about people claiming to be working for her next album, that were again refuted by her team. Also in December will.i.am said in an interview he would love to work with her again, but he wasn't confirmed until May 2013, when he announced he would be the executive producer and would start recording that month after months of talks and lunches with Britney.

Even in January 2013 Hitboy said they were experimenting in the studio, around the time of Scream & Shout Remix, but again, nothing had officially begun.

And for the record, she didn't tweet "I'm working on a Blackout 2.0" it was just a silly question to tease the fans, kind of a rhetorical question

14 minutes ago, NotLouTaylor said:

so we are tu assume that she was not given control of what to record but she was given control to tweet something out regarding an album she had no control of? lol

7 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

there's no evidence of her starting the recording sessions in 2012 besides the time she was with Darkchild during the X Factor. It was denied by her team that they were working on her upcoming album though.

In December 2012 there were many rumors about people claiming to be working for her next album, that were again refuted by her team. Also in December will.i.am said in an interview he would love to work with her again, but he wasn't confirmed until May 2013, when he announced he would be the executive producer and would start recording that month after months of talks and lunches with Britney.

Even in January 2013 Hitboy said they were experimenting in the studio, around the time of Scream & Shout Remix, but again, nothing had officially begun.

7 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

so we are tu assume that she was not given control of what to record but she was given control to tweet something out regarding an album she had no control of? lol

well considering there's an insane lack of communication coming from her team when it involves Britney Jean what are we supposed to do except speculating? it's their fault not mine :ehidk_britney_um_eek: That's what happens when celebs are being super secretive, fanbases start to invent crazy conspiracy theories.

Just now, NotLouTaylor said:

well considering there's an insane lack of communication coming from her team when it involves Britney Jean what are we supposed to do except speculating? it's their fault not mine :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

Ironically, her team was pretty communicative around this time, with "reps" denying or confirming who she was working with for this album.

Actually, they may have started since April. In an interview for Rolling Stone, which was published on May 1st, will.i.am talks about already having a session with Britney "yesterday", whenever that interview actually happened, but it must've been before May. And according to him they had already been in talks for months.

“After I did a song on Femme Fatale – ‘Big Fat Bass’ – and then we did ‘Scream & Shout,’ she really liked the way we worked because of my approach,” will.i.am told said last night at a Levi’s event in Hollywood celebrating his sustainable-product program Ekocycle. “So they asked me to be involved in, not producing and writing every song, but to be an executive producer on the songs.”

Although will.i.am wouldn’t confirm who those other songwriters and producers will be, he did mention that Spears “really liked Diplo,” who has been rumored to be involved in the album. The producer hopes this album will reflect who Spears is as a person rather than an artist, and he’s been actively spending time getting to know her on a more intimate level to ensure that can happen.

“I was like, ‘OK, look, guys, me and Britney need to have lunch four times a month for three months before I even try to go in the studio with her,'” will.i.am said. “Because we need to talk. We need to talk about what she’s excited about in life. I gotta talk about the things that hurt her. I gotta talk about the things that make her concerned – she’s a mother. I gotta talk to her about all the things that her fans want to talk to her about. I gotta be the vehicle between her and her fans.” He added, “We can’t do another song about going on the dance floor. Really? Didn’t we see a bunch of Britney doing that already? Don’t we want to see something that comes from her heart?”

The producer and Spears have now had almost three months’ worth of lunches, and they had a session yesterday that will.i.am called “amazing.” Although he was unable to offer any sense of a timeline on the album’s release, he suggested that the production on his end is moving along fairly quickly.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/will-i-am-producing-new-britney-spears-album-245009/

4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Ironically, her team was pretty communicative around this time, with "reps" denying or confirming who she was working with for this album.

Actually, they may have started since April. In an interview for Rolling Stone, which was published on May 1st, will.i.am talks about already having a session with Britney "yesterday", whenever that interview actually happened, but it must've been before May. And according to him they had already been in talks for months.

Interesting,i don't really remember the era that much, but the fact that they stopped communicating about it after the whole Myah scandal didn't help, it just created even more alienation between the fanbase and her team

14 hours ago, dr34mc0r3 said:

well considering there's an insane lack of communication coming from her team when it involves Britney Jean what are we supposed to do except speculating? it's their fault not mine :ehidk_britney_um_eek: That's what happens when celebs are being super secretive, fanbases start to invent crazy conspiracy theories.

not gonna lie, im here for it LOL, sometimes these conspiracy theories are so much fun.

Well It Should Be Easy was one of the first songs recorded because it was originally supposed to be for will.i.am's album, but then the demo got stolen from his car in late 2012 so I imagine it was redone after that point. I think Perfume was the last song recorded for the album. 

Archived