WWE Anticipated Booking Britney Spears

ColdAsFire88

At one point the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) anticipated booking Britney Spears for an event. In 2006, Kevin was busy trying to book promotion for his album Playing With Fire. That said, this means it would have happened in 2006, but Britney filed for divorce :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

As a long time Britney fan I never knew about this but I wonder what Britney’s ring intro song would have been? :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

Anyway, Kevin did end up booking a match against the WWE rapper John Cena. Check it out after the quoted article. 

WWE has featured plenty of celebrities on their show, and sometimes their intention is to score an even bigger celebrity off of another appearance. That is what happened with K-Fed because WWE really wanted to bring in his then-wife Britney Spears.

While discussing the subject on Something To Wrestle With, Bruce Prichard revealed that there were some in WWE who wanted to transition a positive K-Fed appearance into one for his famous pop star spouse. That appearance did not work out for Britney Spears, but they did get K-Fed to show up.

K-Fed was obviously looking for any kind for promotion that he could get in a positive light. We are always looking for any kind of interaction that we can get with people that are popular at the time.”

“K-Fed fit both of those, but Britney (Spears) was never discussed. Britney was not discussed up front. I think there was a general feeling among those in creative that if we were good with Kevin and he likes it and it does positive things for him… then this is a great opportunity for maybe Britney [Spears] to show up at an event. Down the line we could maybe get Britney involved in something. There was half that said maybe we can get Britney at some point along the way, even if it was a quick appearance on television.”

2007 was a much different time for everyone, especially K-Fed. That WWE appearance didn’t lead to Britney Spears sitting in the crowd during a WWE event, but K-Fed was able to pick up a win against John Cena in the process.

K-Fed VS John Cena :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

i can't believe this trash bag was allowed near to britney before their engagement.  :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

After Britney got with K-Fed I realized that she was a bit insecure. In her defense, at that point in her career I would have been too. He definitely took advantage of that and everything else. 

Archived