Nicki Minaj is being sued for $200 million over new song "Rich ***"

Well a new era calls for new problems for Nicki Minaj. Unfortunately, from time to time a Queen must defend their thrown :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:
nicki-sued.jpg.ce25aa8ac88c1e9ab02c192a59520229.jpg

Turns out Nicki is being sued by rapper Jawara Headley aka Brinx Billions for her hit Rich *** (Per Complex). Brinx is stating that Nicki (allegedly) ripped off him and took his song (melody and writing). What do you guys make of this? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Nicki Minaj is being sued over her song “Rich ***,” which appeared on her 2018 album Queen.

According to TMZ, rapper Jawara Headley is suing the fellow Queens native for more than $200 million over the track. Headley, who goes by Brinx Billions, claims he should be credited as the sole author/creator/composer/writer/producer of “Rich ***.”

As TMZ points out, Headley is currently credited as a writer on the song according to the ASCAP database. In his legal filings, he alleges he first showed Onika “Rich ***” prior to 2016, when she told him “it would be extremely marketable and become a global hit.” He claims the two met via MySpace back in 2007.

In the lawsuit, Headley points to specific lyrics, including “it ain’t such a thing as broke and handsome,” as evidence of Nicki’s theft. He also says the song has a similar beat and arrangement.

Lil Wayne hopped on the track for Queen. In addition to Nicki, Brinx Billions is also suing Universal Music Group, Young Money, and Cash Money for more than $200 million in damages.

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Seems a bit steep no? I mean has Nicki even made $200 million off of sales and streaming revenue in the past 5 years alone, much less for that one song?

I’m sure there are more dollar signs added for things that aren’t necessary. Like the article says he is listed as a writer, but i guess he was all the above, allegedly of course :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Anyway, if there’s any truth to it I’m sure it will be settled out of court.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, blackguillemot said:

Can he go to hell? Was that song even a single? That song had any potential success only with a big name attached to it.

I think it was intended to be a single with a MV but I recall some controversy surrounding the video and it wasn’t released. So i guess it was a promotional single :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Anyway, it peaked at #56 on the BB100 but has no certifications so it sounds like it didn’t sell much so IDK where this dude is coming up with 200m for one song :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block