Britney Spears Album Covers: Reloaded

Blackout2006

7 hours ago, MrPieceOfMe said:

I prefer the FF one more than the original. :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

Omg this is such a big honor from Slayer's megarates biggest Femme Fatale stan, thank you so much :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

The Blackout one is fire :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes:

Thx so much! which one do you prefer? the one without or with the title

The Circus one is... well, you could at least put her face on it :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Her face is there tho :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

The Britney one is fire :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes:

Thx so much!!! I thought it looked much better and more awesome than the OG one :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

The BOMT one is... meh :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

What do u mean :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

The OIDIA one is flawless the way it is, but I think I like it more that way, without the text :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

Yup, yup, yup it looks AMAZING by itself :carpoolney_dance_karaoke_glory_sunglasses_party_raise_roof:

For ITZ one, well you just removed the text :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

It still took alot of effort since i had to make the stuff i used to blur the text out cohesive with the cover to look barely noticeable :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ElenaB said:

i loveee the baby one:awyeah_britney_yes_yas: and we can all agree the pic u used for Blackout is the best from that shoot (along with the one with the priest):yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

yay someone whom is finally liking the Baby cover :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead: Omg yes, it looks amazing and Britney was SNAPPING in the photoshoot ugh such a legendary era of hers :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

7 hours ago, Thelegendarybritney said:

I am into the ITZ cover with no text :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses: we deserve to look at that gorgeous cover in full effect

maybe a zoomed out cover as well for the deluxe edition we should have got 

i like the Britney cover as well 

well done :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

Ah yes! the ITZ cover without the text looks amazing since her camera shot is so captivating in the OG cover that you forget there is text around her, so i thought it was better off :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: and i think textless-album covers give people a feeel that it is going to be an artistic record so thats why i chose to go with such direction :cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile: 

Thx! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:Which Britney cover did u like more? the standard or deluxe?

1. BOMT- Love the image, but to me it looks more like a back cover where the song titles are listed.
2. OIDIA- YES!!! Oops cover is glorious!

3. Britney- Again pretty image, but I don’t like the words on her face. Second version is better.
4. ITZ- YES!!! But for the sake of changing things up, I’d zoom out even more to see her shoulders. Like the original concept.

5. Blackout- Stunning. I’d zoom in even more on her face. ITZ style.

6. Circus- Mmm, again words on the face, not a fan. Maybe a wider angle of that same shot?

7. FF- I don’t love it, but better than the original.

8. BJ- I don’t know her. 
9. Glory- It’s a no from me, dwag. 

I love how creative some of the members here are! @Blackout2006 you should be applauded for even making an effort and being brave enough to open yourself up to criticism by sharing these with us. :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited:

Here are my thoughts:

1. BOMT - love LOVE love. While the original cover is iconic, I think this picture better fits the theme of the album. I agree that it represents a more mature but still teen look, which reflects the mix of teen innocence with a scandalous Lolita vibe that the BOMT video made famous. The only thing I would change is the font, but I still think it's an amazing cover.

2. Oops - I usually tend to not be a fan of covers without text because it doesn't seem like a finished product, especially since one of my internships at Sony Music in college exclusively focused on album design/packaging. However, I think it really works here. I actually think the original cover's text takes up too much space and takes away from the photo, which shows Britney looking more mature than the BOMT era and gives off the vibe that her second album built upon BOMT's themes and took them in a more seasoned direction.

3. Britney - I loved the picture you used but it might look better if the text was in a lower corner like you did with BOMT so it doesn't block her face. I love how you layered the images in different colors - makes it look very unique. I also wasn't sure how I felt about the deluxe edition cover at first but every time I look at it, it grows on me more and more to where I think it would be an incredible professional product. If the picture were a little bigger and the white frame a little smaller, I might like it more, but as it is, I think you've successfully accomplished the sophisticated and transitional feel.

4. In the Zone - similar thoughts to #2. Maybe a very small "Britney Spears" in the upper left hand corner with a very small "In the Zone" or even "in the zone" (all lowercase) in the bottom right hand corner could make it look a little more complete while still focusing on the picture. I do agree that the picture itself reflected the more thermal and mature environment of the era so I'm glad you kept it!

5. Blackout - perfect picture for the cover! I remember thinking the original was a mess when it first came out because of the cheesy design but yours is so simple yet still emphasizes the darkness of the era. I think the 2nd one (with the text) is my favorite, and I honestly can say that it looks better than any official cover Britney's ever released. It almost reminds me of something Madonna would put out in the 90's that I would see in the CD store and would immediately grab my attention.

6. Circus - almost perfect! I hate nitpicking because these are all so incredible and I'm not a professional designer or anything, but it might look cool if the text was on top instead of the bottom. I love the idea of a falling star rising up to be triumphant, but at the same time she was still under the conservatorship and facing significant personal issues. If the text was on the top, it could have more of a double meaning in that she looks like she's rising from the ashes but she's still trying to reach for that unattainable goal of the Britney Spears in the stars (her prime) that people expect of her, which might have been fun for us to see but in reality was a Circus for Britney. In that sense, the photo has more significance in that the look on her face could mean she wants to get back to that place but is hesitant because of the spectacle of it all.

7. Femme Fatale - no comments or suggestions; I think it's absolutely perfect. It gives off the vibe that she's supposed to be this confident Femme Fatale, yet she's still broken in different pieces and hides behind the idea of a confident Femme Fatale who still hides most of herself from the world. 

8. Britney Jean - again this is perfect. It's so simple yet works SO well. It was SUPPOSED to be her most personal album, so we get this kind of cool neon sign that looks like Britney signed it herself with a heart. However, the actual product seems largely devoid of any Britney input at all and the cover shows that while we may think it's personal, she was truly not involved at all and the marketing for the album was all a facade.

9. Glory - O.M.G. stunning, elegant, beautiful. I love the picture you used! I thought the cover was too bright at first, but the more I looked at it, I felt that it could reflect Britney being so in the spotlight that she's blinded by all these flashing lights and this is what she's presenting. By 2016, she seemed to be in the best place but we don't know what was going on. The cover shows a Britney that appears to be in control and confident in front of the bright lights, but again, it's only a small sliver of her life that we're allowed to see, without knowing the real story. 

I really think these are all incredible and hope you continue sharing more of your work with us! You are super talented :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

Omg this is such a big honor from Slayer's megarates biggest Femme Fatale stan, thank you so much :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

Thx so much! which one do you prefer? the one without or with the title

Her face is there tho :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Thx so much!!! I thought it looked much better and more awesome than the OG one :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

What do u mean :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Yup, yup, yup it looks AMAZING by itself :carpoolney_dance_karaoke_glory_sunglasses_party_raise_roof:

It still took alot of effort since i had to make the stuff i used to blur the text out cohesive with the cover to look barely noticeable :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Maybe you could use a zoom out picture for in the zone, :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: for the Blackout one - the one with the text, I love it! :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy: And I just don’t like the BOMT at all, it’s kind of good, but nothing that awesome :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:  I think the Circus one isn’t yours also :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Archived