This Day In Pop: Britney Spears cancels Domination and goes on hiatus (January 4th, 2019)

23 hours ago, jordeezy said:

I had a feeling that it wasn't going to happen as soon as they announced it.  The visuals were off brand and the timing was too soon. Then the Ellen announcement made it feel even more weird.  Then the main announcement was just so shady and I knew something was up. I want to know the story behind that night sooo badly. 

Yeah now that u say it...she was not looking happy at all that night. I wouldn't be surprised if she already "planned" the strike to "hurt" her father and show him that enough is enough.

The difference between this announcement party and the POM party is like day and night.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Yeah now that u say it...she was not looking happy at all that night. I wouldn't be surprised if she already "planned" the strike to "hurt" her father and show him that enough is enough.

The difference between this announcement party and the POM party is like day and night.

I thought it was so ironic that she stood on top of an upside down pyramid with people on leashes in the Work ***** video but for her last stage appearance she walked down from an upside down pyramid while holding mens' hands.  Symbolism is crazy. 

On 1/4/2021 at 1:49 PM, Z_Phoenix20 said:

Makes

me curious if the show did not get canceled... how it would have played out due to the pandemic.... would it have been put on hold anyway?:watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

It would have been cancelled anyway lol. She would have only done a few legs with some breaks in between then the pandemic hits. So regardless it wouldn’t have lasted that long

Nothing leading up to this made sense. The Vegas announcement that we watched, the Ellen announcement, the timing (why do another residency barely a year after the last one ended?), her lack of excitement, etc.

the only thing I’m mad about is that we never got a performance of the glory tracks. The Slave 4 U remix sounded sick and we were FINALLY gonna get Overprotected. Still bitter about that :overitkbye_britney_annoyed_leave_leaving_goodbye_blue:

22 minutes ago, Phonography423 said:

Nothing leading up to this made sense. The Vegas announcement that we watched, the Ellen announcement, the timing (why do another residency barely a year after the last one ended?), her lack of excitement, etc.

the only thing I’m mad about is that we never got a performance of the glory tracks. The Slave 4 U remix sounded sick and we were FINALLY gonna get Overprotected. Still bitter about that :overitkbye_britney_annoyed_leave_leaving_goodbye_blue:

Dont forget My Prerogative :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

it was clear that this show was being aimed towards fans. Regardless of people thinking it was going to be POM 3.0 I truly believe it would’ve been a fan favorite. I also always got the vibe this show wouldn’t have lasted more than 2 years (minus the pandemic). I just feel like this show was gonna be fan service before britney got to take a break for a minute. But who knows

• 11 months later...