This Day In Pop: Britney Spears cancels Domination and goes on hiatus (January 4th, 2019)

4 hours ago, 1inamillion said:

Little did we know...:sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record: 

The lies and manipulation with the colon and the "me time"...:sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

Everything was so shady and we were so clueless even two years ago and we still are. Thanks to the gram girls the tip of the iceberg was revealed.

Papa Spears needed a little “me” time :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Haha 4
6 hours ago, Z_Phoenix20 said:

Makes

me curious if the show did not get canceled... how it would have played out due to the pandemic.... would it have been put on hold anyway?:watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

It most likely would have. I can’t imagine many dates would have happened at all in 2020. Maybe it was for the best ddd

Cannot believe it's been 2 years. I remember being so confused since I had seen her in July at POM in Atlantic City and she looked so incredibly healthy and confident, like all the bad days were behind her. I thought it was so weird that she seemed really excited about Domination and was uploading all these videos of her rehearsals and then it was just suddenly canceled. I thought the announcement was really weird but I brushed it off. When I saw this post I had no idea what the next 2 years would bring and when she "resurfaced" on Instagram a few months later I thought wow she needed some time to herself, how nice that the media has backed off. RIP to checking her Instagram without trying to find hidden meanings :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

If there's one thing I'm hopeful about is that this was the impetus for her to fight for her basic human rights. We all thought she was happy and content in her situation and just 2 months later #freebritney picked up and look where she is now: Loucifer is gone, Britney was able to get an independent trust company to work with Colon to ensure that he's not mismanaging her funds, and she has publicly stated on record (and most importantly under oath in legal pleadings) that she is not comfortable with her father retaining such control over her life. I really truly hope that we can look back at this period as what started Britney regaining her strength and taking back her freedom :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

• Like 2
11 hours ago, gagamariah87 said:

Wow,  what an insightful and stunning era, it even lasts longer now than Blackout-, BJ-, Pretty Girls- and Glory-Eras combined:slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

Colon's impact :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

I still believe "Domination" was never actually in plan to happen in real. It was so soon after POM  and messy from the start, very rushed etc. I believe it was a money grab by insider from team britney and her father. They signed the contract and got certain portion of money of it and then they terminated it for health reason so the company will get money back from the insurance company.  It was scam I believe. Schitts Creek Do Not Want GIF by CBC

• Content Curators

Omfg don’t remind me

i was in gym class that day and saw the post then sprinted to the bathroom and couldn’t believe what I was reading

at that time I was so sick and tired of POM I was desperately excited to see some new content and was just waiting for feb to come quick and then it was cancelled :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad: