Queen of 2006: Fergie vs Gwen Stefani vs Nelly Furtado?

Which queen is your favorite ?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Great thread!

Queen of the three?: GWEN, no doubt about it. A legend. Period.

Queen of 2006?: Fergie. "The Dutchess" was indisputably M-A-S-S-I-V-E worldwide.

Nelly was huge in 2006 too but her success was uneven throughout the world. Also, her voice omg... Sometimes I think it's quirky and different and hip and cool or whatever but three songs in and oh my, girl give me a break. Too high-pitched for me. I always wanted to buy her albums and get through them all with ease because she's super unique and has nice songs, but I just can't.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, popprison said:

I voted for Fergie but Nelly Furtado was probably, internationally, the most successful. They both continued their reign in to 2007

Idk about internationally but i'm from France and all three of them were equally huge here

in the early 00s (2004-2007) you couldn't escape any of them.

Gwen's first solo era was very popular, her music videos were always airing on MTV france and other Music channels, she also performed on the biggest award show in France (Nrj awards)

Fergie also performed there in 2007.

Fergie was very popular , Black Eyed Peas had a lot of top 5 hits in France

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Nelly Furtado was bigger worldwide, had more meaningful music and came from an album that was a commercial flop (even though “Try” is a masterpiece) - so it was harder for her than for the other girls whom already had a huge hype. She reinvented herself and built success without any hype. NELLY WINS. 

• Love 4
  • Like 2

I mean I LOVED all but GWEN and then Fergie were like my girls forever and Gwen still is. I ALWAYS loved NELLYFurtados singles and Features! 

THIS SONG WAS EVERYTHING AND HUGE!!! <3 I LOVE IT SO MUCH!! 

MORAL OF THE STORY NELLY WAS BORING... ATLEAST TO ME. i OWNED ALBUMS FROM No doubt, Gwen Stefani,Black Eyed peas, Fergie.. BUT NOT ONE ALBUM DID I OWN FROM NELLY! EVEN THO I LOVE A GOOD MAJORITY OF HER SINGALS!

GWEN HAD BEEN AROUND ALL THROUGH THE 90'S WITH NO DOUBT AND I WAS A HUGE NO DOUBT FAN, ALOT OF THEIR SONGS REPRE3SENT MY CHILDHOOD SO ALREADY LOVED HER AND THEN LAMB JUST SEALED HER AS ONE OF MY FOREVER DOLLS! <3

THIS VIDEO <3 I REMEMBER BEING A LITTLE GAY  WATCHING THIS VIDEO ALSO PLAYING WITH BRATZ DOLLS WHO I DRESSED UP LIKE GWEN! MY GAY BESTIE AND I LOVED OUR BRATZ AND POP GIRLS!! GWEN DID IT! RE-WATCH THIS VIDEO <3

F-E-R-G-I-E<3

ALSO FERGIE LIKE GWEN HAD ALREADY CEMENTED HERSELF INTO US ALL WITH BEP AND C'MON SHE WAS ALWAYS THE BEST PART OF BEP!! ATLEAST TO ME AND ALL THE PEOPLE IN MY LIFE!!! MY DAD BOUGHT THE ELIPHUNK ALBUM AND IT WAS OVER FROM THERE!!! AND FERGIES POPULARITY ROSE ALL OVER THE WORLD<3 

OH YEAH AND SHE PISSED HER PANTS PERFORMING THIS ALBUM LIVE ON STAGE AND OWNED IT! <3 SO ICONIC

IT ONLY MADE SENSE FOR HER TO BREAK FREE AND THANK GOD SHE DID! SHE GAVE US ONE OF THE BEST POP ALBUMS FROM 2006.

(THE UNEDITED VERSION IS ALWAYS THE BEST DUH!) WHY THEY DIDNT USE IT IN THE VIDEO I'LL NEVER KNOW?  "OH ****, OH ****"

WE KNEW IT WAS A BANGER! AND WE NEEDED THEM DESPERTALY AT THAT TIME.  GODNEY WAS ON BREAK HAVING KIDS AND WE ALL NEEDED NEW POP MUSIC AND THANK GODNEY FERGIE DELIVERD <3 

IN CONCLUSION THE WINNER AND BIGGEST STAR WHO IS STILL RELEVANTISH TODAY IS GWEN!!! AND SHE LOOKS SO GOOD at 51! I CAN ONLY PRAY AND DREAM I LOOK AS GOOD AS HER LEFT *** CHEEK BY THAT AGE. (UNLESS YO GIRL GET LUCKY? YA NEVER KNOW! PRAY FOR ME! )

THANK YOU FOR COMING TO MY HERSTORY CLASS FROM MY LATE JUNIOR HIGH EARLY HIGH SCHOOL STILL PLAYING WITH BRATZ DOLL HAVIN DAYS <3 I HAVE MANY MANY MORE POP CULTURE GIRLS GLUED IN MY HEAD 4 LYFE!!! 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

I did not care for any of them that much.

Nelly Furtado's only good song was "I'm like a bird", and from there it went downhill. The harajuku girls theme was fun in Stefani's music videos but the few live I saw weren't that great...

And then there was Fergie. To this day Fergalicious STILL pops into my head from time to time. I didn't like the song at the time of its release and still don't like it now, it's like an ironic earworm, but I can't deny that it stuck with me lmao. So she wins I guess. And all of her MVs feels like a time machine back to the pre-2008-BoomBoomPOW-BEP era. It's also fun to see the contrast between the Mainstream Success-Fergie back in 2006-8 vs Butchered National Anthem-Fergie of today (at least she tries new things!).

edit: OK, "London Bridge" was an absolute BOP. I remember parties where practically everyone was feeling that one (even the straight guys after enough beers).

Hmm tough one. 

I never really vibed with Fergie although her music is catchy. It just rarely makes me go back to her songs. Glamorous and Big Girls Don't Cry bring the nostalgia for me.

Gwen was big at the time, I remember. Sweet Escape, Cool, 4 in the morning, Hollaback Girl, Rich Girl. However, these songs are from the span of 3-4 years (2004-2007) so I wouldn't say Gwen captures the 2006 sound. 

For me, it has to be Nelly. Nelly & Timbaland & JT were such a major trio. I love Timbaland's production from the time and for me that's the sound of 2006/2007. Promiscuous, Say It Right, Maneater, All Good Things, Give it to me, Morning after Dark. I go back to her songs the most out of the three. It's super nostalgic and each song still slaps. I'm hoping they make a comeback. 

3 hours ago, thebritmaster said:

Remember around then Britney said pop was getting boring so she wanted to come back :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao: the shade toward these 3 :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

https://www.mtv.com/news/1524509/britney-spears-working-on-new-album-to-boost-boring-pop-scene/

Except Britney is a big No Doubt & Gwen Stefani fan. She has stated before she’d like to collaborate with Gwen. They also used to be neighbors 😻Season 5 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race S5

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block