Queen of 2006: Fergie vs Gwen Stefani vs Nelly Furtado?

Which queen is your favorite ?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was in grade 10 when these albums came out. I remember my friends literally wrote and performed a fergie musical for drama class and did bits from the songs from that album. ‘Finally’ was the finale. LOL omg it was amazing. 

So I may be biased... but yeah, I picked fergie ahahahahaha 

• Love 4

I would have to say Nelly Furtado... but all of them were undeniable back then. 'Maneater' was bigger than 'Promiscuous' and 'Say it Right' at least here in México. The three of them are timeless tracks.

Fergie was so appealing as well. My fave is 'Glamorous'. And Gwen, oh my, some deep cuts of hers slayyyyy: 'Serious', 'Danger Zone', 'Breaking Up'... and of course, all of the hits.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I love all of them, but they really aren't the Queens of anything cuz they never maintained their momentum or tried hard enough to keep it.

They are all underrated though.

Here are a couple of my favorite songs from them...

I don't really have the words to describe how much I love Wonderful Life, I'll forever wish it was a single and it just grabs me at my core.

Gwen does heartbreak really well in my opinion, you just feel exactly what she went through if you've been in the same situation.

Gwen's issue, like all of these ladies, is they let way too much time pass after their major successes. Gwen and Fergie made the mistake of going back to their bands, and by the time they got back to their solo work the hype was gone (and frankly so was the creativity). Another big problem with these ladies are their single selections, especially in their later eras, it's like they didn't know what to pick.

Nelly was always more meaningful with her music before and after Loose. Timbaland really brought the main pop girl out of her, I just wish she wanted it because she really could have had it all. Bops for singles, then the songs you really wanted to make as the album tracks, most artists never find that balance and it sucks. I really love Nelly and wish she was still prominent, because there was nothing generic about her.

It's a damn shame that Spirit Indestructible was so slept on because Big Hoops and Parking Lot were pure trash. Bucket List was a great song, but barely being in your music video is one of the biggest faux pas' an artist can commit, forget throwing a preachy message in front of it. By the time Waiting For The Night dropped the damage was already done, the album was a flop due to poor choices. It really hurt to watch her tumble because I really love Nelly.

Fergie's first album was one of those rare gems where literally any track could have been a single, but she took way too long between albums.

It sucks that A Little Party was so slept on cuz it is such a bop.

Unfortunately she really just lost her way with Double Duchess because there's literally nothing to salvage. After a major flop album and the National Anthem fiasco I get why she's running away from the spotlight. It just sucks cuz she's very talented and I really miss her, I'd be happy even if she went back to the peas.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Adriannn said:

I would have to say Nelly Furtado... but all of them were undeniable back then. 'Maneater' was bigger than 'Promiscuous' and 'Say it Right' at least here in México. The three of them are timeless tracks.

Fergie was so appealing as well. My fave is 'Glamorous'. And Gwen, oh my, some deep cuts of hers slayyyyy: 'Serious', 'Danger Zone', 'Breaking Up'... and of course, all of the hits.

Yes, Maneater had more international appeal, Promiscuous is so american. 

But the only number 1 single from that era in germany was "All Good Things (Come To An End)", which is very strange, Say It Right was everywhere. 

• Love 2

Nelly Furtado! 

I'll always remember this memory so vividly because it resonated with me so much when I first read about it. I was sitting in the library in high school reading this magazine about an interview about Nelly (she's from Victoria, Canada - Canadian love!) and she was saying how she was incredibly grateful for the success of her first album and she hopes to be one of those artists that would come out with several albums (not just a one hit wonder). She went on to say, some artists come out with one or two albums and disappear .. and she wasn't going to be one of those artists. I always hoped she'd become one of those artists that would disappear into obscurity ... I can't say for certain if she accomplished this wish or not ... I only liked her first two albums .. and some hits here and there ... but I really like more of her unfamiliar songs like...

• Love 5

First things first, this is one of the hardest polls I’ve had to vote since I’ve been on this site. 🙃
All 3 girls were huge through out 2006 and all of them had huge hits both radio and videos. 
With that said Nelly Furtado solely wins on Say It Right alone!!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

I love all of them, but they really aren't the Queens of anything cuz they never maintained their momentum or tried hard enough to keep it.

They are all underrated though.

Here are a couple of my favorite songs from them...

I don't really have the words to describe how much I love Wonderful Life, I'll forever wish it was a single and it just grabs me at my core.

Gwen does heartbreak really well in my opinion, you just feel exactly what she went through if you've been in the same situation.

Gwen's issue, like all of these ladies, is they let way too much time pass after their major successes. Gwen and Fergie made the mistake of going back to their bands, and by the time they got back to their solo work the hype was gone (and frankly so was the creativity). Another big problem with these ladies are their single selections, especially in their later eras, it's like they didn't know what to pick.

Nelly was always more meaningful with her music before and after Loose. Timbaland really brought the main pop girl out of her, I just wish she wanted it because she really could have had it all. Bops for singles, then the songs you really wanted to make as the album tracks, most artists never find that balance and it sucks. I really love Nelly and wish she was still prominent, because there was nothing generic about her.

It's a damn shame that Spirit Indestructible was so slept on because Big Hoops and Parking Lot were pure trash. Bucket List was a great song, but barely being in your music video is one of the biggest faux pas' an artist can commit, forget throwing a preachy message in front of it. By the time Waiting For The Night dropped the damage was already done, the album was a flop due to poor choices. It really hurt to watch her tumble because I really love Nelly.

Fergie's first album was one of those rare gems where literally any track could have been a single, but she took way too long between albums.

It sucks that A Little Party was so slept on cuz it is such a bop.

Unfortunately she really just lost her way with Double Duchess because there's literally nothing to salvage. After a major flop album and the National Anthem fiasco I get why she's running away from the spotlight. It just sucks cuz she's very talented and I really miss her, I'd be happy even if she went back to the peas.

YES TO EVERYTHING

• Love 1

Of these three, I like Nelly the most. I never thought I would ever become a fan of her. I find her two albums terrible, I´m Like A Bird was a very worse song for me. With Loose it made click. Now she´s in my Top 5 ( excluding my role models)

The second is Gwen. I was a huge fan of No Doubt in the 90s.(hope it is ok to post songs from them?)

And then Fergie. Sadly she just brought out just two CDs as a solo artist. But she had a lot of good songs with BEP. My favorites of them are Shut Up, Meet Me Half Way, and Don´t Phunk With My Heart.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block