How Would The "Crossroads" Soundtrack And Era Been Like?

I am going to get dragged for this but Britney isn’t one of my favorite BS albums :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: 

I was always under the impression that Britney was in full control of the album but what you have said makes since. 

I always felt that Britney wanted it to be more personal but it felt more commercial to me...which makes sense because the album had no radio deal and she was able to promote the singles thru her own movie and Austin powers movie + touring/performances. 

IMO Slave 4 U & Overprotected(Remix) were singles intended for the album.

Im not a girl not yet a woman & I love RocknRoll were def for Crossroads

Boys was for Austin Powers

Anyway, my tracklist for Crossroads would be:

1. I’m not a girl not yet a woman

2. I love RocknRoll 

3. Cinderella 

4. Bombastic love

5. Overprotected original mix

6. I run away

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I am going to get dragged for this but Britney isn’t one of my favorite BS albums :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: 

I was always under the impression that Britney was in full control of the album but what you have said makes since. 

I always felt that Britney wanted it to be more personal but it felt more commercial to me...which makes sense because the album had no radio deal and she was able to promote the singles thru her own movie and Austin powers movie + touring/performances. 

IMO Slave 4 U & Overprotected(Remix) were singles intended for the album.

Im not a girl not yet a woman & I love RocknRoll were def for Crossroads

Boys was for Austin Powers

How weird :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory: 

It for sure was Britney in control, even though it wasnt what she wanted promotion-wise she basically gave the direction for this record :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

36 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Anyway, my tracklist for Crossroads would be:

1. I’m not a girl not yet a woman

2. I love RocknRoll 

3. Cinderella 

4. Bombastic love

5. Overprotected original mix

6. I run away

I agree with everything except i run away :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Crossroads wouldn’t have been an ep. the movie used many songs from other artists like most soundtracks. Here’s all the songs used in the movie.

They should have released the movie April/may when the Britney album was done with singles, let the movie come out promote it for a few weeks then tour 

open your heart (Madonna): Britney covers the song

sucker punch: bowling for soup

My greatest day: bowling for soup

lets get it on: Marvin gay

You and me: bowling for soup

Lipstick and bruises: lit

Rise: the cult

bye, bye, bye: nsync

How I could just kill a man: anti matter

girlfriend: Matthew sweet 

Spread your legs: James andrews

I ran (so far away): Knox Hughes & Sidney james

I Love rock ‘n roll: Britney and taryn manning

shake ya ***: mystikal 

Crazy live: boomkat

man! I feel like a woman: shania twain

Follow the light: travis

Unforgetful you: jars of clay

Not a girl: britney

if it makes you happy: Sheryl crow

So have I for you: Nikki costa

Overprotected: Britney

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Cinderella and it had to take a lot of convincing and struggling to pursue Britney to allow those two tracks to enter the track list of Britney as she had creative control with this record.

She wrote Cinderella so? :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

Why does everyone spread this because ONE fan confused Bombastic Love with Cinderella a few years ago. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

• Love 1
  • Like 2

it would have been dope if they took all the teen-pop songs off Britney and put those songs on the Crossroads OST album instead

if they did this, i believe the Britney album would have been way more hip-hop infused with songs like Slave and Boys. An entiere album produced by the Neptunes would have been insane. (Pharrell was crazy good back then)

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

She wrote Cinderella so? :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

Why does everyone spread this because ONE fan confused Bombastic Love with Cinderella a few years ago. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

yeah i think yr right, but regardless i still think that it wasnt really suitable for such a urban and mature-sounding album so it was anyways better off in the Crossroad OST :shaktongue_shakira_red:

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, Mariaahfan said:

Crossroads wouldn’t have been an ep. the movie used many songs from other artists like most soundtracks. Here’s all the songs used in the movie.

They should have released the movie April/may when the Britney album was done with singles, let the movie come out promote it for a few weeks then tour 

open your heart (Madonna): Britney covers the song

sucker punch: bowling for soup

My greatest day: bowling for soup

lets get it on: Marvin gay

You and me: bowling for soup

Lipstick and bruises: lit

Rise: the cult

bye, bye, bye: nsync

How I could just kill a man: anti matter

girlfriend: Matthew sweet 

Spread your legs: James andrews

I ran (so far away): Knox Hughes & Sidney james

I Love rock ‘n roll: Britney and taryn manning

shake ya ***: mystikal 

Crazy live: boomkat

man! I feel like a woman: shania twain

Follow the light: travis

Unforgetful you: jars of clay

Not a girl: britney

if it makes you happy: Sheryl crow

Overprotected: Britney

Oop! snapped but i will take some of the main and relevant covers and put them in the OST :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

2 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Agreed but if Overprotected can fit in, so can Cinderella, at least as a bonus track. :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

But overprotected is like so mature and still has the urban feel even though it is a euro-dance song, so i see why it would make the cut but i think cinderella as a bonus track would have worked :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

But overprotected is like so mature and still has the urban feel even though it is a euro-dance song, so i see why it would make the cut but i think cinderella as a bonus track would have worked :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

They're both mature, I think the Cinderella analogy just makes it sound immature. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Overprotected seems "urban" because of the music video. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Okay, settled. Works for me. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Love 1
  • 1 year later...
On 1/4/2021 at 9:08 AM, Mariaahfan said:

My favourite nikka song. I’ve talked to her and even bought her record everybody got their something from discogs as a result of this movie

love her

She toured w Britney for a leg of the dream within a dream tour, right? @GODNA IS A QUEEN I tried asking nikka if she has any footage and she doesn’t. Summer of 2002 was so much fun. 

• Haha 1