How Would The "Crossroads" Soundtrack And Era Been Like?

Hi again :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello:

Spoiler

Youre wearing your mask and practicing social distancing? :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad:

So I wanted to bring up this topic about Britneys career in the early 00s. As all the stans know, Jive had initially planned for Britney's first movie where she stars as the lead role "Crossroads" to have a soundtrack to accompany it like any other 85% movie does. However, the plan was then scrapped due to them worrying whether it would overshadow Britney's third studio album "Britney", as the label was already worried about Britney's (album) mediocre success in America (Even though "Britney" was as commercially strong as her previous efforts internationally) after the release of two diamond albums. However, this became a big bump for the Britney album, as the songs meant for Crossroads were shifted to the tracklist of Britney, which had cause in-cohesion in the quality of the music and was overall very weird to hear in a transitional record.

So lets imagine that Jive DID proceed with this concept and that they released it in the proper time and year where "Britney" would not be "overshadowed" by Crossroads possible "success". How would they concept and track list been like for the EP?

Honestly for me, I think as a listening experience, Britney would be for sure more cohesive and mature-sounding without having a sudden 180 degree move to the teen-pop music that made Britney prevail with in the late 90s, and this way it would leave place for unreleased tracks (such as "She'll Never Be Me") to be added to the track list! :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

For me, i think the track list of the Crossroads Soundtrack would be like:

1. open your heart (Madonna) cover)
  2. Rise (cult) (cover)
  3. bye, bye, bye (nsync)
  4. girlfriend: Matthew sweet 
  5. Spread your legs: James andrews
  6. I ran (so far away): Knox Hughes & Sidney james
  7. Man! I feel like a woman: shania twain
  8. I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Women
  9. I Love Rock N' Roll
  10. Overprotected (dark-child remix)
  11. Cinderella
  12. Bombastic Love
  13. (Remix of Rock N' Roll)
  14. (Remix of Bombastic Love)

As we all obviously know, INAGNYAW and ILRNR were supposed to be put for the Crossroads soundtrack. I think adding the Overprotected (Dark Child Remix) would be a really faded idea since I want to keep the original version for the Britney album (:selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:) but it would be a cool way for fans and GP to access this masterpiece of a remix :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger: Some of you all might not know, but Britney has always had a dislike for Bombastic Love and Cinderella and it had to take a lot of convincing and struggling to pursue Britney to allow those two tracks to enter the track list of Britney as she had creative control with this record. However, the problem is that these two songs are of very outdated and teen-pop (a genre that declined by mid-2001) and basically disrupted the very mature, eerie, cohesive and urban nature of this album :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: So i thought that it would be better for those two songs to be put in the track list since they are still good songs :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

I think I would give all the tracks a visual treat, with high-production sets to help promote the soundtrack and even movie furthermore :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses: Even some promotion since they have potential of being hit songs :neydedance_purple: I think now whereas for the soundtracks commercial performance, i think since the movie was already a success by its own, the soundtrack could have been big as well. I do not know if it would be as monumental as the A Star Is Born soundtrack , but since it has Britney's name attached to it and she was the deal back then, it would be quite successful by its own right and probably sell 5+ million copies:rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud:

I also created a cute cover for the soundtrack so i hope you guys like it :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward::

slBJ03B.png

So what do you guys think? agree? share your own track list for the Crossroads soundtrack and how you would have managed it! lemme know :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:   

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

Surprisingly, :new_york_breathless_uncannyxman: Team B made a good choice. The Britney album was released in November 2001 and the film premiered in February of 2002. That’s only 3 months and soundtracks release sooner so let’s say it would have been January 2002. That’s convoluted as ****. They should have focused on her third album and release the film/soundtrack late summer/early fall 2002 or skip the third album. Focus on the film’s soundtrack and gain sells though that. 

Can you imagine Slave being a non-album single? :sickofu_britney_blinking_umm_wtf_confused_annoyed:  I can’t, so I’m glad things went the way they did. Her career was moving very fast. Three albums in 3 years. She should have focused on solely one project at a time if we wanted a special soundtrack with Britney on it. 

:truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
Just now, HIM said:

Team B made a good choice. The Britney album was released in November 2001 and the film premiered in February of 2002. That’s only 3 months and soundtracks release sooner so let’s say it would have been January 2002. That’s convoluted as ****. They should have focused on her third album and release the film/soundtrack late summer/early fall 2002 or skip the third album. Focus on the film’s soundtrack and gain sells though that. 

well thats what i said in my initial post :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: I said lets imagine that they released it around the right time! like the movie in September of 2002 and early of October in November of 2002 :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: Now imagine and tell me how it would have been like :gunriah_mariah_carey:

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

EXACTLY! Especially Am I A Sinner? and Shell never be me :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes: 

What would your tracklist of Crossroads be like? 

1. "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman"

2. "Overprotected"

3. I Love Rock 'N' Roll

4. Bombastic Love

5. Cinderella

6. Overprotected (Dark-Child Remix)

7. I Love Rock 'N' Roll (Karaoke Sing-Along Version) :carpoolney_dance_karaoke_glory_sunglasses_party_raise_roof:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
Just now, Blackout2006 said:

well thats what i said in my initial post :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: I said lets imagine that they released it around the right time! like the movie in September of 2002 and early of October in November of 2002 :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: Now imagine and tell me how it would have been like :gunriah_mariah_carey:

oh my bad :fran_frog_meme_green:

Billboard 200: #1

Lead single: I’m Not A Girl, Not Yet Woman (Billboard Hot 100: #19)

cover songs like: Man I Feel Like A Woman, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Open Your Heart,... other original songs.

Second single: Overprotected (Peaked at #8 on the charts)

US sales: 5x Platinum 

WW sales: 6 or 7 million copies 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, HIM said:

oh my bad :fran_frog_meme_green:

Billboard 200: #1

Lead single: I’m Not A Girl, Not Yet Woman (Billboard Hot 100: #19)

cover songs like: Man I Feel Like A Woman, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Open Your Heart,... other original songs.

Second single: Overprotected (Peaked at #8 on the charts)

US sales: 5x Platinum 

WW sales: 6 or 7 million copies 

Oop, you snapped ezgif-3-974ae22c37e5.gif

Are you talking about the darkchild remix or og tho? 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

Oop, you snapped ezgif-3-974ae22c37e5.gif

Are you talking about the darkchild remix or og tho? 

I don’t think it’s realistic for a remix to be an official second single so Original :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

the remix can be a bonus add on 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Hi again :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello:

Reveal hidden contents

Youre wearing your mask and practicing social distancing? :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad:

So I wanted to bring up this topic about Britneys career in the early 00s. As all the stans know, Jive had initially planned for Britney's first movie where she stars as the lead role "Crossroads" to have a soundtrack to accompany it like any other 85% movie does. However, the plan was then scrapped due to them worrying whether it would overshadow Britney's third studio album "Britney", as the label was already worried about Britney's (album) mediocre success in America (Even though "Britney" was as commercially strong as her previous efforts internationally) after the release of two diamond albums. However, this became a big bump for the Britney album, as the songs meant for Crossroads were shifted to the tracklist of Britney, which had cause in-cohesion in the quality of the music and was overall very weird to hear in a transitional record.

So lets imagine that Jive DID proceed with this concept and that they released it in the proper time and year where "Britney" would not be "overshadowed" by Crossroads possible "success". How would they concept and track list been like for the EP?

Honestly for me, I think as a listening experience, Britney would be for sure more cohesive and mature-sounding without having a sudden 180 degree move to the teen-pop music that made Britney prevail with in the late 90s, and this way it would leave place for unreleased tracks (such as "She'll Never Be Me") to be added to the track list! :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

For me, i think the track list of the Crossroads Soundtrack would be like:

1. I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Women
  2. I Love Rock N' Roll
  3. Overprotected (dark-child remix)
  4. Cinderella
  5. Bombastic Love
  6. (Remix of Rock N' Roll)
  7. (Remix of Bombastic Love

As we all obviously know, INAGNYAW and ILRNR were supposed to be put for the Crossroads soundtrack. I think adding the Overprotected (Dark Child Remix) would be a really faded idea since I want to keep the original version for the Britney album (:selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:) but it would be a cool way for fans and GP to access this masterpiece of a remix :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger: Some of you all might not know, but Britney has always had a dislike for Bombastic Love and Cinderella and it had to take a lot of convincing and struggling to pursue Britney to allow those two tracks to enter the track list of Britney as she had creative control with this record. However, the problem is that these two songs are of very outdated and teen-pop (a genre that declined by mid-2001) and basically disrupted the very mature, eerie, cohesive and urban nature of this album :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: So i thought that it would be better for those two songs to be put in the track list since they are still good songs :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

I think I would give all the tracks a visual treat, with high-production sets to help promote the soundtrack and even movie furthermore :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses: Even some promotion since they have potential of being hit songs :neydedance_purple: I think now whereas for the soundtracks commercial performance, i think since the movie was already a success by its own, the soundtrack could have been big as well. I do not know if it would be as monumental as the A Star Is Born soundtrack , but since it has Britney's name attached to it and she was the deal back then, it would be quite successful by its own right and probably sell 5+ million copies:rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud:

I also created a cute cover for the soundtrack so i hope you guys like it :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward::

slBJ03B.png

So what do you guys think? agree? share your own track list for the Crossroads soundtrack and how you would have managed it! lemme know :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:   

This is a good cover :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Crossroads+%2528Soundtrack%2529+%25281%2

• Love 6
  • Like 1