Director Joseph Kahn states the Toxic music video was Britney’s idea

10 hours ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

You sure? Please elaborate. What’s the definition of treatment compared to concept then, I’m not a native English speaker so I’m somewhat lost on this :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:.

A concept is just an idea or an overall theme. It's something simple that you can pitch between floors during an elevator ride. 

Example: "Britney plays a **** assassin who cons men using different personas that she takes on and off."

A treatment is when you put that concept on paper, and actually flesh out the idea in a descriptive way. There's actual work involved, and a physical product that is developed which can be printed or passed around via email.

What Brian posted was a treatment. He took the concept, and put the work in to build it into a fleshed out idea that could be passed around between multiple people.

It's possible that Britney came up with the concept for Toxic (meaning the Joseph Kahn is telling the truth), and that Brian then wrote a treatment for it which he shared with Britney (meaning that Brian is telling the truth). Britney then could have picked up the phone and had a discussion with Joseph Kahn, verbally telling him what was in Brian's treatment. Joseph could have loved it, took the ideas contained in the treatment, and then scripted it and storyboarded it (meaning that Joseph is again telling the truth).

Basically, everyone is telling the truth.

The only omission from the story is that perhaps Britney wasn't clear with Joseph Kahn that she was reading from Brian's treatment. She didn't give Brian credit because at that point they were still just bouncing ideas between the two of them without settling on a final concept for the video.

• Love 1
  • Like 1