Director Joseph Kahn states the Toxic music video was Britney’s idea

3 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

And I OOP! 

I just don't see why Brian would make all that up though? Maybe he and Britney talked about it prior to her convo with JK? 

Sure Jan GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

He probably wants the attention, since anything with Britney in subjects lines are blowing up on social media. If this was true then why didn't he didn't he say something when he did the choreography on the MTV behind the scenes.

Britney isn't other artists she actually credits people, and sometimes she over credits them and doesnt take credit for herself.

TLDR: Hes has attention seeking issues concerning most things to do with Britney lately. Lets not feed the troll

• Like 2

A choreographer coming up with a detailed video concept while there was a famous, proven director as well as a creative director hired for the video and Britney saying she was giving input really makes little sense.

HOWEVER, to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, I wonder if ideas were just bounced off each other and maybe collectively, they all had input. Like maybe Britney came up with the stewardess idea with the directors and then Brian Friedman decided to take the idea and expand on it in detail? I’m just wondering if there was lack of communication on who came up with what, and ideas got shared without some people getting credit or realizing the someone else came up with that idea. Or maybe Brian bounced idea off of Britney, she liked some of it, came up with her own stuff, and then he expanded on it in detail later?

Idk, the whole situation is weird. Brian taking credit for the video out of nowhere, 17-18 years later, and for what? Attention? I don’t understand people who just do things for attention though. It’s sketch that he seems to not even be trying to be giving Britney any credit too. I can’t see Britney just completely stealing his idea and taking credit for it, Brian working with her again later during FF, and is only just now bringing it up.

• Love 4
  • Like 4

"Had phone call with her where she told me what she wanted. Scripted video off of that. That's all there is to it from my recollection."

Well if the creative direction of Toxic was based on a phone call between Joseph and Britney, then Brian's "written, original, Toxic narrative" was superfluous and definitely not acknowledged as part of anything directive/creative. No contract or paperwork, no rights :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:. Brian lies :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

HOWEVER, to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, I wonder if ideas were just bounced off each other and maybe collectively, they all had input.

that seems to be the most likely. Brian said

Shortly thereafter I received a call from Kevin and Britney saying that they loved what I came up with for the Gotham special and asked me to come up with a concept for the Toxic music video. On the call we agreed about the song having a 60’s espionage feel to it, and with that conversation and their trust I started brainstorming.

so the important thing to know is what did they talk about on that phone call. He may have put things together in that storyline shape, but who knows where each of the ideas about the different outfits / looks and actual things that happen in the video came from. 

After he had that script (believing what he says is true) Britney must have taken that to Joseph Kahn, and that's why Joseph has always believed it was all Britney's idea. 

Brian says he assumed Joseph knew the treatment was his idea "who else's would it be" he wrote. I just find it so strange that during the entire shoot he never ever mentioned to Joseph, that he was the one that came up with the treatment, especially if he was there working along with him, supposedly making sure everything was done as per the script. 

Now, the Making the Video episode came out, and he watched it because he has even uploaded clips of it to his youtube channel, and there have been multiple interviews where Britney says it was her concept and has never credited Brian once. So, why didn't he say anything back then? Why didn't he question Britney about the situation if they were close back then? 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I dont get why Brian is going through such trouble to prove it was his idea. Who cares? It won’t change a thing for him or anyone else. It just feels like a desperate ploy for recognition and attention, there’s nothing else to be gained. I respect him for his vision and talent as a creator and I tend to believe he’s telling the truth, but again...who the fk cares. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

Constantly finding ways to express your bitterness at mods because you received 3 warning points 9 days ago which:

1. didn’t restrict your account in any way
  2. expired 8 days ago

really isn’t doing anything for you :sipney_britney_starbucks_straw_sipping_drinking_spill:

And that negative comment was

1 not needed

2 there's no bitterness

3 second degree hello ?