Little Mix lead race for UK #1 this week with "Sweet Melody"

Slayer

Little Mix currently lead the way in the race to Number 1 on this week’s Official Chart First Look.

Sweet Melody, taken from the girl group’s latest album Confetti, climbs eight places midweek and could give Little Mix their 5th UK Number 1 single on Friday.

If Little Mix maintain their momentum, Sweet Melody would become their first chart topper in more than four years, since 2016’s Shout Out To My Ex, and their first since singer Jesy Nelson’s departure. 

Ed Sheeran’s Afterglow, surprise-released during Christmas week, trails just behind in second place, while New York rapper CJ climbs eleven spots since Friday – Whoopty is on course for a new peak of Number 3.

I hope the girls can hold on and snatch that #1 - It'd be amazing if their last single as a four-piece goes to number one! :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

Current mid-week first look:

01 (09) Little Mix – Sweet Melody  
02 (13) Ed Sheeran – Afterglow
03 (14) CJ – Whoopty 
04 (22) Shane Codd – Get Out My Head
05 (28) Dua Lipa – Levitating
06 (44) The Weeknd – Blinding Lights  
07 (28) Ariana Grande – 34+35
08 (35) Miley Cyrus & Dua Lipa – Prisoner
09 (29) MEDUZA feat. Dermot Kennedy – Paradise
10 (26) The Kid LAROI – WITHOUT YOU 

11 (74) Take McRae – you broke me first
12 (**) Justin Bieber – Anyone  
13 (34) Taylor Swift – willow 
14 (32) KSI feat. Craig David & Digital Farm Animals – Really Love 
15 (43) BTS – Dynamite  
16 (41) Joel Corry & MNEK – Head & Heart 
17 (36) Billie Eilish – Therefore I Am 
18 (36) 24KGoldn feat. iann dior – Mood 
19 (Re) James Arthur – Train Wreck
20 (46) Justin Bieber feat. Chance The Rapper – Holy

Stream and buy on Amazon/Itunes if you're in the UK and also on youtube:

Little-Mix-Lead-Single-Babes-590x370.png.5d18f9b8f31e18757adbe68ae8d7109c.png

• Love 4

So you're telling me that a little guitar song with not even an official video might win over LM with their mega-bop and impeccable s3xy, high energy song/video? If that's the case, I truly believe that our main pop girls should stop working so hard and start gaining respect from critics and the GP in another way.

In this sense, and truly not trying to get too far, I believe that Rihanna is being smarter than everyone here: she'd rather go to a lab every week (or not even, maybe she just gets samples delivered to her house) than doing the most to look, sing and act like a superheroe if then a guy with a white shirt and a beanie (Justin) or another one with a guitar (Shawn, Ed) will steal the spotlight and the praise so easily in a second just like that. Even Mariah, who does it all (well except for dancing) AND writes and even produces her own songs has to constantly be proving herself. This really is a genre issue.

Remember the guy from Billboard who said that women needed to "step up"? What a b1tch... I think it should be the other way around, actually: GUYS need to step up, and girls should chill in the corner, doing the least for the same amount of gains as them.

PS: Ooh and don't even get me started on Doja Cat (and even Megan Thee Stallion; Dua is an understatement at this point), who are KILLING it each single time yet they aren't getting the respect that they deserve.

All this makes me understand Britney's current situation even more, because she worked her *ss off since day one, and at the time she was bullied and mistreated and laughed at. As an adult woman now, I'd rather her getting moderate success doing the bare minimum than working like crazy just to be treated like a newcomer each time.

• Love 4
  • Like 3
10 minutes ago, Isla said:

I'm not a massive LM fan 

ISLA!:gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised: 

I am surprised and appalled!

Spoiler

JK :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Spoiler

kinda :wink_britney_everytime_white:

10 minutes ago, Isla said:

this might just be my favourite single by them. It's a shame this happened after Jesy left.

Honestly it's so good, it'd be amazing if their last single with Jesy goes to number 1 as some sort of 'thank you' to her :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

Plus it'd be amazing for them to get this nearly a decade into their career and hopefully give them incentive to stay together!

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Thecodeman25 said:

Do we think they will record another album? Or just do the tour and go solo?

Honestly they are still doing incredible, especially for a girl group and to be together nearly a decade. They are still getting hits, so I think they’ll atleast do another album as a three piece.

I’d love for them to stay around for aslong as possible (if that’s what they want), they clearly love each other and love what they do.

I think they’ll just have longer breaks between albums and do projects in between! Leigh-Anne’s film is out next Christmas and I think Perrie has her own clothing range/company out soon and I know lots of tv shows want Jade as a Judge on them. I hope they stay together and Jesy comes back in the future..

2 hours ago, Slayer said:

ISLA!:gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised: 

I am surprised and appalled!

Reveal hidden contents

JK :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Reveal hidden contents

kinda :wink_britney_everytime_white:

Honestly it's so good, it'd be amazing if their last single with Jesy goes to number 1 as some sort of 'thank you' to her :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

Plus it'd be amazing for them to get this nearly a decade into their career and hopefully give them incentive to stay together!

Lol sorry! I respect LM but I’ve never been a big fan. But I’ve always quite liked Jesy either way. But yes, a number one 10 years after they first got together on X Factor and as a ‘thank you’ to Jesy would be amazing either way! 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

So you're telling me that a little guitar song with not even an official video might win over LM with their mega-bop and impeccable s3xy, high energy song/video? If that's the case, I truly believe that our main pop girls should stop working so hard and start gaining respect from critics and the GP in another way.

In this sense, and truly not trying to get too far, I believe that Rihanna is being smarter than everyone here: she'd rather go to a lab every week (or not even, maybe she just gets samples delivered to her house) than doing the most to look, sing and act like a superheroe if then a guy with a white shirt and a beanie (Justin) or another one with a guitar (Shawn, Ed) will steal the spotlight and the praise so easily in a second just like that. Even Mariah, who does it all (well except for dancing) AND writes and even produces her own songs has to constantly be proving herself. This really is a genre issue.

Remember the guy from Billboard who said that women needed to "step up"? What a b1tch... I think it should be the other way around, actually: GUYS need to step up, and girls should chill in the corner, doing the least for the same amount of gains as them.

PS: Ooh and don't even get me started on Doja Cat (and even Megan Thee Stallion; Dua is an understatement at this point), who are KILLING it each single time yet they aren't getting the respect that they deserve.

All this makes me understand Britney's current situation even more, because she worked her *ss off since day one, and at the time she was bullied and mistreated and laughed at. As an adult woman now, I'd rather her getting moderate success doing the bare minimum than working like crazy just to be treated like a newcomer each time.

S . N . A . P . P . E . D

:mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block