Choreographer Brian Friedman Shares Original Concept He Wrote For Britney Spears' "Toxic" music video

2021 and still without giving a name and giving accredited Kevin T.

Wade hired Kevin to be the assistant director and then for the Grammys he hired Brian who then hired him to be the assistant choreographer ... when Wade left in 2002 it was Kevin who became the choreographer and director and Brian was still the choreography assistant.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

In the Making the video she says it was her concept, and Joseph said so as well. So who was lied to? :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: It's just so weird, 'cause Brian himself appears there

No es raro...el concepto fue idea suya y Kevin y Brian eran los coreógrafos.

6 hours ago, Lurker93 said:

So, what’s the truth?!

Right. And then there's this:

So, Idk. It's possible that Britney/Kevin Tancharoen thought up the idea and Brian created the concept/wrote the video treatment, but to say that it's all his idea… idk. I guess that's precisely what he's clearing up — that the idea is all his and not Britney's or Britney's and Kevin Kevin Tancharoen's.

I'm not saying that Brian is lying. I do think that based on this sentence in his Facebook post…

"I received a call from Kevin and Britney saying that they loved what I came up with for the Gotham special and asked me to come up with a concept for the Toxic music video. On the call we agreed about the song having a 60’s espionage feel to it, and with that conversation and their trust I started brainstorming."

Britney and Kevin Tancharoen did think up the concept and Brian fleshed it out from there. It's almost semantics at this point.

• Love 6
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, ZoneGirl said:

So, Idk. It's possible that Britney/Kevin Tancharoen thought up the idea and Brian created the concept/wrote the video treatment, but to say that it's all his idea… idk. I guess that's precisely what he's clearing up — that the idea is all his and not Britney's or Britney's and Kevin Kevin Tancharoen's.

I'm not saying that Brian is lying. I do think that based on this sentence in his Facebook post…

"I received a call from Kevin and Britney saying that they loved what I came up with for the Gotham special and asked me to come up with a concept for the Toxic music video. On the call we agreed about the song having a 60’s espionage feel to it, and with that conversation and their trust I started brainstorming."

Britney and Kevin Tancharoen did think up the concept and Brian fleshed it out from there. It's almost semantics at this point.

I totally agree. I think it is a typical process for any music video/advertisement piece. But of course not all videos are as iconic as this one. I don't understand what is the point? Did somebody wrote an article and didn't mention him?

• Like 1

His approach with how this was shared is wrong. It comes off that he is taking away from Britney and calling her a liar. 

He also didn't come up with this himself, he admits he had a lot of help. So what's the point? He should have simply said "I think Britney's fans would love to read the original treatment that the Toxic video was based on. Enjoy!"

Then fans would love him for sharing this document that he has had all along.

• Love 3
  • Like 5
  • Super Mods
4 hours ago, ZoneGirl said:

Is Jeremy Scott throwing tantrums that his flight attendant design is more known as the toxic outfit and people barely know who made it? Like I think he’s making a big fuss over. So he was basically the screen writer but it also takes talent to execute out the concept and bring it to life. Is he mad we aren’t worshiping him?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, jennyj said:

Did anyone else mentally barf at the amount of times the OP called him KING lmao...  :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:

britney spears lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

The only thing mentally vomit-worthy here is that you are taking the time to spread negativity on this post (after telling others to not do the same on previous posts of yours) by reading a fellow Exhaler for speaking highly of another person’s talent by calling him “king” only twice.

If my positivity and choice of language is off-putting to you @jennyj, here’s a suggestion - don’t acknowledge the post and move your unwelcome condescension and “mental barfing” tendencies to a forum where your intolerance will be tolerated.  
:gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

And maybe next time, you can actually contribute to the conversation and comment on the content itself instead of personally attacking the OP, k?

Love Ya Mean Girls GIF by filmeditor

3 minutes ago, reputation said:

Brian’s gonna fume :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

Lolol. I love that Joseph is always so matter of fact & that he’s very in tune to what’s happening in the fan bases. 

brian needs to chill & stop profiting off of her. He’s now supposedly responsible for all her biggest ideas..

pretty sure what happened was that they had a call where they all brainstormed ideas and Brian fleshed them out and wrote them down. Brian needs to also give credit where its due if he says he really enjoys that. 

• Love 1
  • Like 5