Popular or unpopular opinion? Most missed opportunity in Britney career

JP9101

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Glory era. Whether it was her not performing Make Me... at the 2016 BBMAs and doing a medley instead, taking too long for the Make Me... video to be released, releasing the music video they did rather than finishing and releasing the LaChapelle version, the "screenshot" album artwork, the VMA performance that was only 3 minutes long and half of it was a G-Eazy song + badly lip synced + right after a 15 minute Beyonce performance, not doing promo for Slumber Party, not releasing more singles, etc.

Britney seemed the most passionate, open, and happy in Glory than she did in any other era since In the Zone, and all of that was squandered with poor planning, strategy, and decision-making.

5 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

The Glory era. Whether it was her not performing Make Me... at the 2016 BBMAs and doing a medley instead, taking too long for the Make Me... video to be released, releasing the music video they did rather than finishing and releasing the LaChapelle version, the "screenshot" album artwork, the VMA performance that was only 3 minutes long and half of it was a G-Eazy song + badly lip synced + right after a 15 minute Beyonce performance, not doing promo for Slumber Party, not releasing more singles, etc.

Britney seemed the most passionate, open, and happy in Glory than she did in any other era since In the Zone, and all of that was squandered with poor planning, strategy, and decision-making.

Honestly I've seen that VMA performance twice

Once as it was airing (I stayed up all night, I'm from Europe) and once to see if it was really as mediocre as I experienced it

I’ve been a fan since ‘98 so I’ll do one from each era :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

BOMT - Mentioning her virginity. It was no one’s business if she was one, but “men” argue its what made her alluring :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:

OIDIA - What U See (Is What U Get) should have been a fourth single and then DLMBTLTK :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

Britney - The whole Pepsi/radio ban debacle, but she probably made bank anyway :awyeah_britney_yes_yas:

ITZ - Outrageous should not have been a single and BOM should have been. The whole knee accident may have been avoided :wink_britney_everytime_white:

GH/Mixes - Not releasing ATWK as a single WW with a MV :werk_britney_bw_black_white_dance_sexy_flirt_my_prerogative:

BO - Hmmm...my complaint would be that we didn’t get four MV’s but she really wasn’t in the right space:smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking: 

Circus - If Radar had been released as a BO single I think Shattered Glass would have made a great single :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

GH2 - The 3 MV could have been better with some promo. I feel like they did her hair once (bun) with make up and then she took it down and said F it :gelis_britney_candies_flirting_sexy:

FF - Besides the obvious...Inside out should have been a single and that cringe doc should have been scrapped :outwithit_go_on_wave_britney_femme_fatale_ff_documentary:

BJ:embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh: it should have been an EP with 1 or 2 singles. This was clearly done to promote one thing...

Glory: DYWCO should have been a single (not promotional) along with MOTM and LMD :badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

10 hours ago, NotLouTaylor said:

not doing a solo superbowl half-time show during her prime/peak

not releasing get n*ked as a single

not releasing breathe on me as a single

not releasing a music video for TTWE remix feat Nicki & Kesha

not recording milkshake by kelis & pharrell

yes to all except milkshake.. she had slave instead. much better imo. 

56 minutes ago, Goten21 said:

VMA 2004 & 2008

agree. 

2004 with MATM, toxic and breathe on me

2008 with gimme more and piece of me (an adapted version of the circus tour cage thing would have been enough)

Missed Opportunities are these:

1 VMAS 2004 - Got That Boom Boom, Breathe On Me and Toxic

2 The Original Doll (i still wonder what would've happened if she released it and she had freedom to do her choices of her career from 2005 to now and then proceed to release BO in late 2006-early 2007) 

3 the Blackout era - promo performances, Tour, making it A VISUAL ALBUM etc. 

4 NBA All Star Game Halftime Show 2009 performance - it would've been great promo for Circus and as a preview for the upcoming tour at the time

5 Blackout 2.0 in 2013

6 Super Bowl Halftime performance 2016 (and they got Coldplay instead 🙄

7 WUSIWYG, Cinderella, Lonely, Anticipating, Bombastic Love, Intimidated, She'll Never Be Me, Boom Boom, Breathe On Me, Get Back, Get Naked, Toy Soldier, Hot As Ice, Kill The Lights, Unusual You, Lace And Leather, Up N Down, Inside Out, Gasoline, HATLM, Alien, CYM, DYWCO all as singles

8 What's Like To Be Me (feat. MJ) video and dance off at the end 

9 Boys (feat. Janet) 

10 Break The Ice video being Stronger 2.0

11 Femme Fatale performance at Studio Coast Tokyo 

12 VMAS 2008 - Piece Of Me and Break The Ice 

13 Step Up 2006 cameo

14 High School Musical 2007 cameo with Xtina too

15 Blackout re-release with Candy From Stranger as the new lead single in late 2007

16 VMAS 2007 with Gimme More, Toy Soldier, Get Back 

Archived