Popular or unpopular opinion? Most missed opportunity in Britney career

JP9101

3 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Ugh i hate that :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

It was so low and unclassy of her team to use a different singer for FF and MMJ for Britney :anxiety_pill_struggle_panic_ahh_bottle_Wendy_williams_shake_shaking:

I think that's what made it qualify for a bonus track on the album.

The thing is if they're going to do that I would be much more comfortable with them giving that other artist a feature. Kinda like Charli XCX sings choruses on Fancy or whatever. 

Or throw in some melodyne on there on Britney's vocals. I know they do it for "stylistic" effect. And HATLM is a good song. But its just a gripe I have. Its something Britney fans have to come to terms with I guess.

But how can they expect us to when we know she is capable of delivering flawless bg vocals of her own. Glory is a great example of this.

• Love 1

Not doing a 1938 The War of the Worlds style single release for Kill the Lights:

Kill the Lights should have been the third single from Circus with a very unique radio release. During the day of its release, out of nowhere all pop radio stations (as privately planned beforehand) cut out, and then you hear the song begin with Danja's announcement. People would genuinely believe that an important announcement was being made, and then out of nowhere they hear the song play. I mean, it would have been insane to do this, but iconic.

• Love 7
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, JP9101 said:

Up n down as the fourth single of femme fatale. It would have destroyed the charts everywhere. What the f u iiii ck team b was thinking  :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

Unfortunately that was the fans fault lol, there was a poll as what the fourth single should be and everyone picked Criminal.

I was not to blame tho cause I didn’t know there was a poll and didn’t vote :)  Also I was too young at the time to know what was going on lol

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, NotLouTaylor said:

not doing a solo superbowl half-time show during her prime/peak

not releasing get n*ked as a single

not releasing breathe on me as a single

not releasing a music video for TTWE remix feat Nicki & Kesha

not recording milkshake by kelis & pharrell

all of these, plus not doing a real video for BTI.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, NotLouTaylor said:

not doing a solo superbowl half-time show during her prime/peak

not releasing get n*ked as a single

not releasing breathe on me as a single

not releasing a music video for TTWE remix feat Nicki & Kesha

not recording milkshake by kelis & pharrell

YES

YES

YES

maybe

interesting :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
26 minutes ago, SpaceFunk said:

Please excuse my ignorance if this is a dumb question but what difference does it make whether or not a certain song is released as a single if anyone can listen to it at their leisure? 

it's just a way to promote a song further, and thus, the album by consequence. It's usually sent to most radio stations, it would usually get a music video which makes people interested in watching it, they have something to replay. It will usually in most cases get a cover artwork, which is just something new that lures people into buying / stream it because most people like new, shiny things. This is not always the case, for example, Slumber Party wasn't really released as a single for individual purchase, they just replaced the album track with Tinashe's version, thus, the general public didn't really know about its existence until the video was released, and still didn't go further than that.

Thing is, you're right, in the digital era everyone is able to listen to whatever they want, and that's the problem. You only get to listen to whatever you already know and like, unlike in the past when we were forced to watch every other artist on MTV or listen to any other artist on the radio besides our faves. So if someone is already ignoring Britney, as many people already are, how come will they ever find those hidden gems scattered throughout her discography. Chances are, they never will :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

For example, someone might have heard Make Me... and be like "meh" and just because of that, they never bothered to find Britney's latest album, and then they missed on every other Glory track, most of which are completely different than that lead single. A single, in theory, will have more chances of reaching to more audiences that haven't already purchased the album, besides the fact of course, of letting them know the song itself. At least in the past, releasing a song as a single would imply having a physical or digital release (with a single cover), sending it to radio stations, usually we would get several remixes for it, it would get a music video, live promo performances, it might be included on the tour setlist and perhaps future tours as well, it has more chances of charting for those that care, and all of that would make fans happy :)

However, at least in Britney's case, all of that started to not be true in the latest part of her career: singles without video or live performances, videos without a single, singles not included in tours, radios refusing to play her songs, etc.

But at least in FF's case, back in 2011, Up 'n Down as a fourth single would've been a treat for the fans more than anything. If it became a hit, it would've most likely extended the era, probably into 2012, giving us higher chances of a fifth single: another video, more live performances, more remixes, etc. The beginning of FF wasn't that great in terms of visuals, but towards the end of the year she was looking great, more alive, so it would've been awesome to have more of that.

• Love 2

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Vote at Exhale's Top 20 Week 25 here