Jump to content

Toxic almost didn't make the cut for In the Zone – Bloodshy & Avant interview (2009)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s one of her most important singles to her career if not tied with baby. Kinda insane

To think this song almost didn’t make the album is crazy. It’s bad enough Jive never considered it as a single.

That would've been a hate crime against the gay community. 

10 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

No offense but I felt like if pushed for a single release If I’m Dancing could’ve been Toxic 2.0. A very strange song that isnt at all cohesive with the rest of the album and doesn’t really fit in with any pop music trends.

if I'm dancing was already taking off with memes... it would have smashed.

 

sonically toxic 2 for me is DYWCO though. the guitar synths and the build up are very similar.  

 

  • Love 1
Link to post
4 hours ago, ColdAsFire89 said:

if I'm dancing was already taking off with memes... it would have smashed.

 

sonically toxic 2 for me is DYWCO though. the guitar synths and the build up are very similar.  

 

I always said it should have been pushed for more and with a killer video it would have went far. It was picked up on early and it’s a great catchy song. Sad to think MM was chosen instead....

Link to post
2 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

I always said it should have been pushed for more and with a killer video it would have went far. It was picked up on early and it’s a great catchy song. Sad to think MM was chosen instead....

which are you referring to now? :) 

 

I had an amazing video idea for DYWCO. It would have been her thriller (not sales wise obvs)

 

I don't like if my old threads are still there... knowing exhale probably not:ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

 

Link to post
17 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

No offense but I felt like if pushed for a single release If I’m Dancing could’ve been Toxic 2.0. A very strange song that isnt at all cohesive with the rest of the album and doesn’t really fit in with any pop music trends.

I agree. I think if they made the buzzy thing a bit more theatrical it quite literally would be toxic 2.0. 

Link to post
On 1/2/2021 at 7:51 PM, Fab britney said:

It’s one of her most important singles to her career if not tied with baby. Kinda insane

It changed the pop landscape. Dance pop wouldn't have been a thing without it.

  • Love 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, PickleSpears said:

Honestly when In The Zone first came out, Toxic was my least favorite song. My friend and I didn't like it. I was so pissed it was the 2nd single lol. Obviously it turned out to be a hit and over the years I've grown to love it.

It was an instant favorite for me when I first saw the music video on MTV. :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

  • Love 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, Body ache said:

Imagine an album full of Toxic and Over To You Now :melt_weird_drift_wow:

That would be a serve :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

I was more entertaining the possibility of Toxic being on Original Doll... which we never got. Aka we never heard Toxic :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

  • Like 1
Link to post

Toxic and Breathe on Me are the true highlights of ITZ, I cant imagine the album without Toxic that’s crazy, the strongest single after Baby One More Time, stills sounds incredibly fresh until present.

Glad it made the cut, Bloodshy&Avant creates Britney’s ultimate sound for the rest of her legacy. Without Toxic there wouldn’t be the Blackout everybody loves. Imagine the way Toxic influenced the pop industry, it opened the electronic era for Pop music like nobody ever did.

forever an B&A+Britney fan.

 

 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block