Toxic almost didn't make the cut for In the Zone – Bloodshy & Avant interview (2009)

PlayboyMommy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

No offense but I felt like if pushed for a single release If I’m Dancing could’ve been Toxic 2.0. A very strange song that isnt at all cohesive with the rest of the album and doesn’t really fit in with any pop music trends.

if I'm dancing was already taking off with memes... it would have smashed.

sonically toxic 2 for me is DYWCO though. the guitar synths and the build up are very similar.  

4 hours ago, ColdAsFire89 said:

if I'm dancing was already taking off with memes... it would have smashed.

sonically toxic 2 for me is DYWCO though. the guitar synths and the build up are very similar.  

I always said it should have been pushed for more and with a killer video it would have went far. It was picked up on early and it’s a great catchy song. Sad to think MM was chosen instead....

2 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

I always said it should have been pushed for more and with a killer video it would have went far. It was picked up on early and it’s a great catchy song. Sad to think MM was chosen instead....

which are you referring to now? :) 

I had an amazing video idea for DYWCO. It would have been her thriller (not sales wise obvs)

I don't like if my old threads are still there... knowing exhale probably not:ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

17 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

No offense but I felt like if pushed for a single release If I’m Dancing could’ve been Toxic 2.0. A very strange song that isnt at all cohesive with the rest of the album and doesn’t really fit in with any pop music trends.

I agree. I think if they made the buzzy thing a bit more theatrical it quite literally would be toxic 2.0. 

1 hour ago, PickleSpears said:

Honestly when In The Zone first came out, Toxic was my least favorite song. My friend and I didn't like it. I was so pissed it was the 2nd single lol. Obviously it turned out to be a hit and over the years I've grown to love it.

It was an instant favorite for me when I first saw the music video on MTV. :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Toxic and Breathe on Me are the true highlights of ITZ, I cant imagine the album without Toxic that’s crazy, the strongest single after Baby One More Time, stills sounds incredibly fresh until present.

Glad it made the cut, Bloodshy&Avant creates Britney’s ultimate sound for the rest of her legacy. Without Toxic there wouldn’t be the Blackout everybody loves. Imagine the way Toxic influenced the pop industry, it opened the electronic era for Pop music like nobody ever did.

forever an B&A+Britney fan.

Archived