Chronological Timeline of Britney Spears' Conservatorship : A Research Thread

Just curious, this states that the SJB trust was made in 2004. I have to question that because isn't that the trust set up for her kids? Does it not stand for Sean, Jayden, Britney ? They were not born untill well after this time.  Was the trust created then but named something else? I just cant believe the trust was created in 2004 before the boys were born? Can someone explain this to me? 

• Super Mods
14 minutes ago, bseghesio said:

Just curious, this states that the SJB trust was made in 2004. I have to question that because isn't that the trust set up for her kids? Does it not stand for Sean, Jayden, Britney ? They were not born untill well after this time.  Was the trust created then but named something else? I just cant believe the trust was created in 2004 before the boys were born? Can someone explain this to me? 

doesn't it stand for Spears Jean Britney?

• Like 1

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Vote at Exhale's Top 20 Week 36 here

4 minutes ago, bseghesio said:

I dont know! If it does , maybe. I thought it stood for her kids and that is why jamie lynn was involved in the trsut. I could be totally wrong to. just wondering ?!

Great question! There are two trusts as far as we know: (1) SJB Trust; (2) BJS Kids and Family Trust.
SJB Trust was established in 2004 (I assume it means Spears Jean Britney). This is a revocable trust that Britney established to protect her money.

The BJS Kids and Family Trust is a Separate  trust that the CONs established—it is an irrevocable trust that IMO served the CON’s interest, not Britney’s.

• Love 2

Adding additional sources to the timeline:

Mar. 7, 2007 - Around this time, Britney's assistant Kalie Machado claims that she received a call  “at a restricted number” from Sam Lutfi. He said, "he was a private eye for Kevin and that Kevin had screwed him, so he was willing to hand over all this confidential information on Britney." Lutfi insisted they meet, says Machado, who reluctantly agreed to see him at a Santa Monica Starbucks. "He started telling me all these things," she says. "He said there was a search warrant to search Spears' Malibu house for drugs, and 'I know there's a tap on your phone, and I know you're being followed.'" But for someone who claimed to know so much, says Machado, "he was asking weird questions, like 'what do you guys do during the day? Where do you go?' I was like, what a freak, so I just ended up leaving." Then, “I got more calls from Sam after that,” she remembers, “but I just ignored them.”

Source: O'Leary, Kevin. "Controlled By A Creep,"US Weekly, Issue 670, December 17, 2007, p. 60-63, Accessed March 17, 2022 from https://www.proquest.com/docview/236555612

Apr. 6, 2007 - Britney is reported to "hate" Larry Rudolph, but is said to be locked into a new five-year contract with him.

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20070408095421/https://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,264481,00.html

Nov. 30, 2007 - Sam Lutfi fails to show for a scheduled deposition in the custody case. It is rescheduled for January 2008.

Source: O'Leary, Kevin. "Controlled By A Creep,"US Weekly, Issue 670, December 17, 2007, p. 60-63, Accessed March 17, 2022 from https://www.proquest.com/docview/236555612

#LutfiBSS #BritneySuperSleuths

NOTE: Entered into "Sources."

May 9, 2008 - In the WEG vs. Britney Spears civil lawsuit, a trial date is set for March 9, 2010.

Source: Case Management Order, Wright Entertainment Group, LLC, et al vs. Britney Spears, et al, Orange County Florida, Circuit Case No. 48-2007-CA-014233, March 9, 2008 (Case No. 07-CA-014233)

July 1, 2019 - Lou M. Taylor files a lawsuit against Britney fan Bryan S. Kuchar for creating loutaylor.com, and a second site, loumtaylor.net. (Case No. 1:19-cv-03028-MLB)

Source: Document 1, Taylor vs. Kuchar, The United States District Court For The Northern District of Georgia Atlanta Division, February 6, 2020 (Case No. 1:19-cv-03028-MLB)

Feb. 24, 2020 - Lou M. Taylor is scheduled to be deposed in Atlanta in her lawsuit against Britney fan Bryan Kuchar.

Source: Document 29, Taylor vs. Kuchar, The United States District Court For The Northern District of Georgia Atlanta Division, February 6, 2020 (Case No. 1:19-cv-03028-MLB)

Mar. 5, 2020 - A confidential settlement is reached in the civil lawsuit between Lou M. Taylor and Bryan S. Kuchar.

Source: Source: Document 30, Taylor vs. Kuchar, The United States District Court For The Northern District of Georgia Atlanta Division, March 5, 2020 (Case No. 1:19-cv-03028-MLB)

#WEGBSS #TriStarBSS #KucharBSS #BritneySuperSleuths

Aug. 2011 - Katerina Perreault, an associate at the firm of Hinojosa & Wallet, leaves after working for Andrew Wallet since April 2007.

Source: https://exhale.breatheheavy.com/forums/topic/793371-katerina-perreault-worked-at-wallets-office-shared-email-exchange-with-ingham/ [See embedded images.]

July 21, 2020 - Jeryll S. Cohen e-mails court-appointed attorney Samuel Ingham to state that the initial contract with Tri Star is not available because documents dating back to the early years of the conservatorship have not been digitised.

Source: https://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/343062-former-employee-of-jamie-spearss-lawyer-is-willing-to-testify-under-oath/

Sept. 15, 2020 - Katerina Perreault, a practicing attorney and former employee of Hinojosa & Wallet, files a declaration stating she has first-hand knowledge that documents dating as far back as 2009 were digitised and uploaded to the firm's server.

Source: https://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/343062-former-employee-of-jamie-spearss-lawyer-is-willing-to-testify-under-oath/

Oct. 30, 2020 - Katerina Perreault e-mails court-appointed attorney Samuel Ingham to request that he ask Tri Star employees to stop stalking her, including an incident at a car wash, and following her to the dog park.

Source: https://twitter.com/law_kati/status/1411024276732334084

Source: https://exhale.breatheheavy.com/forums/topic/793371-katerina-perreault-worked-at-wallets-office-shared-email-exchange-with-ingham/ [See embedded images.]

Oct. 31, 2020 - Katerina Perreault sends a "cease and desist" letter to Lou M. Taylor at Tri Star formally requesting that Tri Star employees stop stalking her, including waiting outside her house, and following her on hikes and to the dog park.

Source: https://twitter.com/law_kati/status/1411024276732334084

Sept. 29, 2021 - Andrew Wallet voluntarily resigns from the State Bar of California. He is no longer eligible to practice law in the state.

Source: https://apps.calbar.ca.gov/attorney/Licensee/Detail/93043

#TriStarBSS #BritneySuperSleuths

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

July 21, 2020 - Jeryll S. Cohen e-mails court-appointed attorney Samuel Ingham to state that the initial contract with Tri-Star is not available because documents dating back to the early years of the conservatorship have not been digitized.

Sept. 15, 2020 - Katerina Perreault, a practicing attorney and former employee of Hinojosa & Wallet, files a declaration stating she had first-hand knowledge that documents dating as far back as 2009 had been digitized and uploaded to the firm's server.

Oct. 30, 2020 - Katerina Perreault e-mails court-appointed attorney Samuel Ingham to request that he ask Tri-Star employees to stop stalking her, including an incident at a car wash, and following her to the dog park.

This is interesting... I imagine Katerina will be (or has been) of help to Rosengart. I'm very curious about that contract, looks like it will be very damaging for Lou&co., if they are claiming they simply don't have it.

Also, from what the new york times reported about employees being scared to talk, to these stalking allegations, the silencing tactics at that company are scary.

July 5, 2021 - Deadline reports that Larry Rudolph has resigned as Britney's manager via a letter to James Spears and Jodi Montgomery. "Earlier today, I became aware that Britney had been voicing her intention to officially retire. As you know, I have never been a part of the conservatorship nor its operations, so I am not privy to many of these details."

Source: https://deadline.com/2021/07/britney-spears-manager-resigns-singer-retirement-rumors-freebritney-conservatorship-1234786585/

#LarryBSS #BritneySuperSleuths

Dec. 14, 2006 - Richard Feldstein, a trustee of the Love Shack Trust, assists in the purchase of a house located at 12094 Summit Circle in Beverly Hills.

Source: Grant Deed, Lot 40 of Tract No. 29033 in the City of Los Angeles, December 14, 2006

Aug. 27, 2007 - Richard Feldstein and Todd E. Gelfand, trustees of the Love Shack Trust, assist in the sale of Britney and Kevin's former home at 3200 Retreat Crt. in Malibu.

Source: Notice of Pendency of Action, Superior Court of the State of California for the County of Los Angeles (West District), August 27, 2007 (Case No. SC 095067)

Apr. 24, 2012 - James Spears, acting as co-trustee of the Love Shack Trust, assists in the sale of Britney's home at 12094 Summit Circle in Beverly Hills.

Source: Grant Deed, Lot 40 of Tract No. 29033 in the City of Los Angeles, April 24, 2012.

#LoveShackBSS #BritneySuperSleuths

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Oct. 15, 1998 - Britney Spears registers Britney Touring, Inc. in the state of Louisiana through business manager Stacy Smith of Stacy Smith & Associates, 1503 Colley Avenue, Norfolk, VA, 23517, using the Corporation Service Company, 1201 Hays Street, Tallahassee, Florida, 32301-2525. (Company No.: 34698963D)

Source: Exhibit A, "Application By Foreign Corporation For Authorization To Transact Business in Florida," Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, December 18, 2007. (Case No.: 48-2007-CA-014233-O Div. 32)

Jan. 12, 1999 - Britney Spears releases her first studio album, "Baby, One More Time," through Jive Records and the Zomba Recording Group.

Source: "Baby, One More Time (album)," Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...Baby_One_More_Time_(album)

Jan. 1999 - After consulting with her New York-based attorney Larry Rudolph, Britney Spears enters into a Personal Management Agreement with Johnny Wright. Both James Spears and Lynne Spears sign as her legal guardians.

Source: Complaint, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, October 27, 2007, Page 3 and Exhibit A. (Case No.: 48-2007-CA-014233-O Div. 32)

Mar. 18, 1999 - Britney Spears forms Britney Brands, Inc.

Source: Complaint, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, October 27, 2007, Page 3. (Case No.: 48-2007-CA-014233-O Div. 32)

Mar. 18, 1999 - Britney Spears forms Britney Brands, Inc.

Source: Complaint, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, October 27, 2007, Page 3. (Case No.: 48-2007-CA-014233-O Div. 32)

Mar. 20, 2000 - Forbes estimates Britney’s earnings for the previous year were $15-million.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/forbes/2000/0320/6507162a.html?sh=1be8c9121391

Apr. 14, 2000 - Johnny Wright negotiates an amendment to Britney's recording agreement with Zomba, providing for additional advances and increased royalties.

Source: Complaint, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, October 27, 2007, Page 6. (Case No.: 48-2007-CA-014233-O Div. 32)

Apr. 17, 2000 - Britney Spears forms Britney Films, Ltd.

May 3, 2000 - Britney Spears releases her second studio album, "Oops!...I Did It Again," through Jive Records and the Zomba Recording Group.

Source: "Oops!...I Did It Again" (album), Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oops!..._I_Did_It_Again_(album)

Sept. 12, 2000 - Britney Spears forms Britney Television, LLC.

Sept. 19, 2000 - Upon reaching the age of majority, Britney Spears ratifies an amendment to her Personal Management Agreement with Johnny Wright. The contract is for one year, with annual renewals.

Source: Complaint, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, October 27, 2007, Page 3 and Exhibit B. (Case No.: 48-2007-CA-014233-O Div. 32)

Feb. 21, 2001 - After consulting with her attorney, Larry Rudolph, Britney Spears signs an amendment to her Personal Management Agreement with Johnny Wright, extending the agreement to provide a termination date of February 20, 2003, and a "sunset"on payment of commissions to February 20, 2008.

Source: Complaint, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, October 27, 2007, Page 5 and Exhibit C. (Case No.: 48-2007-CA-014233-O Div. 32)

June 6, 2001 - Britney Spears' manager, Johnny Wright, forms Wright Entertainment Group, LLC.

Source: Complaint, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, October 27, 2007, Page 2. (Case No.: 48-2007-CA-014233-O Div. 32)

July 26, 2001 - Britney's business manager, Pat Marchese of Padell, Nadell, Fine & Weinberger, LLC, receives an email from Dave Pierfy of Wright Entertainment Group, LLC, requesting that all cheques be made payable to the newly formed Wright Entertainment Group, LLC, instead of Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. Ms. Marchese complies, sending all subsequent cheques to the new company.

Source: Email, David Pierfy to Pat Marchese, "Wright Entertainment Group commission checks," July 26, 2001, Affidavit of David Pierfy, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, April 10, 2008, Pages 1 and 2. (Case No.: 48-2007-CA-014233-O Div. 32)

Oct. 5, 2001 - Britney Spears forms the Britney Spears Foundation.

Source: Complaint, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, October 27, 2007, Page 3.

Oct. 18, 2001 - Britney Spears forms Britney On-Line, Inc.

Source: Complaint, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, October 27, 2007, Page 3.

Oct. 31, 2001 - Britney Spears releases her third studio album, "Britney," through Jive Records and the Zomba Recording Group.

Source: "Britney" (album), Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britney_(album)

Dec. 4, 2001 - Britney's business manager Bert Padell of Padell, Nadel, Fine & Weinberger, LLC, mails a commission check from Britney Touring, Inc. to Wright Entertainment Group, LLC. The check arrives via PNFW, 156 West 56th Street, New York, NY, 10019. 

Source: Defendant's Answers To Plaintiff's First Set of Interrogatories, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, Complex Business Litigation Court, May 8, 2008, Page 6. (Case No.: 48-2007-CA-014233-O Div. 32)

Source: Affidavit of David Pierfy, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, April 10, 2008, Pages 1 and 2. (Case No.: 48-2007-CA-014233-O Div. 32)

Aug. 19, 2002 - Britney's business manager, Bert Paddell of Padell, Nadel, Fine & Weinberger, LLC, mails a commission check from Britney Brands, Inc. to Wright Entertainment Group, LLC. The check arrives via PNFW, 156 West 56th Street, New York, NY, 10019.

Source: Defendant's Answers To Plaintiff's First Set of Interrogatories, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, Complex Business Litigation Court, May 8, 2008, Page 6. (Case No.: 48-2007-CA-014233-O Div. 32)

Source: Affidavit of David Pierfy, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, April 10, 2008, Pages 1 and 2. (Case No.: 48-2007-CA-014233-O Div. 32)

Aug. 27, 2002 - Britney Spears forms Britney Management Corporation.

Feb. 20, 2003 - Britney Spears' Personal Management Agreement with Johnny Wright comes to its scheduled conclusion.

Source: Complaint, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, October 27, 2007, Page 5 and Exhibit C.

Aug. 6, 2003 - Britney's business manager Stacy Smith mails a commission check from Britney Brands, Inc. to Wright Entertainment Group, LLC. The check arrives via Stacy Smith & Associates, 1503 Colley Avenue, Norfolk, VA, 23517.

Nov. 12, 2003 - Britney releases her fourth album, "In The Zone," through Jive Records and the Zomba Recording Group.

Source: "In The Zone," Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Zone

Nov. 9, 2004 - Britney releases her fifth album, "Greatest Hits: My Prerogative," through Jive Records and the Zomba Recording Group.

Source: Complaint, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, October 27, 2007, Page 6.

#WEGBSS #BritneySuperSleuths

Edited by Steel Magnolia
Adding new details + links to sources.
  • Love 1
Posted (edited)

Sept. 16, 2005 - Britney Touring, LLC, is registered as a "foreign profit" corporation at 1201 Hays Street, Tallahassee, Florida, 32301-2525, is marked as "Inactive" and "Revoked for Annual Report." The company's last event occurs on February 26, 2004, and its principal contact is Stacy Smith & Associates, 1503 Colley Avenue, Norfolk, VA, 23517. (Company No.: F04000001093)

Source: Exhibit A, "Application By Foreign Corporation For Authorization To Transact Business in Florida," Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, December 18, 2007. (Case No.: 48-2007-CA-014233-O Div. 32)

Source: https://opengovus.com/florida-corporation/F04000001093

Source: https://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResults/EntityName/"Britney Touring"/Page1?searchNameOrder=BRITNEYTOURING

Dec. 26, 2006 - Britney's business manager, Pat Marchese of RHF Management Group, LLC, makes a final payment of $58,301.00 on "2004 commissions" to Wright Entertainment Group (WEG). The cheque is issued by the SJB Revocable Trust c/o RHF Management Services, LLC, located at 10100 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 1300, Los Angeles, CA 90067.

Source: Affidavit of David Pierfy, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, April 10, 2008, Pages 1 and 2. (Case No.: 48-2007-CA-014233-O Div. 32)

Oct. 27, 2007 - Wright Entertainment Group (WEG), owned by ex-manager Johnny Wright, sues Britney for unpaid commissions. WEG managed Britney until February 2003, but under a "sunset clause" was contracted to receive commissions until February 2008 for deals negotiated on her behalf. Now WEG claims that Britney stopped paying in December 2006. WEG claims Britney has not accounted for or paid commissions for Zomba advances on LP's 3 and 4 ("In The Zone" and "Greatest Hits"), among other claims against "Britney Touring, Inc" (BTI). Also, "Upon information and belief, SPEARS and BTI concealed from WEG a series of negotiations and agreements for otherwise commissionable Gross Receipts payable to WEG, thus diverting those commissions to SPEARS directly or indirectly, or to corporate entities without the knowledge, consent, or agreement of WEG, both before and after the termination Agreement."

Source: Complaint, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, October 27, 2007, Page 9.

Feb. 20, 2008 - Britney's management agreement with Johnny Wright for a "sunset" on payment of commissions comes to its scheduled end.

Source: Complaint, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, October 27, 2007, Page 5 and Exhibit C.

#WEGBSS #BritneyTouringBSS #BritneySuperSleuths

Edited by Steel Magnolia
  • Love 1
  • Exhale+
7 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Sept. 16, 2005 - Britney Touring, LLC, registered at 1201 Hays Street, Tallahassee, Florida, 32301-2525, is marked as "Inactive" and "Revoked for Annual Report." It's last event occurs on February 26, 2004, and its principal contact is Stacy Smith & Associates, 1503 Colley Avenue, Norfolk, VA, 23517.

Dec. 26, 2006 - Britney's business manager, Pat Marchese of RHF Management Group, LLC, makes a final payment of $58,301.00 on "2004 commissions" to Wright Entertainment Group (WEG). The cheque is issued by the SJB Revocable Trust c/o RHF Management Services, LLC, located at 10100 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 1300, Los Angeles, CA 90067.

Source: Source: Affidavit of David Pierfy, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, April 10, 2008, Pages 1 and 2. (Case No.: 48-2007-CA-014233-O Div. 32)

Oct. 27, 2007 - Wright Entertainment Group (WEG), owned by ex-manager Johnny Wright, sues Britney for unpaid commissions. WEG managed Britney until February 2003, but under a "sunset clause" was contracted to receive commissions until February 2008 for deals negotiated on her behalf. Now WEG claims that Britney stopped paying in December 2006. WEG claims Britney has not accounted for or paid commissions for Zomba advances on LP's 3 and 4 ("In The Zone" and "Greatest Hits"), among other claims against "Britney Touring, Inc" (BTI). Also, "Upon information and belief, SPEARS and BTI concealed from WEG a series of negotiations and agreements for otherwise commissionable Gross Receipts payable to WEG, thus diverting those commissions to SPEARS directly or indirectly, or to corporate entities without the knowledge, consent, or agreement of WEG, both before and after the termination Agreement."

Source: Source: Complaint, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, October 27, 2007, Page 9.

Feb. 20, 2008 - Britney's management agreement with Johnny Wright for a "sunset" on payment of commissions comes to its scheduled end.

Source: Source: Complaint, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, October 27, 2007, Page 5 and Exhibit C.

This has probably been discussed at length, but I couldn't find the right thread.  I was looking through the docs from the WEG lawsuit since the Orange county circuit court is kind enough to provide free access to the case.  Obviously, the timing of the suit is a little sus - it just so happens to coincide with the custody case stripping Brit of custody in October 2007.  What I found interesting was the mention of the capacity declaration in an April 2008 doc.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fwYh8TVfu9GzGwFB3mAXeSdoinilDYtL/view?usp=sharing

Paragraphs 20-23

20. The gravamen of Defendants' Motion is SPEARS' incapacity, yet they present no competent evidence that Defendant SPEARS was incompetent at the time of service of the Complaint or when the Clerk's Defaults were entered on December 18, 2007. Additionally, Defendants' Motion presents no evidence of incompetence at the time the Final Judgments were entered, except the conservatorship orders. 

21. While Fl. R. Civ. P. l.500(e) states that no judgment may be entered against an "incompetent person unless represented in the action by a ... conservator ... who has appeared in it", Defendant SPEARS was not an "incompetent person" until, arguably at the earliest, February 1, 2008 when the assertion was first made and the Conservator was appointed by California court order.

22. SPEARS' father, James Spears, who filed motions for appointment as Conservator obtained temporary orders at hearings which SPEARS did not attend, nor was SPEARS represented by independent counsel at the hearings (see Defendants' Exhibit A and B to the Motion).

23. The first order appointing a temporary conservator over Defendant SPEARS, dated February 1, 2008, was filed under seal and expired on February 4, 2008 (Exhibit "N"). This first order gave the Conservator authority ONLY over the litigation "related to the family law case" (her divorce), and not the case before this court (Exhibit "N" 5 Attachment 13).

I can only find the skimpiest of news coverage from 2007-2008 about this lawsuit and even less about how it ended (settled outside of court in 2009).  

I don't remember this stuff being discussed back in the day, and it seems kind of important - that her old manager was questioning the legitimacy of this declaration. 

Was Wright in contact with Britney at this point? Was Lutfi hired/paid to be around in late 2007 to make sure Britney WASN'T in contact with too many people who could later vouch for her ~sanity~?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

This has probably been discussed at length, but I couldn't find the right thread.  I was looking through the docs from the WEG lawsuit since the Orange county circuit court is kind enough to provide free access to the case.  Obviously, the timing of the suit is a little sus - it just so happens to coincide with the custody case stripping Brit of custody in October 2007.  What I found interesting was the mention of the capacity declaration in an April 2008 doc.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fwYh8TVfu9GzGwFB3mAXeSdoinilDYtL/view?usp=sharing

Paragraphs 20-23

20. The gravamen of Defendants' Motion is SPEARS' incapacity, yet they present no competent evidence that Defendant SPEARS was incompetent at the time of service of the Complaint or when the Clerk's Defaults were entered on December 18, 2007. Additionally, Defendants' Motion presents no evidence of incompetence at the time the Final Judgments were entered, except the conservatorship orders. 

21. While Fl. R. Civ. P. l.500(e) states that no judgment may be entered against an "incompetent person unless represented in the action by a ... conservator ... who has appeared in it", Defendant SPEARS was not an "incompetent person" until, arguably at the earliest, February 1, 2008 when the assertion was first made and the Conservator was appointed by California court order.

22. SPEARS' father, James Spears, who filed motions for appointment as Conservator obtained temporary orders at hearings which SPEARS did not attend, nor was SPEARS represented by independent counsel at the hearings (see Defendants' Exhibit A and B to the Motion).

23. The first order appointing a temporary conservator over Defendant SPEARS, dated February 1, 2008, was filed under seal and expired on February 4, 2008 (Exhibit "N"). This first order gave the Conservator authority ONLY over the litigation "related to the family law case" (her divorce), and not the case before this court (Exhibit "N" 5 Attachment 13).

I can only find the skimpiest of news coverage from 2007-2008 about this lawsuit and even less about how it ended (settled outside of court in 2009).  

I don't remember this stuff being discussed back in the day, and it seems kind of important - that her old manager was questioning the legitimacy of this declaration. 

Was Wright in contact with Britney at this point? Was Lutfi hired/paid to be around in late 2007 to make sure Britney WASN'T in contact with too many people who could later vouch for her ~sanity~?

I need to rename the thread to make it easier to find...

But here's the WEG thread:

• Love 1
Posted (edited)

Feb. 28, 2003 - The Britney Spears Foundation Camp for the Performing Arts, LLC is incorporated as a not-for-profit organization and a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Britney Spears Foundation to provide opportunities for underprivileged children. The LLC enters into an agreement with a third party to administer and operate the Camp during 2003.

Source: The Britney Spears Foundation, Return of Organization Exempt From Income Tax, Form 990, August 13, 2004.

June 24, 2003 - A branch of Britney Touring, Inc. is incorporated in New York as a "foreign business corporation" by Rudolph & DeBeer, LLP, Attn: Park Avenue South, 432 Park Avenue South 2nd Fl., New York, NY, 10016. (Company No.: 2923015)

Source: https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_ny/2923015

Source: https://apps.dos.ny.gov/publicInquiry/

Feb. 26, 2004 - A branch of Britney Touring, Inc. is incorporated as a "foreign profit corporation" in Florida by Stacy Smith of Stacy Smith & Associates, 1503 Colley Ave., Norfolk, VA, 23517. (Company No.: F04000001093)

Source: https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_fl/F04000001093

Source: https://companyfl.com/biz/britney-touring-inc/F04000001093

Source: https://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResults/EntityName/"Britney Touring"/Page1?searchNameOrder=BRITNEYTOURING

June 16, 2004 - Britney cancels the US leg of the Onyx Hotel tour after suffering a knee injury on the set of the "Outrageous" music video. The 35 dates are set to be rescheduled following four months of rest after her arthroscopic surgery.

Source: https://www.mtv.com/news/1488437/britney-cancels-tour/

May 5, 2005 - A branch of Britney Touring, Inc. is registered in California as "foreign stock." (Company No.: C2748100)

Source: https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_ca/C2748100

Jan. 24, 2013 - The branch of Britney Touring, Inc. that was incorporated in New York in 2003 as a "foreign business corporation" by Rudolph & DeBeer, LLP is dissolved by James Spears and Andrew Wallet and is issued a "Certificate of Termination." The company's "Next Statement Due Date" is listed as 06/30/2005. (Company No.: 2923015)

Source: https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_ny/2923015

Source: https://apps.dos.ny.gov/publicInquiry/

#OnyxBSS #BritneyTouringBSS #BritneySuperSleuths

Edited by Steel Magnolia

Jan. 1999 - After consulting with her New York-based attorney Larry Rudolph, Britney Spears enters into a Personal Management Agreement with Johnny Wright. Both James Spears and Lynne Spears sign as her legal guardians.

Additional commentary: The terms of the agreement “In consideration for Manager's services hereunder, Artist shall pay Manager a sum equivalent to Seven and one-half {7½%) percent of Artist's Gross Receipts, as and when received by Artist. The term "Gross Receipts'' as used herein shall mean any and all compensation in whatever form, which is paid, payable, earned, or accrued (including any deferred portion which may not actually be received until after the termination).”

“Gross Receipts shall not include the following: (1) deficit financing tour support which Artist actually uses to pay legitimate tour expenses; (2) Artist's royalties permanently retained by a recording company or other entity in recoupment of recording or video costs, promotional costs and any other costs retained in recoupment of legitimate expenditures (3) any actual bona fide recording costs paid to Artist or on Artist's behalf pursuant to any recording agreement for Artist's services; (4) any actual bona fide production costs paid to Artist or on Artist's behalf by any third party in connection with audiovisual recordings featuring Artist's performances; (5) any monies paid for independent promotion or marketing of Artist's recordings which are charged against Artist's royalty account; and (6) commissions paid to booking agents (not to exceed ten (10%) percent).”

“In addition, Artist shall pay or reimburse Manager, if Manager has paid, for all expenses that Manager reasonably incurs on Artist's behalf upon presentation of proof of payment by Manager.”

NEW: 1999 – Forbes article declares Britney’s 1999 earnings to be $15M. (Britney signed with) “Jive Records in 1997, and with no track record, got paid accordingly: a $250,000 advance and a royalty rate, after fees, of less than $1 per record sold. Stars like Madonna or Celine Dion command royalties of $2.20 or more.” https://www.forbes.com/forbes/2000/0320/6507162a.html?sh=545654291391

NEW: Jan 1, 2001 – Amended payment terms with WEG (Johnny Wright) commence. The fixed 7.5% commission is replaced with a sliding payscale (7.5% for $0 - $20M; 6.75% for $20M-$30M; 6% for $30M-$40M; 5.25% for $40M+)

Update: July 26, 2001 - Britney's business manager, Pat Marchese**** of RHF Management Group, LLC, receives an email from Dave Pierfy of Wright Entertainment Group, LLC, requesting that all cheques be made payable to the newly formed Wright Entertainment Group, LLC, instead of Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. Ms. Marchese complies, sending all subsequent cheques from Britney Brands, Inc., Britney Touring, Inc., and eventually the SJB Revocable Trust, c/o RHF Management Services, LLC, located at 10100 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 1300, Los Angeles, CA 90067, to the new company.

****In 2001 Pat Marchese was at PNFW with Bert Padell. The WEG lawsuit does not make it clear who was contact for each company of the various business managers. I think the timing details will prove to be important.

Oct. 31, 2001 - Britney Spears releases her third studio album, "Britney," through Jive Records and the Zomba Recording Group.

Additional commentary: The liner notes of the album expressed thanks to her team. "Bryan - l'm truly proud to say you're my brother and no you can't drive my car! Tell "cuddles" to be good!...

To Larry Rudolph and Johnny Wright -words cannot express how grateful I am to have the two of you on my side and heading up my team! I love you both and Johnny,! can't wait to babysit...

Thanks to Bert Padel! and Pat Marchese for taking such good care of me. David Zedeck - the king of agents - thank you for "setting the stage" for me to perform on!" To Larry Rudolph and Johnny Wright -words cannot express how grateful I am to have the two of you on my side and heading up my team! I love you both and Johnny,! can't wait to babysit. To Mark Steverson - take a break, get some sleep! To Dan "cuddles'' Dymtrow & Jen "J-webb" Webster - thanks for everything! Thanks also to Vivien Lewit, Steven Beer, Kristi Gamble, George Gilbert, Adam Kaplan and Johnny Mac. Thank you to everyone at Wright Entertainment Group: Erika Wright, Ada Mojica, Mariel Armitage, Dave Brown, RoyWynns, Sally Ann Ball, Melinda Be!!, Tandy Gilstrap, Lara Beth Sampe, Michael "lacy" Wellman, Leticia Cabello, Christina Roberts and Robert Watson..."

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Update: July 26, 2001 - Britney's business manager, Pat Marchese**** of RHF Management Group, LLC, receives an email from Dave Pierfy of Wright Entertainment Group, LLC, requesting that all cheques be made payable to the newly formed Wright Entertainment Group, LLC, instead of Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. Ms. Marchese complies, sending all subsequent cheques from Britney Brands, Inc., Britney Touring, Inc., and eventually the SJB Revocable Trust, c/o RHF Management Services, LLC, located at 10100 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 1300, Los Angeles, CA 90067, to the new company.

****In 2001 Pat Marchese was at PNFW with Bert Padell. The WEG lawsuit does not make it clear who was contact for each company of the various business managers. I think the timing details will prove to be important.

Check the affidavit of David Pierfy on Page 1:

"4. On July 26, 2001, I sent an email to Pat Marchese, the Business Manager for Britney Spears, advising her that due to an internal reorganization, effective immediately, all checks were to be made payable to Wright Entertainment Group, LLC, rather than Wright Entertainment, Inc. (Exhibit "A")

5. In that same communication, I advised Ms. Marchese that if for any reason this request could not be accommodated, to please contact me as soon as possible.

6. I did not receive any communication from Pat Marchese, Britney Spears, or any other representative for RHF Management Services, LLC on behalf of Britney Spears, advising me of any conflict with our request that all payments be issued to Wright Entertainment Group, LLC."

~~~> Both Richard Feldstein's RHF Management and Bert Padell's PNFW were being used at the same time.

That's what I meant by "not trusting Team CON's narrative" in their response to WEG's complaint. They're purposely trying to lead everyone astray by making it look as if the business managers were employed during disreet periods of time, instead of the various LLC's being spread out between them during the same period of time.

• Love 2

NEW: Feb. 28, 2003 - The Britney Spears Camp for the Performing Arts is incorporated. The Britney Spears Foundation Camp for the Performing Arts, LLC is a not-for-profit organization and a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Britney Spears Foundation (incorporated October 5, 2001). The purpose of the LLC is to provide opportunities for underprivileged children to attend The Britney Spears Camp for the Performing Arts (the "Camp"). The LLC has entered into an agreement with a third party to administer and operate the Camp during 2003. (source The Britney Spears Foundation Tax form 990 year 2003, filed August 23, 2004)

• Like 1