Why Is No One Talking about this?

I should amend my previous post...

It looks like Atara Tours was created in May 2013, just prior to POM being launched in December 2013.

In other words, Jamie has taken his "Tour Manager" position that he was given at the beginning of the FF tour in 2011, and turned it into a LLC that became responsible for delivering Britney onto the stage for POM.

• Like 4
Just now, Steel Magnolia said:

I should amend my previous post...

It looks like Atara Tours was created in May 2013, just prior to POM being launched in December 2013.

In other words, Jamie has taken his "Tour Manager" position that he was given at the beginning of the FF tour in 2011, and turned it into a LLC that became responsible for delivering Britney onto the stage for POM.

i hate her dad so much. its not about her care. its about him and Money

• Like 4

Is there any way we can dig up the contract for Domination?

And compare it to the contract for POM?

Let's not forget that when Britney cancelled the Onyx Hotel tour over her knee she became embroiled in a $10-million lawsuit with her insurance company.

https://www.mtv.com/news/1496626/britney-spears-sues-over-bum-knee-seeks-98-million/

So who is on the hook now that Domination has been cancelled? :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

Britney or Atara Tours? 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
On 1/2/2021 at 12:28 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

Is there any way we can dig up the contract for Domination?

And compare it to the contract for POM?

Let's not forget that when Britney cancelled the Onyx Hotel tour over her knee she became embroiled in a $10-million lawsuit with her insurance company.

https://www.mtv.com/news/1496626/britney-spears-sues-over-bum-knee-seeks-98-million/

So who is on the hook now that Domination has been cancelled? :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

Britney or Atara Tours? 

Glad there is a new thread specifically about this topic so we can discuss without distractions.

A quick recap of what we know:

Britney was required to remain in the conservatorship due to POM contract. It’s even mentioned in this Access Hollywood clip:

https://twitter.com/britneyhiatus/status/1345896284775919617?s=21

The POM contract lists Atara Tours (referred to as Artistco) as responsible/liable for ensuring Britney performs. Jamie and Wallet (conservators) are the officers of Atara Tours. So the contact is really between hotel and conservators (Britney’s signature is not present).

We can reasonably assume the Domination contract is similar - why change, if its working? Also we have Andrew Wallet referring to the conservatorship as a “hybrid business model.”

We know that Atara was changed to list Britney as CEO and is the only Britney business entity where this was done. So Britney becomes responsible for making Britney perform. The question is why?  I think it’s because it allowed protection from a deposition, thus insulation from liability. As a conservatee Britney has been protected from testifying in a number of other lawsuits (ie, Jonny Wright, Brand Sense).  Whereas there would be no such protection for Jamie and Wallet.  

-Date Domination postponed (Jan 4th 2019)

-Wallet resignation (March 4th 2019)

-Domination Cancelled (April 14th, 2019)

-Britney listed as CEO (5/31/2019 ?? - this is a guess based on the date the list of officers was due in 2020).

They may have been scrambling and had have wallet resign to keep him from responding to a possible lawsuit.

There is limited information out there regarding the Domination cancellation fallout, but I did find one article that gets into the costs, it’s millions upon millions:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.billboard.com/amp/articles/business/8492275/britney-spears-domination-las-vegas-residency-cancellation-cost-millions

As far as insurance covering lost of revenue the article says:  

While it's unclear whether Spears' insurance would cover lost revenue, Paul Bassman of Ascend Insurance, which services the live entertainment industry, says it's common for artists to have policies that cover cancellation due to a family member's illness. But typically those policies only cover life-threatening illnesses.

Can’t find any further reports on the costs so perhaps the insurance covered it.

• Love 2
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, Deode01 said:

Glad there is a new thread specifically about this topic so we can discuss without distractions.

A quick recap of what we know:

Britney was required to remain in the conservatorship due to POM contract. It’s even mentioned in this Access Hollywood clip:

https://twitter.com/britneyhiatus/status/1345896284775919617?s=21

The POM contract lists Atara Tours (referred to as Artistco) as responsible/liable for ensuring Britney performs. Jamie and Wallet (conservators) are the officers of Atara Tours. So the contact is really between hotel and conservators (Britney’s signature is not present).

We can reasonably assume the Domination contract is similar - why change, if its working? Also we have Andrew Wallet referring to the conservatorship as a “hybrid business model.”

We know that Atara was changed to list Britney as CEO and is the only Britney business entity where this was done. So Britney becomes responsible for making Britney perform. The question is why?  I think it’s because it allowed protection from a deposition, thus insulation from liability. As a conservatee Britney has been protected from testifying in a number of other lawsuits (ie, Jonny Wright, Brand Sense).  Whereas there would be no such protection for Jamie and Wallet.  

-Date Domination postponed (Jan 4th 2019)

-Britney listed as CEO (5/31/2019 ?? - this is a guess based on the date the list of officers was due in 2020).

They may have been scrambling and had have wallet resign to keep him from responding to a possible lawsuit.

There is limited information out there regarding the Domination cancellation fallout, but I did find one article that gets into the costs, it’s millions upon millions:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.billboard.com/amp/articles/business/8492275/britney-spears-domination-las-vegas-residency-cancellation-cost-millions

While it's unclear whether Spears' insurance would cover lost revenue, Paul Bassman of Ascend Insurance, which services the live entertainment industry, says it's common for artists to have policies that cover cancellation due to a family member's illness. But typically those policies only cover life-threatening illnesses.

Can’t find any further reports on the costs so perhaps the insurance covered it.

Updated based on your chrono post:

-Domination postponed (Jan 4th 2019)

-Britney listed as CEO of Atara Tours (April 3, 2019)

This makes it even clearer that it was done because of Domination and the liability related to cancellation.

• Love 3

12 minutes ago, Deode01 said:

Updated based on your chrono post:

-Domination postponed (Jan 4th 2019)

-Britney listed as CEO of Atara Tours (April 3, 2019)

This makes it even clearer that it was done because of Domination and the liability related to cancellation.

sus

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Deode01 said:

Was Jamie's colon rupture really a life-threatening illness?

Or was it just a cover story?

And do we know the date that Britney was admitted to a mental health facility? 

It feels as if this could go the same way as the Brand Sense lawsuit if Britney doesn't appear on an MGM stage at some time in the future.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Was Jamie's colon rupture really a life-threatening illness?

Or was it just a cover story?

And do we know the date that Britney was admitted to a mental health facility? 

It feels as if this could go the same way as the Brand Sense lawsuit if Britney doesn't appear on an MGM stage at some time in the future.

The same article from 2019 says it would not be considered life threading: 

"Since her father is expected to recover, that's typically not something that would be covered," Bassman says, adding that he does not have any inside knowledge of Spears' policy for the show.

But, allegedly this was a cover up. From the voicemail heard around the world the reason was  Britney wasn’t taking her meds and the Dad decided to cancel and use his colon as an excuse. 

The date she was admitted is unknown. The “official” story was that it was a 30 day stay, but she was no where to be found over 3 months.  I think the last sighting of her was January 6th of that year. 

11 hours ago, Deode01 said:

The same article from 2019 says it would not be considered life threading: 

"Since her father is expected to recover, that's typically not something that would be covered," Bassman says, adding that he does not have any inside knowledge of Spears' policy for the show.

But, allegedly this was a cover up. From the voicemail heard around the world the reason was  Britney wasn’t taking her meds and the Dad decided to cancel and use his colon as an excuse. 

The date she was admitted is unknown. The “official” story was that it was a 30 day stay, but she was no where to be found over 3 months.  I think the last sighting of her was January 6th of that year. 

Ah, the 2019 article was behind a paywall, so I wasn't able to read it. 

I wonder when the Domination contract was actually negotiated?

And if she was ever able to read it before making her appearance on Ellen or her announcement in Vegas?

It doesn't seem as if there was even a new photo shoot to create the Domination branding used on the marketing items. It looked like a cut and paste job in Photoshop instead.

I have a hunch the contract was negotiated in late August of 2018, during the European dates of the POM tour. Hence the complaints of Britney being disrespectful to fans during meet and greets in London and Paris...What other way does she have of speaking out and signalling to fans that she's feeling trapped?

Domination was announced just six weeks later.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Ah, the 2019 article was behind a paywall, so I wasn't able to read it. 

I wonder when the Domination contract was actually negotiated?

And if she was ever able to read it before making her appearance on Ellen or her announcement in Vegas?

It doesn't seem as if there was even a new photo shoot to create the Domination branding used on the marketing items. It looked like a cut and paste job in Photoshop instead.

I have a hunch the contract was negotiated in late August of 2018, during the European dates of the POM tour. Hence the complaints of Britney being disrespectful to fans during meet and greets in London and Paris...What other way does she have of speaking out and signalling to fans that she's feeling trapped?

Domination was announced just six weeks later.

You could be right about the timing, there is no way for us to know unless the Domination contract gets leaked.  I don’t know if you have seen the official announcement video for Domination, I watched it back in 2018. She did not seem into it. It was a big hoopla but she never spoke and then made a quick dash to her SUV. That to me was telling, I could tell she wasn’t feeling it.  Maybe because it wasn’t her choice, right?  But she then seemed to do a turn around when they were rehearsing. The videos of her dancing she’s back to prime Britney dance levels. It was amazing really.  And, I couldn’t wait to see what Domination was going to be like cause it looked dope. But, than bam - no more.  If it is true that she had stopped her meds we can assume it was her meds that was keeping her from dancing at the level she is capable of, just a theory. Could be totally wrong.

I didn’t realize you couldn’t read the article from 2019.  I will copy/paste for you.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Deode01 said:

You could be right about the timing, there is no way for us to know unless the Domination contract gets leaked.  I don’t know if you have seen the official announcement video for Domination, I watched it back in 2018. She did not seem into it. It was a big hoopla but she never spoke and then made a quick dash to her SUV. That to me was telling, I could tell she wasn’t feeling it.  Maybe because it wasn’t her choice, right?  But she then seemed to do a turn around when they were rehearsing. The videos of her dancing she’s back to prime Britney dance levels. It was amazing really.  And, I couldn’t wait to see what Domination was going to be like cause it looked dope. But, than bam - no more.  If it is true that she had stopped her meds we can assume it was her meds that was keeping her from dancing at the level she is capable of, just a theory. Could be totally wrong.

I didn’t realize you couldn’t read the article from 2019.  I will copy/paste for you.

Here is the article :

Britney Spears' announcement Friday (Jan. 4) that she would not perform Domination, her new Las Vegas residency at the Park Theater, came as a shock to many looking forward to the pop star's newest Sin City run. The 31-show run was scheduled to begin Feb. 13; it's unclear whether the performance will be revived at a later date.

Sources familiar with the show say ticket sales had been slower than other residence shows at the Park Theater, including Lady Gaga's double residency which started late last month and includes one performance of her pop hits and one focused on jazz and piano music. Cher and Aerosmith also have residencies booked for the 5,200-seat venue this year.

In 2017 Spears wrapped her four-year, 248-show Piece of Me residency at Planet Hollywood, followed by the 2018 Piece of Me tour on the East Coast and through Europe. Sources tell Billboard the demand for Spears in 2019 had dropped -- a situation only compounded by competing Las Vegas residency shows by Gaga, Mariah Carey, Gwen Stefani and the Backstreet Boys.

Spears' widely panned announcement for Domination, also didn't help matters. She first appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show to announce a forthcoming big announcement, making for a segment that was more awkward than anticipation-building. Days later, fans tuned in for a 28-minute so-called "official announcement" that showed Spears turning up late to only wave to fans before walking down several steps to a waiting SUV that quickly drove off, leaving many bewildered by her behavior.

Fans were far more sympathetic Friday (Jan. 4) when the "Toxic" singer announced the cancellation, noting her intent to spend more time with her family, revealing her father suffered a life-threatening colon rupture last year and has been hospitalized since. He is expected to recover.

Sources say the cancellation could cost Spears her guarantee for the show, which could be worth several million dollars. There would also be costs for the venue and its owners MGM Grand, which likely already invested in preproduction for the show. That could easily add up to $2 million to $3 million, according to a source in Las Vegas familiar with residency shows.

There's also the lost marketing costs, including the strange-but-pricey Las Vegas October announcement and print and online advertisements spent on the show, plus the opportunity cost of having nine event nights in February and March go dark. While it might be difficult to fill those dates in a few weeks, the 22 dates scheduled for May, July and August are likely salvageable. The popular venue is typically booked out several years in advance and sources say the 2018 dates present an interesting opportunity for an artist or show looking to play in Las Vegas.

While it's unclear whether Spears' insurance would cover lost revenue, Paul Bassman of Ascend Insurance, which services the live entertainment industry, says it's common for artists to have policies that cover cancellation due to a family member's illness. But typically those policies only cover life-threatening illnesses.

Bill Hornbuckle, president MGM Resorts International released a statement to Billboard, saying  “All of us at MGM Resorts wish Mr. Spears a speedy recovery. We wholly understand and respect Britney’s commitment to her family and believe that her place is with them during this important time.”

Reps for Spears did not respond to requests for comment.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

We can absolutely do some digging on the internet and bring public information to light. That's how Britney has been able to make so much headway the past two years. The Free Britney movement's been throwing everything at the lawyers and hoping something sticks.

There’s a lot of information out there but I doubt we are going to be able to locate the Domination contact - this isn’t something that would be made public. We could ask LFB to help, but unfortunately they were cancelled 😂.  Kidding not bringing that here.  Anyhow, my point is this is not going be something that we can just find online.

15 hours ago, Deode01 said:

I did watch the official announcement, and it was clear that something was quite "off" and that it didn't exactly roll out as planned.

I believe she did want to perform Domination, based on those rehearsal videos - just not with the conservatorship in place, and "Atara Tours" attached and monitoring her every move.

I guess we'll have to watch further court documents from Ingham to know if this theory is a reality.

And...Thank you for taking the time to copy and paste the Billboard article!

• Like 1