Christina Aguilera sets sights on releasing her Spanish-language album, updates website

On 1/5/2021 at 2:31 PM, PickleSpears said:

It's still random. Christina didn't know her Latin dad or his side of her family until she was an adult, right? From what I know she was raised in Pennsylvania in a white household never speaking Spanish. But whatever, she can do whatever she wants. It'll still flop.

You are trying so hard lmao... even her mother speak Spanish (or at least she used to), even she used to be a Spanish teacher and translator... 

Shelly (Christina's Mother speaking Spanish min 4:20)

5 hours ago, XSONG said:

You are trying so hard lmao... even her mother speak Spanish (or at least she used to), even she used to be a Spanish teacher and translator... 

Shelly (Christina's Mother speaking Spanish min 4:20)

Ohhhh Shelly lol. Well that's cool, she can do whatever she wants. She can release a French album if she wants to. But people hardly care about her English albums lol so I can't imagine how they're going to feel about a Spanish album. But good luck to her with it.

I'm curious (and sliiiightly worried) about the direction she's going to choose with her Spanish album because I still think that Americans have an outdated and stereotypical idea of what Latin music sounds like. Also, Latin America is HUGE and super diverse, so there's a lot to choose from. Also, it changed drastically in the last five years. I wonder what she's listening to to get inspired, or who her recent influences are. Having said that, I actually trust her! She's genuine about her passion for music so this HAS to be good... Besides, "Mi Reflejo" was and still is an AMAZING Spanish album.

On 1/5/2021 at 2:43 AM, PickleSpears said:

Not really sure why. I know her dad's Latin or whatever but she didn't grow up with him or that culture in any way. She doesn't even speak Spanish. But she can release another project that nobody cares about. She's good at that.

She was with him like before the Club Mickey Mouse (10 years old) He was abusive to her and her mother. And then she give to him another oportunity in the Mi Reflejo era, but she see "bad conducte" another time that era and dont have more contact with him anymore.

7 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I'm curious (and sliiiightly worried) about the direction she's going to choose with her Spanish album because I still think that Americans have an outdated and stereotypical idea of what Latin music sounds like. Also, Latin America is HUGE and super diverse, so there's a lot to choose from. Also, it changed drastically in the last five years. I wonder what she's listening to to get inspired, or who her recent influences are. Having said that, I actually trust her! She's genuine about her passion for music so this HAS to be good... Besides, "Mi Reflejo" was and still is an AMAZING Spanish album.

Christina is outdated in general though. Her last real hits were soo long ago. And I'm not talking about the few tracks she was featured on for 20 seconds that people forget she's even on. I'm talking about HER music.

• 7 months later...

The new era is coming and yes - it's gonna flop. But this era it is not about getting succes in the USA - they for sure have a plan to put her in Latin markets again. If she will have a hit song in Argentina, Mexico etc she can make a big tour there and earn her money and success - maybe even a Latin Grammy award in next year? So stop it gurls, world its not ending in USA.

Mi Reflejo (her first spanish album) was a very big success in latin markets.

Enjoy the music and stop the drama.

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block