Christina Aguilera sets sights on releasing her Spanish-language album, updates website

I’m glad to see her doing a Spanish album but I have my hesitant about it being a full album cycle. IDK how RCA is putting money into her projects if the last 3 flopped. I’m going to make a prediction about the album album cycle. First single will be a provocative spanish song, the second single will be a ballad.... then will stop promotion out of no where and make excuse why it flopped and pretend it never existed... same tactic she did with bionic, lotus and liberation. Most likely This album won’t be out until 2022 because that will hit the 4 year gap from the last album.

I will say I wish she would’ve done “lift me up” in Spanish. 

c63f0a5de755282c289efad48bdb9454.jpeg

• Like 1
14 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

When I was in Mexico this past summer my Mom heard Ven Conmigo on the radio and she was shocked that Christina sang in Spanish :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

So my question is this. Is there a demand for a Spanish album by her? :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

there was a demand, back in 2000 :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

she should've never neglected her Spanish market back then, she would be a legend by now in Latin America, and instead she chose to live under Britney's (and everyone else's) shadow in the States.

Her songs Ven Conmigo and Pero Me Acuerdo de Ti became instant classics. They're the kind of song that are always performed on television contests and stuff along with Falsas Esperanzas. Heck, her most watched solo video on YouTube is Pero Me Acuerdo de Ti, and Ven Conmigo would be the second one, but it was only uploaded a few years ago.

Now, I don't think it would do that good now, because Latin pop has been killed by Reggaeton, and I definitely don't wanna hear her get into that genre. But who knows. Her last collaboration in Spanish, with Alejandro Fernández was pretty successful, but he's more regional music than pop, besides, the song was a cover of a very well known classic.

But still, she should try it, it's not like a poorly successful album is gonna kill her career at this point, after her latest efforts lol

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Alestaos said:

Well i don't understand Spanish - i really wish i did :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

Lotus is still her best album in my opinion :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

I'd love to listen to the Spanish scene and understand wtf is going on, cause i love the beats usually used in Spanish music

Whats ur fave Britneys album? **** ***? :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

52 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Share receipts to back up yr claims :roxxy:

Xtina was the first mainstream pop artist to have her featured on a song :roxxy:

The receipts are all over the internet, but like I said on another thread, you are out of touch with the pop culture. Christina was already flopping when she collaborated with Nicki. A Nicki feature was a must and still is. Wohoo was getting that attention because it has Nicki’s name all over it. :roxxy:

We are talking about a woman who impacted the pop culture, not some depressed girl without any star power who is popular on Instagram. :eyes_britney_laugh:

3 minutes ago, Style. said:

he receipts are all over the internet, but like I said on another thread, you are out of touch with the pop culture. Christina was already flopping when she collaborated with Nicki. A Nicki feature was a must and still is. Wohoo was getting that attention because it has Nicki’s name all over it. :roxxy:

Okay youre right. I checked and it seemed there were other mainstream collabs before the bionic one

4 minutes ago, Style. said:

e are talking about a woman who impacted the pop culture, not some depressed girl without any star power who is popular on Instagram. :eyes_britney_laugh:

Why so much resentment towards Billie? has she stolen your tiffin? calm down :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

28 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Okay youre right. I checked and it seemed there were other mainstream collabs before the bionic one

Why so much resentment towards Billie? has she stolen your tiffin? calm down :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

You’re still avoiding the subject. Why? Your posts are full of hate, delusion and lies towards powerful women so ask yourself why so much resentment towards Nicki and Ariana? :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

Both outsold her with ease. :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

2 hours ago, Style. said:

You’re still avoiding the subject. Why? Your posts are full of hate, delusion and lies towards powerful women so ask yourself why so much resentment towards Nicki and Ariana? 

Against powerful women? :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

Shut up lmbo, these powerful artist you talk about that i "resent" are the same artist whom i own physical copies of and stream their music through spotify and apple music :lmao: 

2 hours ago, Style. said:

oth outsold her with ease. :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

You know a tsunami, earthquake and volcanic eruption wouldnt happen to the world if we just can just let female artist live within the same space right? :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

11 hours ago, K-man said:

I’m glad to see her doing a Spanish album but I have my hesitant about it being a full album cycle. IDK how RCA is putting money into her projects if the last 3 flopped. I’m going to make a prediction about the album album cycle. First single will be a provocative spanish song, the second single will be a ballad.... then will stop promotion out of no where and make excuse why it flopped and pretend it never existed... same tactic she did with bionic, lotus and liberation. Most likely This album won’t be out until 2022 because that will hit the 4 year gap from the last album.

I will say I wish she would’ve done “lift me up” in Spanish. 

c63f0a5de755282c289efad48bdb9454.jpeg

At least she doesn’t have to be embarrassed and cancel another tour with Covid and all. Planet Hollywood gave away so many tickets to her shows. She needs a complete reinvention and idk if a Spanish album is the way to go about it. 

That would be AMAZING because she sings beautifully in Spanish, but...

I'm not sure what her new sound should be like, because nowadays it is NOT time to release ballads or fake romantic duets... That's a thing of the past. Unfortunately, now music in Spanish revolves EXCLUSIVELY around being promiscuous, hating on cheating ex-boyfriends/girlfriends, and partying hard. And collaborating with at least TWO artists in a mess (a mess, if you ask me). I can't see Xtina thriving in that environment, and we already know that she's not great at collaborations (she gets lost in others... just ask "Bionic").

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block