Britney's Spotify Wrapped - Britney was one of the Top 40 Female Artists of 2020

16 minutes ago, waynebradybyday said:

I’ll never understand Criminal bring one of her top streamed tracks. The only track from Femme Fatale. TTWE should take its spot. It was a chart/radio/general public success.

But Criminal became a sleeper hit, it gained a lot of views in the last few years and became quite a thing on tik tok, there was even a meme in my country with the lyrics to the point people would use the lyrics on whatsapp as if they were telling their moms they were in love with a criminal, many moms even fell for this **** :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

1 hour ago, Bundy said:

And then Britney is only more streamed than her only two flop albums :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

All the other albums also have at least one song on the top 10 most streamed songs except Britney. The funny thing is the Slave performamce is probably her most iconic and remembered, yet Britney and Slave are paid dust like this. 

wasn’t Britney the album only added sometime this year? I feel like that may be why? 

4 minutes ago, MX3 said:

wasn’t Britney the album only added sometime this year? I feel like that may be why? 

R u sure? I think its there on Spotify for years already. 

How crazy that Britney the album and singles are basically nowhere to be found or at the bottom.

I always believed the “Britney” era was her most successful / popular / iconic / relevant to the general public; cause of things like the snake performance, the controversy of the video, the movie, Pepsi, etc.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Glory and Brenda Jones almost have the same amount of streams???

Mean Girls What Is Happening To The World GIF

didn't they remove a lot of Glory versions though?

At one point, there were like 4 album versions of Glory on Spotify (both clean and explicit versions of the 2016 release and the 2020 release) and I also believe they each had their own standard and deluxe version too....

It really became a mess.

I don't know what happened to the streams of those albums that got removed but if they just removed those streams, that could explain the low numbers for Glory.

4 hours ago, nthenwkiss said:

How crazy that Britney the album and singles are basically nowhere to be found or at the bottom.

I always believed the “Britney” era was her most successful / popular / iconic / relevant to the general public; cause of things like the snake performance, the controversy of the video, the movie, Pepsi, etc.

her music was banned from a lot of big radio stations due a conflict between her and ClearChannel that was supposed to promote her DWAD Tour.

As a result they banned her music which caused the "Britney" era to have not a single #1 hit. Most of the singles barely charted. The "Britney" era really got overshadowed by the ClearChannel mess.

I guess this still have some affect as of 2020, probably a lot of people (aside of the fans) don't really know about the songs like Overprotected, Slave, Boys, ...

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Bundy said:

R u sure? I think its there on Spotify for years already. 

Maybe I’m wrong but I remember seeing it this year and being excited cause I could finally add the non singles (the songs that weren’t on her greatest hits etc) to my playlists. Maybe I just missed it but I don’t think so.... not sure if anywhere could confirm that... or if it was just my country (Canada)