It’s becoming difficult to be a Britney fan.

Everytime i log in into this forum there is a heart breaking news. It never finds a way to surprise me. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Everytime I log in i’m like ‘there might be some good news’ but then i find out that another heart breaking tragedy happened. :walkin_fire_meltdown_burning_flames_panic_mess_exhell:

In the last two weeks alone:

1) Jordan got a cease and desist letter from Lou

2) laywers for Britney were exposed 

3) Britney spent like two hours with her kids on Christmas and they probably never spent the night since James’ assault. 

and that’s a ‘quiet week’. Since the movement stared it’s been just one blow after one blow after the other. 

I don’t want to make this about me but I have been dealing with severe depression since **** hit the fan in 2020. For the sake of my own well being I will temporarily suspend my Britney fan membership till i get back on my feet. 

It’s like you want all of this not to effect you and you want to desensitize yourself to it like any ‘news’ but it’s just been so much.:crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

So for everyone who feels the same way I hope both us and Britney turn victorious at the end.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

it's been very difficult for over a decade though :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

I sometimes feel like it's a collective karma we're all paying from a previous life or something :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

If it's karma for anything, it's karma for just about everybody disregarding 'Everytime'.

How many fans actually understood the true meaning of the video back then?

As great as Blackout is, the simple reality is that Britney should have been out of the spotlight in the years preceding. PERIOD.

THIS to me is the main problem I have with Britney above everything else. She already knew how scrutinized she was from 1999-2004; and the 'Everytime' video very clearly alludes to this.  You're not supposed to be scrutinized non-stop for a whole decade.

She could have either started her own label or re-sign a new contract with Jive in 2004-2005 to give her more autonomy in her career, but she never did this either because of Larry Rudolph or her pathetic family. 

It's hard to say who is more responsible, but she should have taken the reigns by 2004-2005.  It was more than time by then.  Marrying Federline was not 'taking the reins'.  Marry him but get the hell out of the spotlight to enjoy your privacy and life and 'truly leave the industry'.

5 hours ago, zxcvb said:

If it's karma for anything, it's karma for just about everybody disregarding 'Everytime'.

How many fans actually understood the true meaning of the video back then?

As great as Blackout is, the simple reality is that Britney should have been out of the spotlight in the years preceding. PERIOD.

THIS to me is the main problem I have with Britney above everything else. She already knew how scrutinized she was from 1999-2004; and the 'Everytime' video very clearly alludes to this.  You're not supposed to be scrutinized non-stop for a whole decade.

She could have either started her own label or re-sign a new contract with Jive in 2004-2005 to give her more autonomy in her career, but she never did this either because of Larry Rudolph or her pathetic family. 

It's hard to say who is more responsible, but she should have taken the reigns by 2004-2005.  It was more than time by then.  Marrying Federline was not 'taking the reins'.  Marry him but get the hell out of the spotlight to enjoy your privacy and life and 'truly leave the industry'.

We'll never know. The "what if"s are impossible to tell for certain what would've happened. 

You talk about the meaning of Everytime, but maybe her vision was different than what you understand. Maybe it was what you think, but it was something that she was projecting from her inner self, but not something she thought consciously. So it made sense the path she took.

Ultimately she married Kevin because she decided to. She tried to live a normal life, but that would've been impossible. Thing is, everything she went through it's because she had to live all of that to learn something from it, and we can't know what that is. We see her life as a tragedy but she had good things too, mainly her kids. 

Maybe she was paying her own karma, but not because it was good or bad, again, simply it's something she had to live to be where she's now, and so every person that got involved in her life: her kids, Kevin, Larry, her parents, siblings, collaborators, etc. And even her fans. We could've stanned Xtina or Beyonce but here we are and we've lived and experienced things as fans that other fandoms haven't, both in terms of her career as well as caring for her as a person, and thus we think very differently, for better or for worse.

Having her own record label sounds good, but that would've implied a bigger focus on success, but maybe her albums would've failed because the bigger labels would've blocked her, and that might have brought her a bigger sense of failure and frustration, and she would've had to live that failure in her own hell, a private one, far from the spotlight, but still a hell and maybe she would've been even more unhappy than she is now, in a very different way. The possible negative outcomes are as infinite as the positive ones :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

What outcome or possibility would've been better? Who knows, everyone might see it different and in the end, again, we'll never know because the only scenario we know for sure is the one that actually happened. Everything else we can imagine is just that, imaginations.

I agree. I am also thinking to take a serious break here. There’s really not much to look forward to at this point. The court dates used to be exciting, but at this point we all know that even if Jamie snapped and got up during one of those hearings and strangled Flop Penny until she was blue in the face, she’d just take a 5 minute break and come back to schedule another hearing for 2026. :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

To be perfectly honest, It's always been difficult being a Britney fan in the fan community. Even if you take away the drama surrounding Britney's life/career regarding the C-Ship, I have learned over the years that a large majority of the Britney fan base is VERY critical, negative, and judgmental. Don't get me wrong, I have met some amazing fans in person and online, so this doesn't apply to all Britney fans, but a very large majority of them. Anyway, so over the years, I have learned that's just the way this fanbase is, so I don't fully engage into it. I can still enjoy Britney without all the negativity just by doing it on my own time. For example when SITS and Matches were released, I avoided this forum all together because I know there are fans that will rip apart both songs and cloud my own personal enjoyment of the songs, so I just don't engage during those times and I quietly am able to enjoy new Britney songs.

So I guess the main point I'm trying to make is sometimes it doesn't hurt to take a break from this forum and just enjoy Britney on your own time. :) 

you can be a britney fan without logging in onto Breathe Heavy or have any fan interaction if you dont want to. 

I agree with some, it was very exhausting and depressing for years/decades. I log in when I have emotional capability to do so.

I wish her all the best and will always respect her, but stanning Britney isnt some Dua Lipa ride. Its not daily activitiy, cause I have my life too that Im trying to get it in order. People know Im Britneys stan and when they ask me in real life about free britney or anything I just break down, and send them bunch of links, cause its so hard to talk about it. And too much. GP is delusional, they legit come to me with questions Is britney really crazy. and you see people around you, not just celebrities, freely walking and making dumb statements, even becoming presidents of countries (no tea no shade). so britney being 'crazy' has nothing to do with conservatorship. she shouldnt be stuck in this, no matter how you twist it. 

how lawyersforbritney got exposed when the britneys gram girls, who show up once in a blue moon, decided that it was cool to show up randomly to dox and accuse someone without proof without resorting to, you know, DMs?

but i've been some time off due to life stuff and i've been hearing some pretty disheartening stuff about how A LOT OF PEOPLE have been acting lately. Including some people here in Exhale. I have very little faith anymore. But this ain't about us, right? So...

8 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

We'll never know. The "what if"s are impossible to tell for certain what would've happened. 

You talk about the meaning of Everytime, but maybe her vision was different than what you understand. Maybe it was what you think, but it was something that she was projecting from her inner self, but not something she thought consciously. So it made sense the path she took.

Ultimately she married Kevin because she decided to. She tried to live a normal life, but that would've been impossible. Thing is, everything she went through it's because she had to live all of that to learn something from it, and we can't know what that is. We see her life as a tragedy but she had good things too, mainly her kids. 

Maybe she was paying her own karma, but not because it was good or bad, again, simply it's something she had to live to be where she's now, and so every person that got involved in her life: her kids, Kevin, Larry, her parents, siblings, collaborators, etc. And even her fans. We could've stanned Xtina or Beyonce but here we are and we've lived and experienced things as fans that other fandoms haven't, both in terms of her career as well as caring for her as a person, and thus we think very differently, for better or for worse.

Having her own record label sounds good, but that would've implied a bigger focus on success, but maybe her albums would've failed because the bigger labels would've blocked her, and that might have brought her a bigger sense of failure and frustration, and she would've had to live that failure in her own hell, a private one, far from the spotlight, but still a hell and maybe she would've been even more unhappy than she is now, in a very different way. The possible negative outcomes are as infinite as the positive ones :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

What outcome or possibility would've been better? Who knows, everyone might see it different and in the end, again, we'll never know because the only scenario we know for sure is the one that actually happened. Everything else we can imagine is just that, imaginations.

Wow, this is a pretty insightful post. :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Couldn't have said it better myself!

7 minutes ago, Applejack said:

how lawyersforbritney got exposed when the britneys gram girls, who show up once in a blue moon, decided that it was cool to show up randomly to dox and accuse someone without proof without resorting to, you know, DMs?

but i've been some time off due to life stuff and i've been hearing some pretty disheartening stuff about how A LOT OF PEOPLE have been acting lately. Including some people here in Exhale. I have very little faith anymore. But this ain't about us, right? So...

To be honest, this is where I am at as well.

I am side eyeing the people with platforms at the moment. This is including everyone involved, even LFB. I think this is some sort of petty drama that is playing out in front of our eyes. I have lost trust in everybody involved. At the end of the day, LFB helped FreeBritneyLA trademark their name and Instagram account, they sent all of the people that are talking **** about them pizza when they were out in the rallies on those hot summer days. I just don't see that they're working against Britney's best interest. Though they could have definitely responded and handled the situation in a more mature way. They were obviously blind-sided, though. I do believe there is some sort of shady infiltration going on in the fandom but this whole thing has resulted in me not trusting anyone at all.

I am surprised that I am the only one to really bring up the gram girls shutting down for 6 months, not responding to ANYONE in the movement, and having everyone worried that something happened to them. Some dude tried to expose them for their alleged connections to Larry Rudolph. But that was swept quietly under the rug. Now suddenly the "leaders" of the movement are becoming less inclusive. I personally am 100% AGAINST the conservatorship. But I have trouble with the people on top suddenly deciding that if you're not 100% on board with the dissolution of the conservatorship you need to get out of the movement. There are some people who are more concerned with getting Jamie out of the way. 

I am not one of those people. But we are going to see the movement dwindle if we start with the exclusional bullsh!t. I do have a problem with people just turning on and ****ting on LFB who have been helpful the entire year. And on NYE. I think its ugly. And it seems like nobody even bothered to have a private conversation with them before going public. There was a better way to deal with this, instead what we see is people in their 30's acting cliquish and like 15 year olds. I'm never one to accept the "official" narrative without hard receipts. How do they plan to prove that LFB was hacking all of their accounts? 

It could be that I am wrong and LFB deserves all of the ire. I am also looking at them sideways now as well. However, this could have been handled in a better way. Like adults.

7 minutes ago, Danielle1987 said:

...am I the only one whose mental health has never been affected by my favorite singer?:watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

I define mental health in a broad way. But when I say mine has been affected, I mean that it is depressing to think that a person can be enslaved for 12 years and drugged out of their mind (allegedly) in order to cooperate. This isn't being depressed because the album cover sucked or they picked the wrong single. This is the feeling that you get when you continue to see the justice system fail somebody and when you witness someone being helpless to years of abuse while everyone around her gets richer. If someone were to tell me this situation has caused at least a mood swing or occasional depression I wouldn't blame them one bit. This isn't really just about anyone's "favorite singer." This is more to do with the kind of world we are living in.

i must admit im fed up now. and its nothing against Britney. i absolutely love Britney and i get totally why she doesnt want to work whilst under this stupid cship. But, its getting near 4 and a 1/2 years since her last album Glory and we only just got 2 newish songs last month and tbh SWTS I like but sounds like most of the songs off Glory so even last month it felt like i heard it a million times already, and Matches i hated. it sounds like something will.i.am produced for BJ. And im just gagging for a new album but saying that on this forum has become like a crime and you get #freeBritney obsessed fans jumping down your throat saying how dare you! you must not care about Britney etc. i do care about her but i also miss her music and the excitement of a new album. is that so wrong?

i just hope we get some clarity this year regarding the cship and what she wants to do regarding her career. Thats all i want - clarification. if she clarifies she wants to retire for good then i'd honestly think good for you Britney! enjoy your retirement! and that would allow me to part mentalise Britney and accept we'll never get new music from Britney again and i can move on and just enjoy her 9 albums. But if she does want to perform again or make new music in the future, i wanna know whats happening and this cship situation to be resolved this year so tha t  she can finally geta back into the recording studio and maybe in 2022 release B10

Its just the uncertainty and not knowing what the hell is going on that i really hate now

Archived