billie eilish angers japanese audience by singing too low

girl_bye

basically billie was on this music program called msute which aired on the 25th of dec and old people were pissed at her singing style, saying shes not putting in enough effort. one person exclaimed, "sing from your stomach!!"

prolly doesnt translate that well to english but the way its phrased is sending me:britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

(btw twitter folks are on billies side 100%)

found the program on youtube

billie-japan.jpg.a2d3a035437f7b52350bf3af95294eb5.jpg

• Haha 3

If they're talking about singing from the stomach, that doesn't mean it's "too low", though. That means they're talking about breath support/singing from your diaphragm. I don't doubt Billie can sing, it's just a stylistic choice for her to sing very breathy and deep, likely to pull off her signature sound as she actually is classified as having the highest female voice type. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
49 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Boomers will be,

Boomers will be,

Boomers will be,

Boomers will be boomers

:deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow:

Just now, Hooked-On-Knee said:

If they're talking about singing from the stomach, that doesn't mean it's "too low", though. That means they're talking about breath support/singing from your diaphragm, I don't doubt Billie can sing, it's just a stylistic choice that makes it sound like she has a very wobbly voice. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

:duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

If they're talking about singing from the stomach, that doesn't mean it's "too low", though. That means they're talking about breath support/singing from your diaphragm, I don't doubt Billie can sing, it's just a stylistic choice that makes it sound like she has a very wobbly voice. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

ik its the way it was phrased, like a teacher would say to students at school choir competitions

• Like 1
On 12/31/2020 at 12:40 PM, lili_ballet said:

billie-japan.jpg.a2d3a035437f7b52350bf3af95294eb5.jpg

That IS her and her singing style: whispery, laid-back, and like all youth nowadays... with the least effort possible. On the other hand, Japan is all about hard-work and giving their all, so I can imagine the cultural shock that that performance must have been for them.

However, I'm constantly surprised at the GP not being able to "read" an artist or know what they are all about the first few times that they see/hear them. That's like people still complaining about Britney not singing live or not playing an instrument, there's Adele and Taylor or whoever for that, STOP being so stubborn.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block