What are your Pop Predictions for 2021?

Slayer

Selena Gomez will release a new album which is going to be better than Rare and hopefully she will make fire performances. (Rumored that she will release a spanish album)

Adele is maybe going to release something, I mean, after 5-6 years, it’s time for something new. 

Let’s hope for Ariana to not release another album in 2021. She needs time to reinvent herself before releasing something new (opinion).

Billie is probably going to work on another album and maybe she’s going to release it 2021 or 2022.

Let’s hope also for Ava Max to make some new worldwide hit. 

Hope that the queen of rap, Nicki Minaj will release a new album, more iconic than Queen. I’m still hoping for an era like “Roman Reloaded”.

Cardi B will probably going to release a new album or at least new hits.

Doja Cat and Megan Thee Stallion will gain more popularity in 2021.

Like we already know, we are expecting a new album from Lana Del Slay.

Hopefully Sia will finally make a new hit, because she doesn’t have a hit since 2018.

Bebe Rexha will release new music for sure and we need finally some iconic hit by her.

I want Rihanna to release something new, but I dont think that will happen.

Maybe team Britney will release some new unreleased song from Glory.

It has a chance for Christina Aguilera to drop something new, but it will flop.

Lady Gaga, well, I think we won’t get anything new in 2021 (maybe one, two songs) and she will come with a new album in 2022 maybe.

Still waiting for Demi Lovato to release a hit, maybe in 2021 that’s gonna happen.

Maybe Taylor will release a new alternative album. 

Katy Perry should finally release a hit, because almost everyone forgot about her.

Miley Cyrus will release some new songs for sure, hopefully hits.

Dua Lipa is going to release new songs (they’re going to be hits of course).

Rina Sawayama has a chance to become popular in 2021.

And yeah, that’s all from me :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Love 3
  • Poppy revealed that her new album is 95% done and she can't wait to release it. That's crazy, tbh, because she's released 3 albums, a repackage, and 2 EPs in just 4 years. :mae_fire_explosion_dead_spiderman_old_woman:
  • Carly Rae Jepsen will probably release something as well because homegirl can't stop writing songs. :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:
  • Taylor will dominate the charts with her re-recordings. :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:
  • Ashnikko will keep blowing up and finally have a Hot 100 hit (I also wouldn't be surprised if we got a collab with Doja Cat):

:carpoolney_dance_karaoke_glory_sunglasses_party_raise_roof:

• Love 1

Dua Lipa will be the queen supreme

Taylors re-recording’s won’t be the successes Swifties think they’ll be because the GP doesn’t care whether or not she owns her masters and already have access to her discography

Rihanna will still be talking like a broken record about her damn album and hopefully will announce her retirement 

Adele will still be talking like a broken record about her damn album and hopefully will announce her retirement 

Ava Max will dominate with Head & Heart which will start gaining traction nine months after release :roxxy:

Another Cardi B and Nicki feud 

More Britney unreleased tracks and more fighting about whether or not to buy/stream 

:queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Haha 5

I meant since it will be the first year of a new decade and era, pop culture wont shift yet (it will star forming around 2022 and then will shift properly by 2023) but i think seeing the music we got this year itself, there is basically a base we have on what the 2020s pop era will be.

So for what we expect in the genre that will thrive this decade, for the past decades it were:

• 1970s: Disco
  • 1980s: Synth-pop/Rock
  • 1990s:-
  • Early 90s- Euro-dance, house
  • Mid 90s- Rap
  • Late 90s- Teen-pop, RnB
  • 2000s- Pop, RnB and EDM
  • 2010s- Hip-hop

And like I predicted earlier (:deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:), we will see a massive resurgence in 70s disco, 90s House & Euro-pop and 80s synth-pop music and even 90s pop will have a slow but quick rise and we can probably see rap music have a 1-5% decline in popularity which will eventually worsen as we enter the new decade. There are even chances of pop rock coming back due to Harry Styles "Fine Line" record which was a perfect pop rock masterpiece :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: 

For artist, i think the release of Folklore has delayed Taylor's future decline (which will come around the mid-early 20s) and she will still remain quite popular but we wont ever witness an era of the magnitude of 1989 and Reputation, which is fine because it was her peak era and that fame is often to hard to replicate unless your Michael Jackson. Also, not the Taylor fans thinking the re-recordings are going to sell 2-3 million copies in their first week and the new songs will go #1 randomly like yall really need to get to reality :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:

For Katy. As a huge fan since 1st Grade, I hate to say that due to SMILE extreme commercial underperformance (selling 50k copies for such an established popstar in their first week alone? concerning...) i dont think she will ever become commercially relevant ever again...let alone Teenage Dream or PRISM-type of relevancy. She had her chance with Never really over, but lack of promo stopped that. She might as well release a Greatest Hits collection at this point since she has a very rich discography.

One thing is sure of Doja Cat... that by the end of 2021 she will be raps biggest and most relevant force. She has the charisma, rich and great music, talent, hits and freshness that will make her a juggernaut of a threat to even popstars. Nicki's time i guess is over....she is the eternal rap queen but now she isn't respected and is seen as a joke by the critics and GP. Megan will be pretty popular, but Capitol Records aint doing their job as a label because she can be huger because she is hell of a rap talent and she can spit bars she wrote. Unfortunately, we will still see Cardi thriving...she might drop a new album which can be quite successful and catch her some awards and hits.

Ariana will die a legend but Positions really did slow down the force she was...sorry Ari fans, you can all day argue on whether it was a flop or not but it is still Ariana's lowest selling album to date (1.029.000 copies sold which is good but not for someone of her stature) and received warm reviews. She will still remain relevant since shes Ariana but hopefully, she can reinvent herself, drop the Trap-90s RnB trash everyone is fed up of, and come up with something new and actually MATURE.

Dua Lipa would still be milking the Future Nostalgia era :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: 

If Billie decides to release her second album in 2021, it is going to be a huge record and era and it will basically certify her as the main pop girl for 2021 and by then she will be a mega-phenomenon to be marked "Not to mess with" with other pop girls. She really does have the appeal and it was pretty smart of her team to release few singles there and there to keep her name out before the new era is out. Also, i hope she doesnt use payola or desperate taylor-tease antics to get a hit :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

Justin's new album that will arrive by 2021 will obviously flop since :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale: Maybe Shawn can get some relevancy if he reverses that weird haircut of his? :awkblink_britney_awkward_blinking: and obviously, our king and one & only Harry Slay Styles will be the biggest male popstar in the scene and always be out of the box :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Also Kings & Queens and My Head & Heart by Ava Max will become mega-huge hits that will invade pop radios by summer and slay our wigs twerk im sorry GIF

Thx for attending my Ted Talk guys lol, i really appreciate yall :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

• Love 1

Hmmmm... This is all a TOTAL guess 

1.  Charli XCX will have a commercial hit with the "hyper pop" sound 

2. More rock elements in mainstream music

3. PC/hyperpop will become more mainstream

4. I think early 2000s will be more "vintage" and trendy (bootcut jeans r coming back)

5. Christina and Jessica Simpson will do something together 

6. Billie Eilish will have a more colorful era

7. RostAdele will come thru with baby making music

8. Cupcakke will be more appreciated in Hip Hop

9. Posh Spice will appear with Spice Girls

• Love 1

Def more rock in the charts. 

I think Justin bieber will release an album and it will flop. His last few singles aren’t dominating ****. 

I hope someone like Kendrick Lamar, schoolboy q or j cole releases an album. I love rap and I know I’ve said it many times on here but rap has been soooo ****ty lately... rappers like lil uzi, lil baby are NOT cutting it!!! I’m just old I guess.

I hope kelly clarkson releases an album but I worry this court stuff will tie her up for the year. 

adeles album will dominate. As will billies. 

drake will release an album that will def have a hit or two. 

Overall, it’ll be hard to top the pop music released this year cause it was good and a lot of ppl released albums who may take 2021 off (dua, the weeknd, Kylie, Ariana, Taylor, Selena, gaga, Miley....) but hopefully some ppl come through and some gems are released!!! 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

For artist, i think the release of Folklore has delayed Taylor's future decline (which will come around the mid-early 20s) and she will still remain quite popular but we wont ever witness an era of the magnitude of 1989 and Reputation, which is fine because it was her peak era and that fame is often to hard to replicate unless your Michael Jackson. Also, not the Taylor fans thinking the re-recordings are going to sell 2-3 million copies in their first week and the new songs will go #1 randomly like yall really need to get to reality :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:

For Katy. As a huge fan since 1st Grade, I hate to say that due to SMILE extreme commercial underperformance (selling 50k copies for such an established popstar in their first week alone? concerning...) i dont think she will ever become commercially relevant ever again...let alone Teenage Dream or PRISM-type of relevancy. She had her chance with Never really over, but lack of promo stopped that. She might as well release a Greatest Hits collection at this point since she has a very rich discography.

One thing is sure of Doja Cat... that by the end of 2021 she will be raps biggest and most relevant force. She has the charisma, rich and great music, talent, hits and freshness that will make her a juggernaut of a threat to even popstars. Nicki's time i guess is over....she is the eternal rap queen but now she isn't respected and is seen as a joke by the critics and GP. Megan will be pretty popular, but Capitol Records aint doing their job as a label because she can be huger because she is hell of a rap talent and she can spit bars she wrote. Unfortunately, we will still see Cardi thriving...she might drop a new album which can be quite successful and catch her some awards and hits.

Ariana will die a legend but Positions really did slow down the force she was...sorry Ari fans, you can all day argue on whether it was a flop or not but it is still Ariana's lowest selling album to date (1.029.000 copies sold which is good but not for someone of her stature) and received warm reviews. She will still remain relevant since shes Ariana but hopefully, she can reinvent herself, drop the Trap-90s RnB trash everyone is fed up of, and come up with something new and actually MATURE.

Dua Lipa would still be milking the Future Nostalgia era :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: 

Nicki is not seen as a joke. What critics do see her as a joke? That was a rough and bold word to use and I’m sure you can’t come up with some facts to back your clown *** mouth up! :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

mtePAPm.jpg

• Haha 1

I hope de music industry keep going to a more disco, synth pop, and rock pop style. Can't wait for new material coming from Avril Lavigne, Kylie, Dua and Miley. 

Let's not forget that ABBA will release new music in September as well :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

3 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

2010s- Hip-hop

I would like to add EDM as well. 2012 to 2015 was all about pop music going a little more electronic. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block