Rate my fan-made Britney Spears album artworks

On 12/30/2020 at 9:50 AM, JackSProductions said:

Hey Guys... Today I want to present you some of my new *updated* fan-made artwork for all of the albums. If you haven't seen my previous (bad) artworks here is an  old thread I posted a few of them in :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:covers-britney.jpg.af4f8f5f3c20b0b4f9dbffb03eae8017.jpg

Here is the NEW artworks! I have based these on Vinyl, as I think they look so much more presentable than if they were on a CD. I have also for the first time made matching back covers :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory:

UPDATE: Thank you all so much for the love! It really hasn't gone unnoticed. Here is a download link for all the artwork files, without the vinyl mockup: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YPt-2hHnfoQlthwIP5hj0rymLdCvK4YV?usp=sharing

...Baby One More Time:

BOMT-Front1.png

BOMT-Back.png

Oops!...I Did It Again:

Oops-Front1.png

Oops-Back.png

BRITNEY:

Britney-Front.png

Britney-Back.png

IN THE ZONE:

ITZ-Front.png

ITZ-Back.png

BLACKOUT:

Blackout1.png

Blackout-Back.png

CIRCUS:

Circus-Front.png

Circus-Back.png

FEMME FATALE:

Femme-Fatale-Front.png

Femme-Fatale-Back.png

BRITNEY JEAN:

Britney-Jean-Front.png

Britney-Jean-Back.png

GLORY (2020 DELUXE EDITION):

Glory-Front.png

Glory-Back.png

And that's it! Let me know below what you think of them! I'm personally very happy with the majority of these, I love Circus & Glory :britoverit_britney_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_whatever:

Somebody bumped this thread and I don’t think I responded when you initially posted it. But now I want to give feedback to help you improve your design work, since you’re already off to a good start! I’m letting you know up front that my notes are focused on the negative/criticism, so don’t be offended because (as a designer myself) my intention is only to help you!

BOMT:

-illegible text

-her name is too small

-the blossoms in the front, despite being blurred, fight the eye for focus on her figure 

-entire image feels off-genre, like acoustic/alternative pop versus the bubblegum pop it actually is

-back cover feel disjointed from front because the branch is in sharp focus, whereas all the nature is out of focus on the front cover

-track list text is too small, further emphasizing all the empty/dead space in the lower right

OOPS:

-again, her name is wayyy too small. At this scale you shouldn’t have even bothered including it. She is the headliner, not the album name. Try putting her name just as big but at the top of the image

-remove her hand in the upper right. It is attached to nothing and is distracting

-(Personally, I think this back cover objectifies her too much.)

-track list is illegible where the crystals are behind it. Darken those crystals so they aren’t bright white.

-I don’t think you need the gradient on the track list. There is less contrast between the background and later tracks, making them look unimportant/illegible.

OTHERWISE, try flipping the gradient so that the darker color is on top (and then you can keep the background crystals bright white so they contrast more). And then flip the gradient too on the spine so it matches (you’ll also have to switch the white and brown text to accompany this). 

BRITNEY:

I actually really love this. It’s a perfect balance of minimalist imagery with elaborate filters/effects. It may not be the right styling for 2001, but it feels very modern and current for now. 

-on the front cover, shift her figure over to the left so it is centered with her name 

-shift the track list up a bit so that the top margin is the same width as the left margin 

ITZ:

-again, text is far too small. Shift her down just a little bit as you increase the scale of the text.

-increase the contrast of the front image to match the contrast of the back image. The darkest values of black should be the same. Right now the front cover is too washed out. 

-make sure your blues match. Right now the front cover is toned more red, making the blue skew purple, whereas the back cover is more yellow toned. 

-again, check your margins. The margin beneath In The Zone is much wider than the margin above Britney Spears; these should be equal. Likewise, shift the track list down so that the top margin is the same width as the left margin. Ideally for this design, these margins on front and back covers will all be the same width. 

BLACKOUT:

-again, her name is too small

-I don’t think you need the gradient effects on the C-K-O

-the squares are too dull: either make them a little more opaque or don’t use them at all

-is there a way to bring the floral from the back cover onto the front as well? Or otherwise to put the squares on the back cover too. Front and back covers currently feel disconnected with their imagery. 

CIRCUS:

I’m sorry, I do not like this front cover. The picture is too literal for me and everything is way too dark. It looks like there’s about to be a major thunderstorm. Use a different sky, or at least give it stars for nighttime. Remove the black shadow around the whole border of the image. Her name shouldn’t have black shadow gradient on it either. I think you should also increase the saturation of the colors. 

However, I actually quite like your back cover image. Just increase the color saturation to make it more vibrant and less dreary/serious. 
Also, remove the effects from the track list. Again, the tracks at the bottom end up looking faded and unimportant. 

FEMME FATALE:

-title is slightly illegible. Looks like “Femme Atale”

-both F letters should be the same size and on the same alignment to the rest of the text. I think the second F is the better scale, but should follow the alignment of the first F (where the cross bar merges into the E, likewise that same cross bar should merge into the A)

-increase the size of her name a bit

-try shifting the title down over her crotch area where there is already a bunch of black in the background. This might fix the illegibility if the text and also give credit to the 7 in the F

-I do not like this back cover. The way you’ve shaded out her arm is just weird and does strange things to her body

-why is the back cover in greyscale when the front cover has color? At least give the track list the same golden gradient as the title.

BJ:

(Like the only good thing about this album irl is the cover art we got.)

-her skin needs to be airbrushed on the cover photo you chose - particularly her forehead and bottom right of her chin.

-the title feels flat and does not catch the eye. However, I think you should make the background black and that will likely fix this, because then the white will pop.

-I do not like this back cover because it looks exactly like what it is, a magazine photo shoot used for fan album art. Try zooming in on her so you lose the bikini bottoms, having the image cut off right where they begin. Then make the background black and the text white.

GLORY

I love this. It is heavenly.

Back cover is okay, but doesn’t pack the same punch…

-I don’t think the scale of her legs matches the scale of the ocean. To me it looks like if you took a photo of a doll at the beach.

-try adding more blue/color to the ocean so the track list has something more to contrast against, most especially for the topmost portion of the track list

- - -

Anyways, I hope you appreciate my comments…Keep at it and keep up the good work. 
I really do love the Britney album front & back cover and the Glory front cover!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Tetris said:

Somebody bumped this thread and I don’t think I responded when you initially posted it. But now I want to give feedback to help you improve your design work, since you’re already off to a good start! I’m letting you know up front that my notes are focused on the negative/criticism, so don’t be offended because (as a designer myself) my intention is only to help you!

BOMT:

-illegible text

-her name is too small

-the blossoms in the front, despite being blurred, fight the eye for focus on her figure 

-entire image feels off-genre, like acoustic/alternative pop versus the bubblegum pop it actually is

-back cover feel disjointed from front because the branch is in sharp focus, whereas all the nature is out of focus on the front cover

-track list text is too small, further emphasizing all the empty/dead space in the lower right

OOPS:

-again, her name is wayyy too small. At this scale you shouldn’t have even bothered including it. She is the headliner, not the album name. Try putting her name just as big but at the top of the image

-remove her hand in the upper right. It is attached to nothing and is distracting

-(Personally, I think this back cover objectifies her too much.)

-track list is illegible where the crystals are behind it. Darken those crystals so they aren’t bright white.

-I don’t think you need the gradient on the track list. There is less contrast between the background and later tracks, making them look unimportant/illegible.

OTHERWISE, try flipping the gradient so that the darker color is on top (and then you can keep the background crystals bright white so they contrast more). And then flip the gradient too on the spine so it matches (you’ll also have to switch the white and brown text to accompany this). 

BRITNEY:

I actually really love this. It’s a perfect balance of minimalist imagery with elaborate filters/effects. It may not be the right styling for 2001, but it feels very modern and current for now. 

-on the front cover, shift her figure over to the left so it is centered with her name 

-shift the track list up a bit so that the top margin is the same width as the left margin 

ITZ:

-again, text is far too small. Shift her down just a little bit as you increase the scale of the text.

-increase the contrast of the front image to match the contrast of the back image. The darkest values of black should be the same. Right now the front cover is too washed out. 

-make sure your blues match. Right now the front cover is toned more red, making the blue skew purple, whereas the back cover is more yellow toned. 

-again, check your margins. The margin beneath In The Zone is much wider than the margin above Britney Spears; these should be equal. Likewise, shift the track list down so that the top margin is the same width as the left margin. Ideally for this design, these margins on front and back covers will all be the same width. 

BLACKOUT:

-again, her name is too small

-I don’t think you need the gradient effects on the C-K-O

-the squares are too dull: either make them a little more opaque or don’t use them at all

-is there a way to bring the floral from the back cover onto the front as well? Or otherwise to put the squares on the back cover too. Front and back covers currently feel disconnected with their imagery. 

CIRCUS:

I’m sorry, I do not like this front cover. The picture is too literal for me and everything is way too dark. It looks like there’s about to be a major thunderstorm. Use a different sky, or at least give it stars for nighttime. Remove the black shadow around the whole border of the image. Her name shouldn’t have black shadow gradient on it either. I think you should also increase the saturation of the colors. 

However, I actually quite like your back cover image. Just increase the color saturation to make it more vibrant and less dreary/serious. 
Also, remove the effects from the track list. Again, the tracks at the bottom end up looking faded and unimportant. 

FEMME FATALE:

-title is slightly illegible. Looks like “Femme Atale”

-both F letters should be the same size and on the same alignment to the rest of the text. I think the second F is the better scale, but should follow the alignment of the first F (where the cross bar merges into the E, likewise that same cross bar should merge into the A)

-increase the size of her name a bit

-try shifting the title down over her crotch area where there is already a bunch of black in the background. This might fix the illegibility if the text and also give credit to the 7 in the F

-I do not like this back cover. The way you’ve shaded out her arm is just weird and does strange things to her body

-why is the back cover in greyscale when the front cover has color? At least give the track list the same golden gradient as the title.

BJ:

(Like the only good thing about this album irl is the cover art we got.)

-her skin needs to be airbrushed on the cover photo you chose - particularly her forehead and bottom right of her chin.

-the title feels flat and does not catch the eye. However, I think you should make the background black and that will likely fix this, because then the white will pop.

-I do not like this back cover because it looks exactly like what it is, a magazine photo shoot used for fan album art. Try zooming in on her so you lose the bikini bottoms, having the image cut off right where they begin. Then make the background black and the text white.

GLORY

I love this. It is heavenly.

Back cover is okay, but doesn’t pack the same punch…

-I don’t think the scale of her legs matches the scale of the ocean. To me it looks like if you took a photo of a doll at the beach.

-try adding more blue/color to the ocean so the track list has something more to contrast against, most especially for the topmost portion of the track list

- - -

Anyways, I hope you appreciate my comments…Keep at it and keep up the good work. 
I really do love the Britney album front & back cover and the Glory front cover!

Thank you so much for this! I agree with most of this now and always want to improve. These were made at the start of this year and I’ve came a long way since these, I’m planning on re-working these soon. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bunkywoo said:

Glory is my favorite. Perfect!!!

Love In the zone and Circus 🎪

Yet I see some hate circus

Black out I dislike sorry … The cover bothers me. I hate the original also fyi . Sometimes I think a cover does not need her on the cover 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Baby one more time is nice but something seems off .. but its nice for a summers eve commercial 😲

like the original best 

very talented !!! Hope you do not mind my opinions

Awesome job! 

Thank you so much! I remember when I first uploaded these Blackout bothered me the most, I can never still to this day quite capture the feel of the album. I honestly agree that sometimes the artist doesn’t need to be on the cover, such a simple black artwork with blackout text would work better!