Funniest Pop Culture Moments of 2020

So, with barely 2 days left of the mess that has been 2020, I wanted to look back on some of the funniest/messiest/cringiest/most ridiculous moments in pop culture as a bit of solace. :matches: Ugh, who am I kidding?! I totally stole this idea from reddit because I thought it was freakin' genius. :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: I had completely forgotten about most of these; therefore, it was super fun to go through this little thread. Here are some of my favorite ones:

• Ava Max promoting Hell & Heaven via a Roblox event. (YouTube link)
  • Madonna being out of touch and falling for an edited clips of Italians singing her song I Rise from their balconies. (Twitter)
  • Katy Perry doing the same thing, but also using the wrong flag emoji in her Tweet in addition to that. (Tweet has since been deleted)
  • Cheryl as well. (Twitter)
  • Britney running faster than Usain Bolt. (Instagram post has since been deleted, so here's a Tweet by a fan)
  • Charli XCX Tweeting about watching Hunger Games for the first time despite literally being on the soundtrack (Twitter) and then clarifying that Lorde had sent her an e-mail with a plot summary and a vibe. (Twitter)
  • Basketball player Rudy Gobert mocking the pandemic by purposely touching microphones and then catching COVID three days later. (YouTube)
  • Justin Bieber begging his fans to get Yummy to #1 and even encouraging international fans to use VPNs, so that their streams count towards Billboard. (screenshot of his Instagram post)
  • Out of touch celebrities singing Imagine. (YouTube)
  • Grimes and Elon Musk naming their baby X Æ A-12. (Twitter)
  • Vanessa Hudgens' going on a weird Instagram rant about COVID and then saying, "I don't know if I should be saying this." (Twitter)
  • David Guetta ending racism by giving a shoutout to George Floyd and his family. (YouTube)
  • A Nicki fan pretending to be her and catfishing actual Snoop Dogg. (Twitter thread)
  • Lily Allen releasing a vibrator instead of new music. (Twitter)
  • K-Pop fans taking over the #WhiteLivesMatter hashtag to drown out all the racists, so much so that the algorithm literally categorized it as a K-Pop trend. (Twitter)

Omg, I love how 90% of these could be summed up as celebrities being out of touch. :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle:

Anyway, I hope I got all the links right. Feel free to add your favorite ones and/or ones that I missed. :carpoolney_dance_karaoke_glory_sunglasses_party_raise_roof:pop-2020.jpg.d2fe55dc72546bca875eed19accc58be.jpg

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:
  • Charli XCX Tweeting about watching Hunger Games for the first time despite literally being on the soundtrack (Twitter) and then clarifying that Lorde had sent her an e-mail with a plot summary and a vibe. (Twitter)

What Charli created after reading an e-mail:

:letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn::letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn::letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

7 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:
  • Justin Bieber begging his fans to get Yummy to #1 and even encouraging international fans to use VPNs, so that their streams count towards Billboard. (screenshot of his Instagram post)

He should be ashamed.

• Haha 1