‘I’m being robbed by my dad’ Article from 2008

ivosoares

This is really sad to read...

https://www.celebsnow.co.uk/latest-celebrity-news/britney-spears-i-m-being-robbed-by-my-dad-204828

Britney Spears has told her dad to get out of her life and accused him of taking all her money. 

The 26-year-old, who has an estimated £50 million, has been given an allowance of £750 per week under the rules of her father Jamie’s court-approved conservatorship, which gives him control of her finances. 

Jamie, 59, is allowed to pay himself £1,250 a week as her conservator and that’s what’s caused Britney to finally snap. 

She feels, wrongly, that she’s being robbed by her own dad. After hearing of her allowance from her lawyers last week, Britney refused to travel to court and instead called her dad, screaming: ‘I want my ****ing life and my ****ing money back!’ 

The star believes she’s now well enough to cope and resents the fact that her dad holds the purse strings. 

A source close to Britney tells Now: ‘The call to her dad was Britney at breaking point. She demanded her life back, but that’s not her call. It’s down to the judge.’ 

Britney’s relationship with her family has grown increasingly difficult over the past fortnight 
Her mood hasn’t been helped by her weight gain after doctors increased her dosage of antidepressants. The ***** have led Britney to balloon by almost a stone, sparking unfounded rumours that she’s pregnant. 

‘Britney feels she’s totally alone and that no one’s looking out for her best interests – not 
even her family,’ says our source. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually have a personal relationship with a 'conservatorship', my brother is in a conservatorship and my mother is the conservator. But my brother is autistic and schizophrenic, he cannot take care of himself properly, he needs to be told to eat, to take a shower, etc. He doesn't do world tours lol. And most importantly, he's treated with love and actually has control of all the money he has.

29 minutes ago, Dirk said:

I think we thought this was lies, tabloid trash stuff because the c-ship narrative was so strong like, she's getting back to herself, taking care of her health, working out, back to her passion (recording a new album), she looked stunning after awhile and was always smiling back in 2008. The first half of 2008 is so scary tho cause I remember candids of her going to the gym, so bloated and her eyes were really scary to watch, the heavy medication was changing her face.

Exactly. I think people defended her weight gain because it seemed like she was in a much healthier place (which at the time compared to early 2008 and all of 2007 I think she was), and if the medications resulted in some extra pounds, she still looked beautiful and we thought she was in good hands. If only we knew... :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

I also think this is evidence (if we are to actually believe the article) that Jamie was abusing his power. If Britney was getting better, why not actually work with her and Larry and Adam and Lynne and Felicia and anybody else she felt close to over the years that could be considered a positive influence, to find an independent financial company (like Bessemer) that they could vet and bring to the judge so at least Britney felt like she had some kind of control and her money wasn't being mismanaged? Maybe this was the case and we just don't know, but wouldn't it make sense for everyone if Jamie truly had her best interests to make her feel heard and confident that she didn't have to worry about her finances because she knew they were in good hands and that Jamie didn't have to worry that she would breakdown and withdraw all the money on something crazy? 

I've said before I think Jamie had good intentions but got corrupted over the years, and I know Britney's situation is complicated, but it just seems like there had to be a better way to give both her and Jamie peace of mind about her money, unless Jamie really was all about keeping the money train going no matter what kind of mental toll it took on his daughter. :bcut_britney_clapboard:

7 minutes ago, ivobb said:

I actually have a personal relationship with a 'conservatorship', my brother is in a conservatorship and my mother is the conservator. But my brother is autistic and schizophrenic, he cannot take care of himself properly, he needs to be told to eat, to take a shower, etc. He doesn't do world tours lol. And most importantly, he's treated with love and actually has control of all the money he has.

Thank you for sharing. Sending nothing but love to you and your family :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

THIS is what a conservatorship is meant for. Maybe Britney was so far gone she needed something like this temporarily. But there's no way that everything in Britney's situation is kosher given the fact that she is expected to work at the level she does yet seems to be denied a voice on issues where she clearly has opinions that should be heard. 

9 hours ago, Dirk said:

I think we thought this was lies, tabloid trash stuff because the c-ship narrative was so strong like, she's getting back to herself, taking care of her health, working out, back to her passion (recording a new album), she looked stunning after awhile and was always smiling back in 2008. The first half of 2008 is so scary tho cause I remember candids of her going to the gym, so bloated and her eyes were really scary to watch, the heavy medication was changing her face.

8 hours ago, britneyluv said:

Exactly. I think people defended her weight gain because it seemed like she was in a much healthier place (which at the time compared to early 2008 and all of 2007 I think she was), and if the medications resulted in some extra pounds, she still looked beautiful and we thought she was in good hands. If only we knew... :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

I also think this is evidence (if we are to actually believe the article) that Jamie was abusing his power. If Britney was getting better, why not actually work with her and Larry and Adam and Lynne and Felicia and anybody else she felt close to over the years that could be considered a positive influence, to find an independent financial company (like Bessemer) that they could vet and bring to the judge so at least Britney felt like she had some kind of control and her money wasn't being mismanaged? Maybe this was the case and we just don't know, but wouldn't it make sense for everyone if Jamie truly had her best interests to make her feel heard and confident that she didn't have to worry about her finances because she knew they were in good hands and that Jamie didn't have to worry that she would breakdown and withdraw all the money on something crazy? 

I've said before I think Jamie had good intentions but got corrupted over the years, and I know Britney's situation is complicated, but it just seems like there had to be a better way to give both her and Jamie peace of mind about her money, unless Jamie really was all about keeping the money train going no matter what kind of mental toll it took on his daughter. :bcut_britney_clapboard:

I posted an article that alluded to these points about in a previous thread.  Yes, while she needed help during that time a conservatorship was drastic and was only supposed to temporary:

'BRITNEY SPEARS HAS BEEN ROBBED, HER SELF-PROCLAIMED LAWYER INSISTS'

'Eardley seeks to move the conservatorship case to federal court and had a deadline of Friday to explain to the court why. In papers filed Friday, Eardley claims he'll offer the court evidence that Spears has been robbed (proof of which he said he'd file under seal on Monday), and that he needed more time to meet the court's deadline but was concerned for the "emotional and physical safety of Britney," because in addition to allegedly being robbed, she's also allegedly being abused. At least for the latter, he's more specific: "Counsel has learned that there has been significant verbal attacks by her live-in father conservator. ... I have been informed of the existence of voice mails, etc., that include verbal abuse." (In a counter-claim, Britney's mother, Lynne Spears, said it was Lutfi who was verbally abusing Britney; Eardley called this perjury and referred to Lutfi as Britney's "best friend.")

But as for the alleged theft, Eardley has yet to name in open court or open documents what specifically has been stolen from the singer (although her father, Jamie, filed a report with the Los Angeles Police Department claiming that valuables had been stolen from her home). Instead, he asked for more time. "Counsel has not had the time to obtain declarations and other evidence in support of this fact," Friday's filing reads. "Counsel will submit on Monday ... an application for leave to amend ... to include federal claims involving witness intimidation, victim intimidation and other federal claims appropriate for this court's review."

Sands claimed the theft is on a grand scale, involving racketeering, wire fraud and money laundering, and that the theft occurred prior to the conservatorship taking place and continues still. Jeffrey Wexler, one of the lawyers for the conservatorship, told MTV News, "We believe that it would be highly inappropriate for us to comment." Sands claimed that there is an ongoing criminal investigation into the matter, but declined to say which agency was involved. As a result, he said, his office has been broken into and documents have been allegedly stolen and/or erased from his computer. "Lives have been threatened," Sands said. "People are being intimidated. It's terrorism. I don't want to make any accusations, but we're talking the financial r*** of Britney Spears."

https://www.mtv.com/news/1582277/britney-spears-has-been-robbed-her-self-proclaimed-lawyer-insists/

24 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

Counsel has learned that there has been significant verbal attacks by her live-in father conservator. ... I have been informed of the existence of voice mails, etc., that include verbal abuse." (In a counter-claim, Britney's mother, Lynne Spears, said it was Lutfi who was verbally abusing Britney; Eardley called this perjury and referred to Lutfi as Britney's "best friend.")

First piece of evidence using Lutfi as the fall guy since 2008. 

You guys really didn’t know how she felt about this after For The Record aired? & to piggyback on that, couldn’t tell this was bad for her as a “drugged up” Britney was introduced in 2009 & became progressively worse at least until 2013 and was pretty much comatose in 2010-2011? Medication to make her compliant...yeah, that’s the way to go! But instead of seeing things for WHAT THEY ARE, let’s just complain cuz she can’t dance while sedated! How lazy she has become!

Some of us have been calling out the conservatorship since 2009 & were quickly shut down & even ridiculed by fellow stans because hEr CoMmErCiAl SuCcEsS...she must be doing well, as she’s selling millions and topping the charts! :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

I knew the articles surrounding everything that came out when the conservatorship was relatively new were NOT bull because Britney had (round about) told us in her own words. But most importantly, actions speak louder than words. Girl was medicated to the point of chemical lobotomy. 

If only the majority would have listened to her.

17 minutes ago, Britney-fan12332143 said:

Dear Britney

if you read this I want you to know that now we are listening. 

You did not deserve for this to happen to you. This is wrong and you deserve your humanity. You deserve respect and you deserve what you do with your money. We will support you 100% with what you do.

Britney asked me to tell you she have read your post on breatheheavy and wanted you to know that she is happy you guys are finally listening to her.

:sneer_purple_hat_smile_smirk_there_tree_:

Archived