Did you know: Britney's VMA promo with Russell Brand had the Overprotected couch and theme!

jennyj

In her MTV VMA comeback promos with Russell Brand, the couch and possibly even the background studio was the same as her original Overprotected video!
They were giving hints all along:  "The elephant in the room is she’s OVERPROTECTIVED" or "The "elephant is the room" is her conservatorship, that's why the couch is the same as in overprotected, because she was deprived of freedom. It also looks like a couch you'll see in a therapist office which could be related to her mental state at the moment."

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, On_Mah_Raydah said:

I thought the elephant was a reference to her 2007 vma performance

Lolol noo... "elephant in the room" is a phrase used when there's an awkward/intense topic that everyone in the room knows about but no one wants to talk about it or face it.

1 minute ago, jennyj said:

Lolol noo... "elephant in the room" is a phrase used when there's an awkward/intense topic that everyone in the room knows about but no one wants to talk about it or face it.

Exactly, she’s promoting the 2008 VMA’s and the elephant in the room is her 2007 VMA performance 

First of all. That VMA promo has to be one of her best looks. Perfection from head to toe. She was serving mature Oopsney/Brirney eraney. She looked so young and pretty during this time period.

Also looking back she was sending so many hints in 2008. And this is definitely one of them.

I have a feeling trapped in elevator aka HUMAN Nature intro was one of them as well.

The elephant in the room was the 2007 performance. That’s been confirmed. Russel asked the president of MTV how was he supposed to do a promo with her without “addressing the elephant in the room” and that’s how they got the idea lol

the couch is a cute reference. Could be a reference to her newly controlled life but that’s just a theory 

How did I never notice this :katyfrog_perry_upset_um:

I think I honestly was too stunned by how amazing she looked to give any serious thought as to why someone decided to put an elephant behind her. Although if this were the 2020 VMA's, I can see her doing the same photoshoot while her team she posts some Instagram about with the caption "Elephants are such GLORIOUS creatures!!!! *tongue emoji, elephant emoji, monkey emoji*, such STRENGTH such GRACE, I can't wait to go to the ZOO once this virus is over!!! Hope y'all appreciate the BEAUTY in our world!!! *laughing, eyeroll, tongue out, bunny, cat, tree emojis*" :britlol_britney_surprised_wow_oh_shocked_choatic:

4 hours ago, Frankie8 said:

Wow I never even thought about why there was an elephant in the promo commercials, but now it does make sense.  I know the elephant in the room phrase but never even put it together between the two.  I didn't even realize it was the same couch either.

The Kid Mero Wow GIF by Desus & Mero

yes, it was indeed very clever; the elephant was just there, and it was not referenced or mentioned or contributed to the promo. it was indeed the elephant in the room who we all pretend is not there.

On 12/29/2020 at 6:26 PM, Pinky98 said:

Exactly, she’s promoting the 2008 VMA’s and the elephant in the room is her 2007 VMA performance 

On 12/29/2020 at 6:41 PM, Needleney said:

Yes, Britney’s 2007 vma performance. 

Right. The other idea is just a theory. 

This promo is awesome! She looked so beautiful and was so charming. When Russell tells her that pretty soon “Brand” would be her surname and she says; “oh gosh” :cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile:

I thought the elephant in the room was pretty clever. But never really recognized the couch from Overprotected, pretty cool.  :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

Archived