Make Me inspired in Dido's Thank You? (Brief analysis) Must read.

Toxic.Latin

Dido's Thank You music video just like MAKE ME original video didn't necessarily have much to do with the song's lyrics, right?. However, if we analyze the symbolism behind the visuals, clearly there is a representation of singing to the loved one as saying "I may lose everything", but "I have you." 

Thank You lyrics Dido song in images

Dido's Thank You Music screen shot.

Dido sings:

"And even if my house falls down now I wouldn't have a clue Because you're near me"

Britney sings:

"The fire comes in, the sky falls down There's no way I'm gonna be fighting this tonight This tonight I just want you to make me move"

In the case of Make Me, "the sky falls down" is clearly a representation of caos, but she is only interested in the loved one.

The fact of destroying the house in your presence (in both cases) exactly symbolizes the aforementioned. Nothing is more important than your presence or your love, even if I have to lose everything. We see this in both videos. A giant machinery destroying everything. In Britney's case, however, she is in charge of destroying her "home" "her empire" in order to stay with the loved one.

Pin en Britney Glory (era B9)

Perhaps that is one of the reasons why Make Me never saw the light. Too much symbolism (not so hidden) that it was actually a cry for help that well complements the original album cover that was released 4 years after its commercial release and in the middle of a legal battle for her fundamental rights.

Coincidence? I do not think so.

Make Me Original Video Deep Dive - Britney Spears - BreatheHeavy | Exhale

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Toxic.Latin said:

Dido's Thank You music video just like MAKE ME original video didn't necessarily have much to do with the song's lyrics, right?. However, if we analyze the symbolism behind the visuals, clearly there is a representation of singing to the loved one as saying "I may lose everything", but "I have you." 

Dido's Thank You Music screen shot.

Dido sings:

"And even if my house falls down now I wouldn't have a clue Because you're near me"

Britney sings:

"The fire comes in, the sky falls down There's no way I'm gonna be fighting this tonight This tonight I just want you to make me move"

In the case of Make Me, "the sky falls down" is clearly a representation of caos, but she is only interested in the loved one.

The fact of destroying the house in your presence (in both cases) exactly symbolizes the aforementioned. Nothing is more important than your presence or your love, even if I have to lose everything. We see this in both videos. A giant machinery destroying everything. In Britney's case, however, she is in charge of destroying her "home" "her empire" in order to stay with the loved one.

Pin en Britney Glory (era B9)

Perhaps that is one of the reasons why Make Me never saw the light. Too much symbolism (not so hidden) that it was actually a cry for help that well complements the original album cover that was released 4 years after its commercial release and in the middle of a legal battle for her fundamental rights.

Coincidence? I do not think so.

Make Me Original Video Deep Dive - Britney Spears - BreatheHeavy | Exhale

I got you :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad: She's calling for Freedom.

Britney, we love you, soon we're gonna celebrate you winning over all that mean people around you  :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Archived