Jessie J hospitalized with Meniere’s disease which left her deaf and unable to walk properly

• Leader

Singer Jessie J was hospitalized during Christmas after being diagnosed with Meniere’s disease, which left her deaf and unable to walk properly.

Jessie said that the inner-ear condition – which can cause vertigo – left her “completely deaf in my right ear” and unable to walk in a straight line.

Jessie J said: “I woke up and felt like I was completely deaf in my right ear, I couldn’t walk in a straight line. Basically, I got told I had Meniere's syndrome.”

“I know that a lot of people suffer from it and I’ve actually had a lot of people reach out to me and give me great advice, so I’ve just been laying low in silence,” the singer, 32, continued. “Now’s the first time I’ve been able to sing and bear it. I just miss singing so much and being around anyone.”

She added: “It could be way worse, it is what it is. I’m super grateful for my health. It just threw me off. On Christmas Eve I was in the ear hospital going, ‘What is going on?’”

Fortunately, doctors have since put her on her medication and she is on the mend. 

I'm glad she's feeling better 🙏 Imagine being a singer and not being able to hear :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

jessie-j-ear.jpg.bc76b7dbbba84a43d3d36183309b95b2.jpg

• Love 2

Yeah, apparently there's no cure for it. You just keep experiencing episodes in the form of symptoms, such as hearing loss, nausea, vertigo (spinning dizziness), and tinnitus (ringing in the ears), until it goes away on its own AFTER 5 TO 15 YEARS... I guess you have to take meds in order to minimize the symptoms. That sounds horrible, especially for a singer. :new_york_breathless_uncannyxman: Sad that she never achieved the success that she deserves considering the fact that she's one of the most talented vocalists of our time. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

• Love 7
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Singer Jessie J was hospitalized during Christmas after being diagnosed with Meniere’s disease, which left her deaf and unable to walk properly.

Jessie said that the inner-ear condition – which can cause vertigo – left her “completely deaf in my right ear” and unable to walk in a straight line.

Jessie J said: “I woke up and felt like I was completely deaf in my right ear, I couldn’t walk in a straight line. Basically, I got told I had Meniere's syndrome.”

“I know that a lot of people suffer from it and I’ve actually had a lot of people reach out to me and give me great advice, so I’ve just been laying low in silence,” the singer, 32, continued. “Now’s the first time I’ve been able to sing and bear it. I just miss singing so much and being around anyone.”

She added: “It could be way worse, it is what it is. I’m super grateful for my health. It just threw me off. On Christmas Eve I was in the ear hospital going, ‘What is going on?’”

Fortunately, doctors have since put her on her medication and she is on the mend. 

I'm glad she's feeling better 🙏 Imagine being a singer and not being able to hear :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

jessie-j-ear.jpg.bc76b7dbbba84a43d3d36183309b95b2.jpg

That explains why she sings so loud and over sings everything. Xtina  should go check herself out as well. Just saying.

All jokes aside, I wish her a speedy recovery. She’s a fellow Whitney fan and I wish her nothing but the best!

I have severe migrain that causes an entire side of my body to go numb. It goes so far that my mouth becomes crook and I lose the ability to speak, I can only rambling. Basically I get all symptoms of a stroke but it turned out to be severe migrain that can't be cured and is unpredictable as to when this occurs. It's been a while year since it last happened but it's scary AF when something happens to your body and you don't know what....

• Love 3
  • Super Mods

I can only imagine how she's feeling :( The worst thing is having a disease for which there is no direct medicine. I got diagnosed with hep B, which apparently my body must defeat on its own. It sux just waiting and hoping healthy living and healthy food will pay off in the end. Although what I have is 1000 times easier than what Jessie is suffering from, I feel for her :( hold on baby girl :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block