My country got nuked by an 6,4 R earthquake today (dec 29th) - update :(

Neydelinska Spearsi

so i wont be here for a few days cuz of possible aftershocks

All  I'm saving is my cash, my latop, backup drives and some clothes

This is the 3rd earthquake over 5,0 Richter nuking my city this year.... Zagreb is doomed

UPDATE

an hour and something ago 6,4 richter earthquake nuked the s hit out of us. me and my 2 friends were doing a shift and suddenly we all started to bump and bounce...nurses strarted screaming and the hospital alarm went off- a siren

i immediately called dad cuz he is old (almost  70) and he didnt pick up so i asked can i go home to see if he is ok... it's a ******* apocalypse outside. our lines are cut off, bricks and stuff everywhere and we were told to expect aftershocks

i told my closest friends ill try to somehow tell them if something worse happens today if and am i okay or not. i'm trying to calm down my cat because he is freaking out. he keeps meowing and hissing and just runs everywhere. full panic mode. i know i cant get him to the vet now so idk should i give him the slowest dose of benzo to calm him down. im a md not a vet

i feel ****ty cuz i left the hospital basically running home to check on dad. i'll go back to finish my shift.

https://www.reuters.com/article/croatia-quake-zagreb/earthquake-of-magnitude-6-4-strikes-near-zagreb-croatia-gfz-idUSFWN2J9016

UPDATE

3,9 Richter kicked as an aftershock. News say ''the next earthquake (not aftershock) wont be ''as strong'' as today's one''

but they told us the same thing yesterday and today ones was stronger and lasted longer  (7:40pm Croatian time)

7 people died so far and they are still actively searching for trapped people. (as of 8pm )

Pls pray for Croatia!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sending you lots of love and peace to you and your family. You should stay calm, a 5,2 earthquake is not dangerous. I know it can be a bit scary if you're not used to them. Stay calm :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

My country (Chile) is one of the countries that has more earthquakes in the world. We're really really used to them. 

I've faced earthquakes with magnitude 8.8 (2010), 8.4 (2015), 7.1 (2016), 7.0(2020) and countless between 5-6.

Anyway, hope your staying safe.

Praying for Croatia(what a beautiful country)

20 hours ago, Fenixxx123 said:

I'm sending you lots of love and peace to you and your family. You should stay calm, a 5,2 earthquake is not dangerous. I know it can be a bit scary if you're not used to them. Stay calm :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

My country (Chile) is one of the countries that has more earthquakes in the world. We're really really used to them. 

I've faced earthquakes with magnitude 8.8 (2010), 8.4 (2015), 7.1 (2016), 7.0(2020) and countless between 5-6.

Anyway, hope your staying safe.

Praying for Croatia(what a beautiful country)

Omg you have experienced an 8.8 earthquake? It must have been a really really scary experience for you and i even heard there was a tsunami in some parts of Chile? i hope you didnt have to go through that too :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

updated today

wont post if we lose the internet lines too (we dont have any telephone lines. the city is completely fuc ed

i'll try to calm down my cat and go back to work and finish my shift

pls pray the aftershocks wont be strong cuz everything has been so damaged so far that even a 4R aftershock can f uck us up for good

there's been 1 child killed in an accident but we dont know much- everything is f ucked and i gotta go back to work so i wont even know much

u can follow it by just googling- croatia earthquake december 2020 or something. i dont have a telephone line working so i cant see **** and call anyone. and as im in covid hospital- wont have time to follow up

i'll try to come here in few hrs if everything is ok

On 12/28/2020 at 10:09 AM, Justin Woodpond said:

I’m sorry to hear you’re having such a terrible year. We all are. So you’re not alone. Hang in there!
The title is a slight exaggeration, considering the earthquake was a very moderate 5.2 magnitude. There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage. No buildings collapsed. No infrastructure ruined. And thankfully no deaths.

not yesterday maybe but today a child died from another, bigger one. dont be a p rick and google the pics- zagreb is completely ****ed up. by corona and the earthquakes too!

and btw we are not a country that's used to having earthquakes at all. they happen once in 100 yrs maybe and zagreb has been in the news ww this year because we have been nuked in june and yesterday and today

See the pics. Not bad enough for you?

https://www.index.hr/vijesti/clanak/puno-srusenih-kuca-u-petrinji-cuju-se-krici-ima-ozlijedjenih-i-poginulih/2242460.aspx

12 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I live in California so sadly I’m used to them, but hope for the best! Croatia is on the top of my list of countries I want to visit once I’m able to get back to traveling 

Nostradamus has predicted that in 2021 California will experience the “big one” :straddle_britney_pink_yoga_meditation_bounce_legs_spread_gym:

Glad I left San Francisco :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Croatia is in my thoughts :pensiveney_britney_praying_ftr_for_the_record_2008_circus_vmas_thinking:

24 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I live in California so sadly I’m used to them, but hope for the best! Croatia is on the top of my list of countries I want to visit once I’m able to get back to traveling 

California? :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Do you live near the sea or inland? 

4 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I feel like they’ve been predicting that for years 

They have been lol but it has become more of a serious question since the 9.1 earthquake and mega-tsunami struck Japan in 2011, California is perfectly lined onto the pacific ring fault like Japan is so there is such a possibility :shake_excited_pink_bounce_yay_pumped_anxious: 

23 minutes ago, Grumpy Cat said:

not yesterday maybe but today a child died from another, bigger one. dont be a p rick and google the pics- zagreb is completely ****ed up. by corona and the earthquakes too!

and btw we are not a country that's used to having earthquakes at all. they happen once in 100 yrs maybe and zagreb has been in the news ww this year because we have been nuked in june and yesterday and today

See the pics. Not bad enough for you?

https://www.index.hr/vijesti/clanak/puno-srusenih-kuca-u-petrinji-cuju-se-krici-ima-ozlijedjenih-i-poginulih/2242460.aspx

Mam, I cannot see into the future, so you should not attack me for something that was yet to happen..referring to your previous title. I see you’ve changed it. But hey, if your looking for sympathy and support you have it ❤️ All the best 

56 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

California? :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Do you live near the sea or inland? 

They have been lol but it has become more of a serious question since the 9.1 earthquake and mega-tsunami struck Japan in 2011, California is perfectly lined onto the pacific ring fault like Japan is so there is such a possibility :shake_excited_pink_bounce_yay_pumped_anxious: 

Thankfully I’m more inland by the mountains, but yeah I’ve grown up with these predictions every year. I’d rather let life happen than be constantly scared about what may happen 

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

Omg a 6.4 aftershock? Its pretty usual for aftershocks to be bigger than the earthquake itself so i suggest to hold on tight because there might be much bigger aftershocks and keep a aid kit with you always. Praying for you <3

That wasn't an aftershock. It was a new earthquake or some ahit. But it's not unusual for this to happen. Its misconception that aftershocks are necessarily weaker than the main one.

Anyhow cuvaj se Grumpy. I live 40 kilometers from Petrinja and we felt its "good" it was scary as hell. I was in caffe. And swear to God entire building started to shift left and right. Every glass on shelf fell down. And then ppl started to panic.

Archived