Aaliyah's estate: 2021 is the year of Aaliyah

Jordan Miller

At the time of her death, She was cast in Honey (went to Jessica Alba), Sparkle (went to Jordin Sparks), and the 2 Matrix films (some scenes were filmed and is part of a now deleted Box set), Her third album to some critics was the best r&B album of 2001 as it didn't sound current but several timbaland beats would go go to help a certain it. 

Without The stuttering electro beats of we need a resolution there would be no Future/Lovesounds five years after the final album. 

So she was ahead of her time. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Stefani said:

Neither do I. I understand that she had a few hits in the 90s and early 2000s, but that aside, I never thought she was a particularly impressive artist. Try Again slays though. 

tbh i didnt even hear about her til she unfortunately was killed in the plane crash then i heard her music playing nonstop on music channels. tbf though i was only 10  and she was more marketed to young adults wasnt she?

still a shame she was killed at such a young age, only 22 !

On 12/27/2020 at 2:27 PM, ColdAsFire88 said:

They were supposed to release her stuff on streaming platforms last year so I won’t be holding my breath :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

I was going to say that! I hear this about once a year and nothing ever comes of it. I'll believe it when Michelle Visage wears a turtle neck and Santino wins a sewing challenge. 

Spoiler

source.gif 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, GODNEY IS A QUEEN said:

Beyoncé is more Tina Turner, if anything and Aaliyah resembles Janet far more.

Tina influenced Beyoncé the ICON, while Janet and Michael influenced Beyoncé the ARTIST, the PERFORMER, (Aaliyah even said Janet and Michael are her idols and everything from music to photoshoots to videos to style etc. Screams Janet

But i respect your opinion. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block