Today in Pop: BoA & Britney Spears Special on SBS (December 26, 2003)

britboa.jpg.65d47b10c804fe18b422f5a2ee84cd9a.jpg 022.jpg

Today the BoA & Britney Spears Christmas Special on SBS took place! Britney was in South Korea promoting In The Zone and BoA (thankfully) coincidentally was promoting her single "Rock With You".

Throughout the special, the two took turns performing, interview, and interacted with other onstage. It was a missed opportunity they didn't perform together though (imagine a 'Look Who’s Talking' performance together)!

(TVXQ also debuted at the end that night too!)

Also just like Britney Sunbaenim (Spears) at the 2011 VMAs and 2017 RDMA, at the MAMA Awards earlier this month, BoA had other artists tributing her despite her having a comeback less than a week from it. Just like Britney at those awards, BoA could have performed her own songs herself (but thankfully she eventually did)!

Following from https://boa-video.blogspot.com/2013/01/boa-kwon-britney-spears-special.html:

Part 1
Summary:
Song - I Got That Boom Boom (Britney Spears)
Song - Rock With U (BoA Kwon)
BoA & Britney say hi to each other (BoA gives Britney a present!)

Part 2
Summary:
Song - a Atlantis Princess (BoA Kwon)
Song - Me against the Music (Britney Spears)
Interview with Britney Spears
 Song - Boys (Britney Spears)
 Song - I'm a slave for U (Britney Spears)

Part 3
Summary:
Song - Shine We Are (BoA Kwon)
Interview with BoA Kwon followed by a look at some of the stuff she's done

Part 4
Summary:
Song -Valenti (BoA Kwon)
Song -No. 1 (BoA Kwon)
 A video diary by Britney Spears of her first trip to South Korea followed by an interview with her

Part 5
Summary:
Song - Toxic (Britney Spears)
Song - O Holy Night (by TVXQ/DBSK and BoA Kwon)
Song - Hug  (by TVXQ/DBSK)

8 American Celebrities Wearing Hanbok — SweetandtastyTV

I also really recommend everyone give BoA discography a go! Her discography and trajectory is extremely similar to Britney's, she debuted at 15 years old and still going strong!

Just like @Hooked-On-Knee said, "BoA stans love Britney. A lot of them stan Britney (2001), Blackout, and In The Zone because of the similarities in that album to BoA's discography."

Please stream her new 10th album (just released this month) celebrating her 20 years of career 'BETTER'! Here's the title track:

Also for those not familiar with her, you might be familiar with her Western/English debut from 2008!

• Love 7
  • Like 2
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today the BoA & Britney Spears Christmas Special on SBS took place! Britney was in South Korea promoting In The Zone and BoA (thankfully) coincidentally was promoting her single "Rock With You".

I love it   Apparently it was pre-recorded on December 09, but it aired on the 26 also, was it around this time when this happened?  

2003 was such a good year  I was 15 years old   already thinking on how to survive in a homophobic world  such memories 

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

Also BoA is still so relevant even to this day to the point she got BTS (Army) fans MAD when SM spilled that it was because of her that SK artists like BTS are even successful in the U.S. :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

Yes PERIODT it had to be said. Even tho I LOVE BTS and Stan for them and etc. (I love V he so fine) but it’s kinda true. Because of her Korean artist started to come to the US and become successful, even tho they did do it too early now more and come and be successful because of her, and before BTS we had The Wonder Girls, PSY, and etc. No hate all love and BTS Army don’t do voodoo and/or manifest hate only manifest love :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, thebritmaster said:

Jive records was amazing and always fed the fans  :neydedance_purple:

You guys used to hate Jive back then, don't play it chill now! The gays are so high maintenance..... But not being able to type the right track listing for one of the biggest living pop stars of our time is beyond me.