Nick Carter talks Britney Spears and "Matches" (new interview)

I don't think there's anything weird about it. AJ already spilled the tea: they recorded the song for themselves, scrapped it, Britney recorded it and the label pasted both parts to make it a duet, because they can.

Nick obviously doesn't know what to say, because probably he thinks he's not supposed to say it's a 2017 track (thus making it look like they recorded it recently from a "safe" place).

I know it's very tempting to make this a conservatorship-related issue, but even if the conservatorship didn't exist, this is something pretty normal when it comes to record labels. Kylie Minogue's In My Arms was released as a duet in different regions, with different singers. In Mexico's case, the duet was done with Aleks Syntek, and it was all done by the record label. They didn't meet each other until like 3 years later when they finally performed the song together, but prior to that, I doubt Kylie even knew who Aleks Syntek was.

• Like 9
15 minutes ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

I didn't know that. It has long been alleged that he was physically abusive towards Paris Hilton and cheated on her as well. So he definitely wasn't a prize even when he was pressed about Britney back in the day. He's always been jealous of her & Justin imo.

I still remember his sad attempt to go solo after JT. I'm probably the only one that does. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Ill tag u on the comment I made with the videos. And theres this one he says the superbowl Nsync and Britney did was offered to BSB first :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

2:05

Btw, Britneys former dancer seems to like Justin, he shared a story when they were all hanging out and doing dumb stuff like showing their ***** to people that were being rude to them lol. Its that blonde one from the oops tour. And he called Nick out a lot of times for what his wife accused Nick of. 

Idk If he got his hands on Paris, but he has always been a mess tbh. His family was ****ed up, his sister od'd at an early age, we all know about Aaron. He seemed to have an angry management problem, etc etc. 

Tbh? Nick was way better good looking than Justin and when I was a kid I asked myself why didnt the hottest girl in the world date the other popular boy band dude who was more handsome than Justin lol, but well, even tho Justin was a ******* mess himself after the breakup, Nick seemed a ******* trainwreck at best. So yeah, Britney dodget a bullet with him. 

I wouldnt be surprised If he was jealous of Justin dating Britney, who wouldnt be?

Fun fact: Aaron opened for Britney on the oops tour. And heres him saying Justin was the big bro he never had on a special narrated by his brother :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

2:23

Actually Nicks debut was at the same time of Justins but like a week before or smt, I remember at the time every article was pitting them against each other, but Justins music was more commercial, people were interested in all the drama surrounding him and Britney. i remember at the time Carson mentioned the rumours about Britney dating Nick, and Justin wasnt pleased of hearing about that, even tho Carson said he knew it wasnt true :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNMNYw8B-oTHf8MXnhbyx

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSc-o34s2kQyvsXDqmzC3n

:ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

12 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't think there's anything weird about it. AJ already spilled the tea: they recorded the song for themselves, scrapped it, Britney recorded it and the label pasted both parts to make it a duet, because they can.

Nick obviously doesn't know what to say, because probably he thinks he's not supposed to say it's a 2017 track (thus making it look like they recorded it recently from a "safe" place).

I know it's very tempting to make this a conservatorship-related issue, but even if the conservatorship didn't exist, this is something pretty normal when it comes to record labels. Kylie Minogue's In My Arms was released as a duet in different regions, with different singers. In Mexico's case, the duet was done with Aleks Syntek, and it was all done by the record label. They didn't meet each other until like 3 years later when they finally performed the song together, but prior to that, I doubt Kylie even knew who Aleks Syntek was.

I get where your coming from but most artist if any at all are not in a public legal battle over their human rights. Its just so weird to me how everyone acts like nothing is going on and its just business as usual. 

Plus his response made it sound like it was done safely in studios insinuating corona somehow effected how this was recorded when it was done in 2017 when corona wasn't even around. 

I agree its normal for the industry and record labels to do this but Britneys situation is anything but normal. Hes been in the industry 20 plus years there's no way he hasn't been media trained for him to stumble the way he did speaks volumes for me.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Busybee said:

I still haven't heard it in full ive only heard clips in vids like this. You'd think they would have prepped them for questions like these. 

Props to the interviewer for asking. Her response was lik ooookay :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:. Even she could tell his answers were odd.

True, they should know what to say. The interviewer is a Britney fan, she's always commenting "Brit" IG posts.

Well believe me you are lucky, Matches is... So not good. Lol :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

4 minutes ago, Busybee said:

I get where your coming from but most artist if any at all are not in a public legal battle over their human rights. Its just so weird to me how everyone acts like nothing is going on and its just business as usual. 

Plus his response made it sound like it was done safely in studios insinuating corona somehow effected how this was recorded when it was done in 2017 when corona wasn't even around. 

I agree its normal for the industry and record labels to do this but Britneys situation is anything but normal. Hes been in the industry 20 plus years there's no way he hasn't been media trained for him to stumble the way he did speaks volumes for me.

because it IS business as usual, for RCA anyways. They obviously don't care if Britney is under a conservatorship or two, she's still signed under a contract with them and they have to do something with it. Only they and Britney (her team) know what are the clauses of that contract, and only they know why they prefer to keep her instead of dropping her if she's refusing to work.

If fans hadn't taken Glory to #1 on that iTunes chart earlier this year, they wouldn't have released any of these re-issues. They're obviously trying to take advantage of that interest, and it has nothing to do with the course the conservatorship has taken. It's more than evident that they don't need the permission of neither Britney or the Backstreet Boys to release this, because they own their recordings.

The only thing "Nick stumbling" speaks to me is that he's too full of himself to accept he had no idea the record label was releasing it as part of Britney's album, and they only found out once it was out, so he's just playing along with the media's idea that this is a new song. AJ on the contrary was pretty chill to tell how things really went, and that he was the one "calling the managers" AFTER finding out the duet existed, to make that video he wants to do (in his dreams).

• Like 4
1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

because it IS business as usual, for RCA anyways. They obviously don't care if Britney is under a conservatorship or two, she's still signed under a contract with them and they have to do something with it. Only they and Britney (her team) know what are the clauses of that contract, and only they know why they prefer to keep her instead of dropping her if she's refusing to work.

If fans hadn't taken Glory to #1 on that iTunes chart earlier this year, they wouldn't have released any of these re-issues. They're obviously trying to take advantage of that interest, and it has nothing to do with the course the conservatorship has taken. It's more than evident that they don't need the permission of neither Britney or the Backstreet Boys to release this, because they own their recordings.

The only thing "Nick stumbling" speaks to me is that he's too full of himself to accept he had no idea the record label was releasing it as part of Britney's album, and they only found out once it was out, so he's just playing along with the media's idea that this is a new song. AJ on the contrary was pretty chill to tell how things really went, and that he was the one "calling the managers" AFTER finding out the duet existed, to make that video he wants to do (in his dreams).

Yes but when I say business as usual I'm not talking about the label I 100% agree with you record labels are going to do what they do, its their right. 

For artist and interviewers to talk about her without mentioning the elephant in the room is a mind boggling to me. In this instance I think the interviewer tried to bring it up in a very subtle way but his answers were all over the place. Even Aj asking for a video is is messed up given her circumstances he doesn't need to know details to know shes caught in a legal battle. And that's what I'm referring to everyone just carries on like business a usual. 

I would have to disagree with you on the last part about him being full of himself in this instance. Because I just have a hard time believing he wouldn't know that a song with such heavy nostalgia wouldn't be brought up especially when he covered a Britney song. He's been a veteran too long to not prepare what was coming. 

wow, he's definitely a pro at answering questions after all those years of experience with BSB... I HATE his speaking voice though, I can't believe he's a grown a ss man with a 5-year-old voice.

And stop talking ish about the new songs in the Glory reissue, they are actually good, like 95% of whatever Britney records. "Matches" is a BOP, and if you can't hear that then wtf are you stanning 90s biggest popstars.

Also, the fact that whoever "rejected" a song doesn't mean that they did it because the song is bad or because they had poor judgement and made a mistake and then regret it. Some songs just are not meant for certain artists, because of the lyrics or the overall sound or vibe or whatever, or even the moment in their careers/lives.

I think, his interview SCREAMS deflection. I also don’t think that’s his fault. RCA clearly told the band they were re releasing it as Britney and when pressed to say it was recorded safely apart for covid, but be general, other than fans, the GP will buy it as a recent recording. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Yall ever worked in a bar or shop and seen how dumb the customers are? That’s how easy it is. :katyfrog_perry_upset_um:

if anything his stuttering helps support that he isn’t too comfortable with the lie himself but he’s under pressure from his label to not speak about britneys situation. Theyre “label friends” the “label” is in charge of his music, his voice, what they release, what they say. :pika_pikachu_slap_fighting_hitting_mad:

I know this was the case for touring but do you think her record deal has the “must be in a cship clause as well?” I think it does.

and we are only getting a few people, like Cher, actual people in the industry (not billy b) saying everyone’s heard stuff for years. He knows and probably wishes he could say it was an old recording, or unreleased album, they decided to release for the fans, for nostalgia and for the low amount of work being produced due to the pandemic. It’s so easy to say that and he didn’t. So he doesn’t want to lie. 

what I’m trying to say is, what he didn’t say speaks volumes to me. :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, MysticWomaney said:

I think, his interview SCREAMS deflection. I also don’t think that’s his fault. RCA clearly told the band they were re releasing it as Britney and when pressed to say it was recorded safely apart for covid, but be general, other than fans, the GP will buy it as a recent recording. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Yall ever worked in a bar or shop and seen how dumb the customers are? That’s how easy it is. :katyfrog_perry_upset_um:

if anything his stuttering helps support that he isn’t too comfortable with the lie himself but he’s under pressure from his label to not speak about britneys situation. Theyre “label friends” the “label” is in charge of his music, his voice, what they release, what they say. :pika_pikachu_slap_fighting_hitting_mad:

I know this was the case for touring but do you think her record deal has the “must be in a cship clause as well?” I think it does.

and we are only getting a few people, like Cher, actual people in the industry (not billy b) saying everyone’s heard stuff for years. He knows and probably wishes he could say it was an old recording, or unreleased album, they decided to release for the fans, for nostalgia and for the low amount of work being produced due to the pandemic. It’s so easy to say that and he didn’t. So he doesn’t want to lie. 

what I’m trying to say is, what he didn’t say speaks volumes to me. :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

I agree with this point of view. Thats why I said its awkward for them to address it without actually addressing it. This whole thing is a mess and shouldn't have been done in my opinion. 

It seems no one associated with it was actually involved. I think Pokemonspears made a great point that the record label capatilized off of the interest of Glory which is clearly their right since they own the music but I've seen it posted a few times that it was gift to fans from her when its not the case. 

It may not directly effect her conservatorship since the record label doesn't have anything to do with it, but it indirectly confirms that things can be done without her approval. And this may not be a big deal for any other artist but for Britney  I find it alarming because she already doesn't have much leverage over them. If her only way of fighting back is to stop working and they do stuff like this what chance does she have?

• Like 1