Mariah Carey: artists make very little money from streams

Jordan Miller

3 hours ago, SumoCyco2017 said:

Ur wrong. a simple google search of the real writer behind mariahs all i want for xmas would show u tons of articles and videos of the real writer draggin her arse

Didn't know that. I only read interviews from Mariah and the producer who are always talking about each other. I am not a fan of Mariah so yeah I don't really know what hoes on behind the scenes but it's interesting to dive deeper into this. thanks for sharing!

• Love 1
On 12/26/2020 at 8:13 PM, Arickwitana said:

Bruh its mariah effing carey. The vocals are gold and she wrote this song. She has 19 #1 songs (all of whicj shes written, except 1 cover). old town road (no disrespect to old town road bc its great song) barely broke her record for one sweet day that held the longest running #1 for like like 20 years. She has two songs of the decade- one sweet day 90s, and we belong together in the 2000s. Shes the only artist with #1s in 4 different decades. Shes queen shes legend. 

this is aint no surprise. 

Ur a delusional sheep arent u? Oops meant lamb, but is there a diff? She didnt write mow and she doesnt write any other song. She garbles out the lyrics that r thrown at her and the producers pitch tf out of her recordings to get the iconic MC we know. Have u not heard her live in the last i unno...15 years? I mean granted shes pilled out on percs but i can carry a tune on some pills so???:shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

1 hour ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Didn't know that. I only read interviews from Mariah and the producer who are always talking about each other. I am not a fan of Mariah so yeah I don't really know what hoes on behind the scenes but it's interesting to dive deeper into this. thanks for 

We wrote the melody together and all the chords and all the music that you hear… And then she went off and she wrote her lyric, which she does to every song that we’ve ever written. … She absolutely contributed to the melody. Here’s how it goes. In this case we were at the piano, and I played a series of chords, kind of like a boogie-woogie, one of those like Louis Prima, old-school rock piano kind of things, which is obvious when you hear the song. Mariah didn’t play the piano, I did. So in playing these series of chords, she started to develop a melody for the verse that led to interval, interval, interval, that she went back and forth with me — we changed this, we didn’t like that, we went somewhere else – a series of events that songwriters will have with each other. And finally coming up with pretty much what we both thought was a really good musical bed, knowing where it was going to go as the melody of the song. Of course, there were no lyrics yet, because when we’re writing together, she doesn’t like to immediately start writing the lyrics, so that was something that came later. But sitting at the piano, we created a melody/chordal progression song. I went home to San Francisco, she stayed in New York, and I made the entire track of what you hear, excluding the vocals, of course, and did that on my own. She was never in the room. I produced and recorded and arranged and played every single instrumental on the track, on my own, knowing that I think she would like this or wouldn’t like that. I then brought the truck back to her in New York, and she obviously liked everything, and we started to record vocals.

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/mariah-carey-all-i-want-for-christmas-co-writer-walter-afanasieff-interview-1203447527/amp/

So: Thank you Walter Afanasieff, sorry but popstars should also give credit! :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

On 12/29/2020 at 3:06 AM, SumoCyco2017 said:

Ur a delusional sheep arent u? Oops meant lamb, but is there a diff? She didnt write mow and she doesnt write any other song. She garbles out the lyrics that r thrown at her and the producers pitch tf out of her recordings to get the iconic MC we know. Have u not heard her live in the last i unno...15 years? I mean granted shes pilled out on percs but i can carry a tune on some pills so???:shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

So amusing that both of us stan Britney Spears and you want to bring down Mariah's songwriting and vocals by making random claims. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

• Love 1
On 12/28/2020 at 10:18 PM, SumoCyco2017 said:

The real shade in this thread is that yall think she wrote this song lmao. The real song writer came forward a few years ago and **** her face thru the mud with her claims. Mariah is just like beyonce, dont write nothin or produce or compose shet, just be changin one tiny word and takin credit for the whole dayum thing. And yall say u stans. Tsk

Mariah has writing credits on pretty much almost anything in her discography, she has also composed songs before. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

The co-writer of All I Want For Christmas Is You just wanted more public recognition from Mariah for his role in the creation of the song, he didn't claim that Mariah didn't do anything. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Aymama said:

Let us all remember that the coin Mariah speaks of being too little, would be able to retire some of us. Lmao 

Mariah is so incredibly rich that she's way out of touch about the value of money. I think her comment was intended to let us know she cares about it more than just the money.

As far as how much Britney earns on Spotify for streaming, I wonder if her percentage is higher than some other artists? She was the first major artist to make a deal with Spotify and helped promote it. Who knows what she's getting out of it. I'm sure the percentage payout varies for all kinds of reasons.

6 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Mariah has writing credits on pretty much almost anything in her discography, she has also composed songs before. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

The co-writer of All I Want For Christmas Is You just wanted more public recognition from Mariah for his role in the creation of the song, he didn't claim that Mariah didn't do anything. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

He literally said shes been claiming she wrote it when she was 10 years old which is a lie because i wrote it and she changed a word. And then laughed at the notion of mariah actually being able to write a song. Ur high if u think her pilled out af self can form to words together on paper let alone make a hit song

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block