Is Britney Jean underrated?   

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is an insult of an album. The lyrics and beats of the songs are cheap and tacky. Another person is singing a significant amount of the songs/ parts of songs. That alone is a sham that people parted with their money for this scam. 0/10. In the bin it went. Schitts Creek Do Not Want GIF by CBC

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only like perfume, don’t cry, now that I found you and hold on tight. Work ***** is awful. I was hyped for the album until I heard that. The vocals kill it the most but I always found the song to be ****ty lyric wise especially as it felt like her teams song to her. 

5 minutes ago, Anticonformity said:

Yeah the beloved Blackout ( :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:) and Get Naked is such a masterpiece with 50% of Danja and Britney saying Get Naked 333 times in the song just puts any songwriter to shame :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

Or Femme Fatale's "I-i-i wanna go-o-o all the w-a-a-y.." lyrics are super sophisticated... :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

12 minutes ago, Anticonformity said:

Yeah the beloved Blackout ( :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:) and Get Naked is such a masterpiece with 50% of Danja and Britney saying Get Naked 333 times in the song just puts any songwriter to shame :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

It's not always the sophistication that makes lyric writing good. BJ writing is just real cringy. Also doesn't sound any good melodically. Even DYWCO's writing, which is literally about coming over for a quick ****, outsold. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

Should we really be discussing whether it’s an underrated album or not. Britney doesn’t sing on most of it, and even when she does, she doesn’t sound present. 

Had Britney recorded a full body of work, we could evaluate it throughly and fairly. Alas, we cannot, and never will be able to.

There are some potential gems on Britney Jean, even if the production is horrid and/or not aging well. But it’s a dud considering everything in the mix. 

7 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Should we really be discussing where it’s an underrated or not. Britney doesn’t sing on most of the album, and even when she does, she doesn’t sound present. A lot sounds ‘phoned in’

Had Britney recorded a full body of work, we could evaluate it throughly and fairly. Alas, we cannot, and never will be able to.

There are some potential gems on Britney Jean, even if the production is not aging well. But it’s a dud considering everything in the mix.

I'm just judging the songs on their own, not whether Britney sings them or not... and I feel like it doesn't matter because non-stans can't tell that it's not Britney's voice... :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

42 minutes ago, STJ said:

I'm just judging the songs on their own, not whether Britney sings them or not... and I feel like it doesn't matter because non-stans can't tell that it's not Britney's voice... :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

Perhaps you should re-title the post to “Individually are the songs on BJ underrated”

Remember, without Britney’s name, image, or likeness, most, if not all, of these songs would remain buried (and rotting) in the the digital graveyard of YouTube knockoffs.

But who am I to argue with your opinion, I’m just talking about taste, quality, and artistry. Each to their own. Eh.

I actually enjoy the album and have never had a major problem with it. It helped me get through 2 different painful breakups at various times in my life. I actually have found myself listening to this album more than Femme Fatale. 

My biggest annoyance surrounding this album is how new fans will hate on this album automatically without even listening to it. It has become a very annoying bandwagon to jump on, which is typical in the Britney fan community. It’s ok to not like an album, but I’ve seen brand new fans that have only been fans for less than a year say they hate this album then say they haven’t fully listened to it all the way through. My other annoyance with this community is I have seen fans say they love Britney Jean but then here comes the Britney Army trash talking them calling them a “fake fan” and stuff. I have noticed if you don’t like the same albums, songs, etc. that are the general Britney Army faves, you are looked down on, which is not ok! 

Over the years as I’ve gotten older, I have learned the Britney Army can be very negative sometimes, especially on this forum. I have learned to sort of roll with the punches though and not let them ever alter my own opinion on a Britney album, song, pic, music video, etc. We all have different opinions and it’s ok to agree to disagree. :) 

It sounds like a demo album for some aspiring singer who wants to be Britney. It’s a stain on her discography, it’s a mess, and it’s not underrated at all. 

The fact that someone else sang a good chunk of the main vocals on the album should be the biggest indicator of how little Britney cared for the project. 

Archived