Is Britney Jean underrated?   

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I listened to Britney Jeans like 6 or 7 times in 2020 (because I had to make a Britney game on another pop forum, where I pick each song from the 9 albums everyday that are similar and people rank them 1-9, let me know if you guys want that game here :unbelievableney_happy_smile_joy_overjoyed_excited_yay:)...

...and you know what? Britney Jeans is so underrated and unfairly hated by the stanbase and other people. They didn't give the album a listen or enough listens to really get into the songs. 

Songs like Body Ache, Til It's Gone, Now That I Found You and Hold On Tight are bops that stick in your mind. 

#Justice4BritneyJean

Britney_Jean.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

No. Even the most diehard fans give the album 5/10 at max and while there are some messy bops in the album, it's where it belongs to rating wise :chershade_red_wig_oh_hair_hmm:

I'm a Die Hard.mp4 fan and I give the album a solid 8/10 :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

BJ is a weird moment in her discography. It’s kinda just there. If it wasn’t for Work *****, and one or 2 other tracks I’d never listen to it. 

If it were actually her singing on the songs (she’s literally on maybe 25% of the entire album) it would feel so different. The songs aren’t bad, but it’s just not up to standard with the other music. I dunno, sometimes I don’t know what to think about it. 

3 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

BJ is a weird moment in her discography. It’s kinda just there. If it wasn’t for Work *****, and one or 2 other tracks I’d never listen to it. 

If it were actually her singing on the songs (she’s literally on maybe 25% of the entire album) it would feel so different. The songs aren’t bad, but it’s just not up to standard with the other music. I dunno, sometimes I don’t know what to think about it. 

I don't like Work ***** that much compared to other upbeat songs like Til It's Gone or It Should Be Easy :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Being a bop isn't enough to be considered good. It's not hard to make a catchy song, which is why Basic Jingles is so embarrassing. Half the songs are literally on the level of nursery rhymes when it comes to lyricism. Furthermore, half the songs being sung by a background vocalist doesn't help either. :new_york_breathless_uncannyxman:

1. Alien (could've been good, but Britney sounds really bad on it - her voice is super grating and monotone)
  2. Work Bish (won't comment on this song because the majority of the fanbase seems to love it)
  3. Perfume (good song)
  4. It Should Be Easy (nursery rhyme lyrics)
  5. Tik Tik Boom (chorus is painfully generic)
  6. Body Ache (nursery rhyme lyrics)
  7. Til It's Gone (good song, but Myah ruins it with her presence)
  8. Passenger (would be good in another artist's discography, but the lyrics don't make sense in the context of Britney)
  9. Chillin' With You (awful production, and not even singing the song that was supposed to be a cute duet with your sister is SUPER embarrassing)
  10. Don't Cry (good song)
  11. Brightest Morning Star (good song)
  12. Hold on Tight (good song)
  13. Now That I Found You (it's ok, but it sounds like a really cheap Avicii rip-off)

That leaves us with 5/6 good songs, whereas the rest are either downright awful or were ruined by awful vocals / production. :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

15 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Being a bop isn't enough to be considered good. It's not hard to make a catchy song, which is why Basic Jingles is so embarrassing. Half the songs are literally on the level of nursery rhymes when it comes to lyricism. Furthermore, half the songs being sung by a background vocalist doesn't help either. :new_york_breathless_uncannyxman:

1. Alien (could've been good, but Britney sounds really bad on it - her voice is super grating and monotone)
  2. Work Bish (won't comment on this song because the majority of the fanbase seems to love it)
  3. Perfume (good song)
  4. It Should Be Easy (nursery rhyme lyrics)
  5. Tik Tik Boom (chorus is painfully generic)
  6. Body Ache (nursery rhyme lyrics)
  7. Til It's Gone (good song, but Myah ruins it with her presence)
  8. Passenger (would be good in another artist's discography, but the lyrics don't make sense in the context of Britney)
  9. Chillin' With You (awful production, and not even singing the song that was supposed to be a cute duet with your sister is SUPER embarrassing)
  10. Don't Cry (good song)
  11. Brightest Morning Star (good song)
  12. Hold on Tight (good song)
  13. Now That I Found You (it's ok, but it sounds like a really cheap Avicii rip-off)

That leaves us with 5/6 good songs, whereas the rest are either downright awful or were ruined by awful vocals / production. :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

Hi sis, I don't know if you remember me, but I sort of remember you... though I can't find the topics where I've conversed with you... maybe I got the wrong person.

1046818F-A62C-4AC1-BBAA-87E79E895C72.png.f008876b51a59df7e390d2b2ef52ed5a.png

I disagree with everything you wrote, except for when you say they are good songs. 

1046818F-A62C-4AC1-BBAA-87E79E895C72.png.f008876b51a59df7e390d2b2ef52ed5a.png

Nah, it’s not underrated. I’ll admit some fans treat it like the worst thing to happen to pop (when it isn’t :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:) but even at most it’s just a fine album, but it simply isn’t up to the standards Britney raised herself too quality-wise. And like @iAlwaysSingLive said, a bop =/= quality. I mean if this album was out by another artist, it would be classic as “good”. But boo we r talking of thee Britney Spears whom has delivered some of the most iconic albums by the turn of this century. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: Not too mention we have a background vocalist singing most of her songs and when I see her perform Work Work I feel so weird, because she is technically not even lip-syncing to her own vocals (hate you RCA :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:). What’s worser is how they hyped the album up till it’s release, like saying it was going to be so personal and her own Ray of light and then you get songs like Chilling with you :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp: I honestly would have enjoyed the album more if it were released as an EP with a short tracklist filled with may good-great songs :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm::

Britney Jean EP:

1. Alien
  2. Work Work
  3. Till it’s gone
  4. Don’t Cry
  5. Brightest Morning Star
  6. Hold on tight

Deluxe Edition:

7. Perfume

8. Tik tik boom

Maybe if it were released with a tracklist like this, it would receive much better GP and critics-wise and it would lead anticipating for her next album and then Glory would be released. Unfortunately, this is what it snow and we shal be doomed to live with songs like It should be easy. Overall, we are basically being nice by giving it a 7/10 but our true rating would be way below that :bedtime_britney_book_Reading: 

i gave it enough listens back in 2013 to convince myself it wasn’t that bad. It worked for the first months, but after that I stopped listening to it and now i find it terrible, sorry. Bad production, fake vocals, the sound aged terribly. I’m not biased, it’s the truth. Britney always gives us amazing albums, this was a let down.

I think stans over-hate it but it's not great. Like most people have said, half is good half is ... Songs. Mix in overhyped, Britney not singing, etc and yeah.

Love the album art though, and Work ***** is one of her most iconic songs. I also love Perfume, idek. Alien, Don't Cry, Brightest Morning Star, and Hold on Tight are great songs though (I like Passenger a lot but I think it's a Myah song lol)

Archived