Lana Del Rey hasn't released her album that was supposed to be an apology for her other delayed album

Urbanney

Lana-Del-Rey-Summertime.jpg

So, if you've been following Lana Del Rey at all this past year, you'll know her album that was supposed to be released this year has been a MESS. 

• First, it was announced a new album titled "White Hot Forever" would be released in 2020
  • In May 2020, Lana went on a huge rant namedropping other women in the music industry, and then announced the album would be coming September 5
  • The album was renamed to "Chemtrails Over the Country Club"
  • September 5 came and went with no release and no comment from Lana
  • Lana then announced that the album would be delayed for months due to there being months of delay in vinyls 

So then, Lana announces that she will be releasing a covers album as a sort of apology and to hold fans over due to the delay of "Chemtrails over the Country Club." The covers album would be titled "American Standards & Classics." She then released a cover of George Gershwin's "Summertime," so it seemed like the covers album was on schedule.

Well, December 25th is either already over or almost over for the majority of the world and Lana hasn't released or mentioned the covers album that was supposed to be released today as an apology for her other delayed album.

Lana fans have been arguing saying "fans aren't entitled to anything" versus "yeah, but this is super unprofessional and we're the ones that give her a career."

As a Lana fan, I have to say I'm pretty irritated not only with her not being able to stand by her word at all, but also with her other messy behavior this year. What are your thoughts on Lana's delayed releases? Is this a big deal?

• Love 2
  • Like 2

I personally think Lana (or any artist) do not owe us apologies for work being delayed. As fans all we see is the material scheduled be released at a certain time, we are not privy To the behind the scenes situations. Yes Lana might of wanted to have the cover album or the regular album out already but that might be something out of her hands. You never what could happen, It could be a label dispute, production delays, money, the material wasn’t up to her standards or samples were not cleared. As fans have to wait a little long yes! But at the end it’s worth the wait because its new material from an artist we love! 

giphy.gif

• Love 1
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, K-man said:

I personally think Lana (or any artist) do not owe us apologies for work being delayed. As fans all we see is the material scheduled be released at a certain time, we are not privy To the behind the scenes situations. Yes Lana might of wanted to have the cover album or the regular album out already but that might be something out of her hands. You never what could happen, It could be a label dispute, production delays, money, the material wasn’t up to her standards or samples were not cleared. As fans have to wait a little long yes! But at the end it’s worth the wait because its new material from an artist we love! 

giphy.gif

I don’t disagree with your sentiment, but what bothers me is she let both supposed release dates pass with no comment at all. Fans had been waiting and being hyped all week of September 5th for her album to drop, only for it to never drop and her never say anything about it until weeks later. 

And then she did the same thing for this cover album that was supposed to be an apology for doing this same thing. I would be less mad if she just never mentioned or released a cover album in the first place. It’s just the principle where she literally just did the same thing she was supposedly apologizing for again. 

Even if she just tweeted “sorry, I tried,” it would at least let us understand her. But instead, she just looks super arrogant, inconsiderate, and unprofessional by never acknowledging or giving fans any idea that things aren’t going to work out before or on the day that they were supposed to happen. 

Your album is delayed? Ok, no big deal. But give us the heads up that the release date you announced isn’t happening. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Lana has given such an amazing body of work. How refreshing that she is an “albums artist”. 

I think people are entitled to feel how they want to feel about this. I don’t mind the delays & I don’t mind that she doesn’t address them. She could easily release something too early & subpar just to shut people up - & it almost seems people would prefer that. I want her to take her time with her artistry & do it her own way  

I also do not mind her humanity showing in the cracks of celebrity image. 

• Like 2

I agree it's not very professional to promise release dates and then release nothing on the date it's due , but come on , let's not forget she just released an album last year , it's okay if she wants to take her time , it's not like fans have been waiting for ever like rihanna's fans :jabba_monster_gross_ew_disgusting_chew:

5 hours ago, NotLouTaylor said:

i dont understand why ppl always whine when certain artists like lana, rihanna or adele don't release music, y'all act like these people are the only artists that exist on this earth, if you cant wait then listen to something else , it's not like whining about it will change anything or make things go faster

I take your point. You're right in a way. Yet, there are just fans who whine because Lana promised to release two albums, yet she did not even wrote "hey, I did my best and it's still not finished" or something. Rihanna even clowned herself by making fun of her fans on ig in 2019 (probably, I'm not sure rn). Yet, 2020's ending and no other word from her about new music. There are people who don't mind delays, like it's a body of work, we get it. The point is that this is not professional nor cool. At least, they could say something about it. Like "Hey guys, I tried and did not make it" or something. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Like 1
On 12/26/2020 at 9:21 AM, Danielle1987 said:

Lana has given such an amazing body of work. How refreshing that she is an “albums artist”. 

I think people are entitled to feel how they want to feel about this. I don’t mind the delays & I don’t mind that she doesn’t address them. She could easily release something too early & subpar just to shut people up - & it almost seems people would prefer that. I want her to take her time with her artistry & do it her own way  

I also do not mind her humanity showing in the cracks of celebrity image. 

wow, I haven't read such a mature response on Exhale in a LONG time...

However, it does seem like she's becoming arrogant, and someone needs to point that out from time to time if you really want to prevent her to becoming just that. That IS a human trait, but if she really wants to be a good person she should be able to handle the truth.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block