do you think there can be a grace jones reference in I'm a slave 4 U?

gapuccinho

I was thinking about the whole thing about janet giving away slave and boys to britney. despite of how ICONIC is the fact that the "get nasty" is originally a self-reference from janet, I started thinking about slave and pharrel's possible inspirations.

has anyone also thought about the way britney sings ~slaaaAAaAave~ as being a reference to grace jones' slave to the rhythm? specially on the track "operattack" wjere grace screams SLAAAAAVE so many times

grace jones - operattack

• Like 2
8 hours ago, gapuccinho said:

has anyone also thought about the way britney sings ~slaaaAAaAave~ as being a reference to grace jones' slave to the rhythm? specially on the track "operattack" wjere grace screams SLAAAAAVE so many times

grace jones - operattack

Interesting!!  Is that also inspiration for Britney’s ICONIC #BreatheHeavy ‘s throughout the song??...those **** #Exhale ‘s she does!  It sounds like breathing towards the end of that Grace Jones song you linked above.  Did you notice that??

On another note, maybe I’m a bad gay??  But I don’t know who Grace Jones is...is there special significance to Grace Jones?  Curious about your interpretation of this.

Merry Christmas, B-Army!!

16 hours ago, ryro_85 said:

Interesting!!  Is that also inspiration for Britney’s ICONIC #BreatheHeavy ‘s throughout the song??...those **** #Exhale ‘s she does!  It sounds like breathing towards the end of that Grace Jones song you linked above.  Did you notice that??

On another note, maybe I’m a bad gay??  But I don’t know who Grace Jones is...is there special significance to Grace Jones?  Curious about your interpretation of this.

Merry Christmas, B-Army!!

omg actually I didn't realize that thing about the breathing!!! loved this interpretation! it can totally be an inspiration.

and you're not a bad gay, I guess hahah I mean that's the thing I get the saddest about as being a grace jones stan: she's an ultimate icon (on the level of cher, she's basically one of the first major female icons on pop music) but she's not mentioned on these last decades cause she stopped releasing music since 2008 (and the last one before that was 1989). quoting jean paul goude, her ex-boyfriend and designer, she was the first to take fashion out of the parisian scene and bring it to music (while being jamaican). she created SO many great works, so many iconic moments on pop culture, she's so experimental and unique and even MADONNA has grace as an inspiration. but somehow she got forgotten. it's not that you're a bad gay, that's completely normal unfortunately, but I can assure you'd get a level up on gayness if you start getting into her. you should youtube her :)

merry britmasssss! 💕

• Love 1