"Toxic" 4K AI remastered (the quality is so high that we can see skin imperfections)

MSTAR

Hi! :saycheese_make_me_mm_hat_smile_peace_sign_grin_glory_britney:

I just wanted to share here my last remaster of Toxic, the quality is now so high that we can notice many details as skin imperfections or skin sun damages (Britney is still awesome, she is a human)! :cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile:

PS: This edit has the maximum amount of official scenes possible, as you know, YouTube don't let me to upload Official versions of Britney's videos. I re-edited Toxic for like 22 times to get it on YouTube. :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

480p Official VEVO VS 4K Remastered:

Toxic-SD-1.png

Toxic-4K.png

Toxic-SD-2.png

Toxic-4-K-2.png

Toxic-SD-3.png

Toxic-4-K-3.png

Hope you will enjoy! :matches:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Sadira said:

hope you guys know that those added details are the AI creating them. it doesn't mean they actually looked like that in real life at that point of time. 

britneys hands look the hands of a 60 year old

Technically, yes the AI makes details more accurate/obvious compared to the original file but actually, not on this case. I had almost the same details on my master file before upscaling, those details were just less obvious as it was in 480i. I think we can spot the same details on the DVD version or the 720p Director’s version. I remember that Britney’s hand always looked like that, because on a music TV channel which broadcasted Toxic in 576i, her hand looked like that. So basically, my 480i master had all the same details as the 4K upscale, but those details are more accurate to the upscaled resolution so more obvious in the 4K upscale as the resolution is higher than the original native resolution (480i).

Britney's hands look also the same on the Director's 720p version: https://www.josephkahn.com/project/7785/britney-spears

I appreciate all the work you put into these, don’t get me wrong, but am I the only one who doesn’t care for these as much? An HQ/HD or DVDRip feels sufficient enough as is but what really throws me off is the rearrangement of the clips. It feels so choppy and messes with the dynamic of the actual song and video. Sorry, I just don’t get it. :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

49 minutes ago, GODNEY IS A QUEEN said:

I appreciate all the work you put into these, don’t get me wrong, but am I the only one who doesn’t care for these as much? An HQ/HD or DVDRip feels sufficient enough as is but what really throws me off is the rearrangement of the clips. It feels so choppy and messes with the dynamic of the actual song and video. Sorry, I just don’t get it. :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

I explained why on the OP.  I completely understand because I don't like to edit videos, that's just a lot of work for me but in order to upload the upscales on YT, it's required to edit them, otherwise, it's blocked. :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay: I don't have any right to upload them somewhere else because the videos need to be monetized by the copyright holder on YT. I wanted first to upload Toxic with the 100% official scenes, but I had to re-edit 22 times (which is a lot) to just get it on YT.

Also, sometimes the DVD versions are awful imo, they have rainbow artefacts, aliasing and are too compressed. Compare the DVD version of BOMT or Stronger and my upscales and you will see the difference:

7 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

I explained why on the OP. I completely understand because I don't like to edit videos, that's just a lot of work for me but in order to upload the upscales on YT, it's required to edit them, otherwise, it's blocked. I don't have any right to upload them somewhere else because the videos need to be monetized by the copyright holder on YT. I wanted first to upload Toxic with the 100% official scenes, but I had to re-edit 22 times (which is a lot) to just get it on YT.

Also, sometimes the DVD versions are awful imo, they have rainbow artefacts, aliasing and are too compressed. Compare the DVD version of BOMT or Stronger and my upscales and you will see the difference:

https://youtu.be/OZvzAXae4HM

https://youtu.be/qA_4xlRZORU

Got it, yeah that makes sense.

I bet the constant re-editing can be a pain and I’m not sure to what extent the scenes have to be changed for copyright purposes but IMO, the constant switching messes with the overall dynamic. Like the GH:MP Uncut scenes don’t really match with the vibe of the actual released version but I guess I understand why you need to add other scenes in for uploading purposes.

Could you slightly change the pitch/speed (similar to the pitch/speed on the Toxic ABC Special) to avoid copyright issues? Maybe add a reverb and boost the bass/treble for a more dynamic feel?

1 minute ago, GODNEY IS A QUEEN said:

Got it, yeah that makes sense.

I bet the constant re-editing can be a pain and I’m not sure to what extent the scenes have to be changed for copyright purposes but IMO, the constant switching messes with the overall dynamic. Like the GH:MP Uncut scenes don’t really match with the vibe of the actual released version but I guess I understand why you need to add other scenes in for uploading purposes.

Could you slightly change the pitch/speed (similar to the pitch/speed on the Toxic ABC Special) to avoid copyright issues?

ContentID, the bot which detects any copyrighted contents before making the video public on YT, can let or not a video by respecting the label's or copyrights owner's requirements. All of my music videos remastered don't have any problem with the Audio, so there's nothing to do with the audio as they are automatically monetized by the label.

However, the video (visually meaning) is the problem, if I let a segment of more than 10-15 seconds of the original mv, the video gets blocked worldwide. So no one can watch it. When I move a scene, or add a new content, the video is allowed by accepting that the label monetize the video. That's how it works. That's why some channels do the same thing as me, like the "lyrics" channels who modify the video to get it on YouTube:

So you see that everyone need to modify the original mv for uploading. Speeding or pitching the video will never fix the issue, the bot is able to detect any contents anyway.

1 minute ago, NotLouTaylor said:

damn that's insane!! 3 weeks :melt_weird_drift_wow:

ur very dedicated and passioned about providing content, i respect that

Thank you. Yeah I re-edited 22 times Toxic due to YT copyrights. Editing the video takes more time than upscaling in fact. If I only have to upscale the official video, I can release it in less than 2 days.

5 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

ContentID, the bot which detects any copyrighted contents before making the video public on YT, can let or not a video by respecting the label's or copyrights owner's requirements. All of my music videos remastered don't have any problem with the Audio, so there's nothing to do with the audio as they are automatically monetized by the label.

However, the video (visually meaning) is the problem, if I let a segment of more than 10-15 seconds of the original mv, the video gets blocked worldwide. So no one can watch it. When I move a scene, or add a new content, the video is allowed by accepting that the label monetize the video. That's how it works. That's why some channels do the same thing as me, like the "lyrics" channels who modify the video to get it on YouTube:

So you see that everyone need to modify the original mv for uploading. Speeding or pitching the video will never fix the issue, the bot is able to detect any contents anyway.

Got it. Well I do appreciate your hard work and dedication! While AI videos aren’t my cup of tea personally, I’m sure other fans are loving the effort you put into them. ❤️❤️

10 minutes ago, GODNEY IS A QUEEN said:

Got it. Well I do appreciate your hard work and dedication! While AI videos aren’t my cup of tea personally, I’m sure other fans are loving the effort you put into them. ❤️❤️

Thank you, I upscale Britney's videos just for fun and experiments, nothing more. It's the job of her label to remaster them. It's just interesting and fun to see Britney's videos in higher quality, if the DVD master is HQ then yes of course we don't need a better quality, it would be like the upscale, but sometimes, some DVD masters are too compressed, not much detailed and have many visual artefacts. Like FTBOMBH, Overprotected DC Remix, and more... And the goal was to upload on YT for people who don't own the DVD or want to watch the videos on 4K UHD Smart TVs (which is easier), the results are stunning on TV compared to computers or mobiles. DVDs are blurry on 4K TVs compared to CRT TVs. 

13 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

Thank you. Yeah I re-edited 22 times Toxic due to YT copyrights. Editing the video takes more time than upscaling in fact. If I only have to upscale the official video, I can release it in less than 2 days.

That is why i miss the old internet, back then we didn't have those restrictive copyright laws... It's very annoying and prevents us from express ourselves imo , like people can't even post a simple remix anymore lol.

YouTube is becoming more and more restrictive lately, they deleted a lot of huge channels that were posting good music like Artzie Music (rip)

7 minutes ago, NotLouTaylor said:

That is why i miss the old internet, back then we didn't have those restrictive copyright laws... It's very annoying and prevents us from express ourselves imo , like people can't even post a simple remix anymore lol.

YouTube is becoming more and more restrictive lately, they deleted a lot of huge channels that were posting good music like Artzie Music (rip)

Yeah, from a side, copyrights is a good protection but sometimes, it gets annoying as you said for remixes, mashups, etc. The label/copyright holder can blacklist my channel to ContentID to let me upload official videos, but it wouldn't be logical as it's their job to remaster the videos and update the official uploads.

2 hours ago, BabkaAutorka said:

It kinda look like a ''cartoon'' idk how to explain it. These seem soo real:

In my opinion, the ones you are showing are oversatured and have a lot of Anti Noising which hides a lot of details:

The one you're showing:

slave.png

Mine:

slave7.png

Look at his face, his mustache, his mouth, the wall, it's so blurry on the one you're showing. Mine seems to look more real/accurate while the one you show looks too smooth, artificial and actually, look like a cartoon due to smooth textures. :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams: Maybe it’s beautiful to have smooth surfaces but I don’t think it looks real. I want to improve my videos, what are the things I should improve? It would be really helpful. :) 

Archived