"...Baby One More Time" Was Voted The Most Listened Album From 1999 According To 2019 Grammy Poll!

Blackout2006

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

1 in one country where the market is smaller. :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

Have several seats again sir, UK is the third biggest music market in the world :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

5 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

From The Bottom of My Broken Heart wasn't even released in the U.K. yet it charted there with no promotion for the single. :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

you be acting like Born to make you happy got so much promotion lmbo, it just got performances from her debut tour but still peaked higher than from the bottom of my fad :trash_throw_away_recycle:

12 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Because it was only released in the US. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Born to Make You Happy was solely a European hit, it reached #1 solely because of the success in Europe. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

But it was released in a continent with more countries and if it managed to make a wave throughout a 100 countries, that makes it solely stronger than FTBOTMH impact in the US :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

12 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Where is your non-existent proof about sales from Asia? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Ion know about sales but there are many millennial asians whom have said seeing this song in the MTV channel they watched :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Okay but since i see this discussion going nowhere, lets just agree that the era had only 3 hits (BOMT, Sometimes and Crazy) and the other two were just hits for the regions they were released in :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Thus, this makes the BOMT era have as much as hits as OIDIA, Britney, ITZ, and Circus did :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

BOMT was one of my most listened to albums this year for sure. I wanted to introduce Britney to my 4 year old and this is obviously the album with the lyrics that are most appropriate for her lol. But relistening with her was my first time in a long time and I found myself really appreciating it more. Way less skips than I remember. Really great debut for sure! 

7 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

But it was released in a continent with more countries and if it managed to make a wave throughout a 100 countries, that makes it solely stronger than FTBOTMH impact in the US :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Ion know about sales but there are many millennial asians whom have said seeing this song in the MTV channel they watched :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Okay but since i see this discussion going nowhere, lets just agree that the era had only 3 hits (BOMT, Sometimes and Crazy) and the other two were just hits for the regions they were released in :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Thus, this makes the BOMT era have as much as hits as OIDIA, Britney, ITZ, and Circus did :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

No, ...Baby One More Time had MORE hits and you will deal with it. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Thread closed. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

7 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

No, no and no :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

It had just 3 internationally successful hits as much as the other eras :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

There's a difference between having a flop single and a successful single that is only successful in one part of the world because it was only released there. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

All the other albums you mentioned had at east 1 single that didn't do well internationally, while both regional singles for Britney's debut album were successful in the places they were released in. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

On 12/26/2020 at 2:14 PM, Blackout2006 said:

Have several seats again sir, UK is the third biggest music market in the world :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

you be acting like Born to make you happy got so much promotion lmbo, it just got performances from her debut tour but still peaked higher than from the bottom of my fad :trash_throw_away_recycle:

Have several seats because the US is THE biggest music market in world. Born To Make You Happy's chart performance in the U.K. doesn't mean anything because From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart's U.S. sales outsold it's U.K. sales even if it peaked higher,. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

5 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Have several seats because the US is THE biggest music market in world. Born To Make You Happy's chart performance in the U.K. doesn't mean anything because From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart's U.S. sales outsold it's U.K. sales even if it peaked higher,. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

As if :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

From the bla bla bla- 1.000.000

Born to bla bla bla- 1.315.000

:nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

13 hours ago, PZHSB said:

I wonder how many people still listen to Christina’s debut album whose name escapes me bc of its lack of legendaryness. Take that Grammys for giving her the best new artist award over Britney. 

Xtina can have her 2 grammys and 3 #1s and Britney can have the impact, influence, sales and memorability :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Archived