"...Baby One More Time" Was Voted The Most Listened Album From 1999 According To 2019 Grammy Poll!

Blackout2006

When Britney came out, there was no music for teens, besides the boybands.So, to have a girl who made this kind of music was massive. That´s why Britney had such an impact. Then of cause her talent, beauty, passion, and hard work. And she was accessible, had very good manners. Not like Christina or P!nk who was more rude and badass.

Nowadays we are jaded. Everyone can be famous, meet celebrities. We can buy what we want from all over the world. When I was a child/teen and you wanted to have something from aboard, you had to be there or someone you know had to bring it to you when he is at that place. You could order books or CD´s but the price was huge. And merchandise?Impossible.( With Britney,I just started to collect merch around 2010! In my country, there were just basic available like books, CD´s, DVD´s, magazine covers. Ok, at the beginning we had clothes and dolls in the stores, but I did not have the money. And I was not a real fan, that came later, so I did not wish the stuff from my family. I´m still pissed that I did not buy the singing dolls from her. But since 2001, there was nothing anymore. )You had to hear the radio and recorded the song you like on a tape. Wait for your favorite music video was sending on TV. Sometimes you had luck and your favorite musician brought out a DVD. I can imagine the was a TV channel in my country and every year around Sylvester they send the latest concerts from peoples favorites artist 24 hours. I was so excited, recorded a lot of them. I still have the Oops and Onyx tour on VHS. Now you can do what you want when you want. And watch your favorite videos the whole day.

I hope we will get the state back we had in 2000. It was the perfect mix of old and new to me. But now, it is just too much of everything. And nothing is special anymore. I know that was said a lot of times, there is nothing new and someone came and made something special.

PS:The good thing today is, we know that Britney needs help and that she is a victim of evil people. Back then, we would never know it. Because everything was so scripted by their team. There was no flaw. And artists could not talk to their fans directly. There were fan clubs, that was helpful. But there was no real interaction between fans and stars. Sometimes you could win a Meet And Greet but that's it. When a star wanted to tell the public something, they did an advertisement in a newspaper sometimes. When MySpace was a thing, the musician took the change and brought out music the was more in their favor. Britney was there a lot. Then she uses her homepage to interact with us. How much I miss the "Letters Of Truth":tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, GODNEY IS A QUEEN said:

name a more ICONIC avi set -.thumb.gif.da58c7ee199e1eb8829f224ca0b9284415686_onyxpfp.thumb.gif.51a42578bb35d12d62e3a5d364ae2a03.gif

One thing's for sure @Blackout2006 ain't doing it like US hottie2cnjwb.gif 

It's fair to say I'm not an Avi artist :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

But m pfp is more recognizable than both of yrs :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

11 hours ago, GODNEY IS A QUEEN said:

literally every album on that list is better than FADOMT hottie2cnjwb.gif 

only good thing about that album SONICALLY were the singles hottie2cnjwb.gif 

Even Fadout2006 agrees hottie2cnjwb.gif 

Well I mean Baby One More Time, the song alone defeats any of the albums released in the poll :goat_monster_devil_dance_dancing_makeup_brush:

Archived