Legal Questions thread

britneyluv

Thank you for doing this! I am curious as to in United States, has there been a history of consevatorship that ever ended/ reversed? And has there been a court that rules a consevatorship case as abusive? I am trying to think statistically, what are the chances we get a happy ending where Britney will be free, and seek retroactive damage after a thorough forensic audit on the consevatorship. Everywhere I go, I only cases when consevatorship has been abused and that's it. There's no after math on how the abuser get what they deserved.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/22/2020 at 9:11 PM, Bundy said:

Have u seen some videos that gathered much information about her case? Tbh it doesnt seem that some people in her case are that honest, If u know what I mean. The former judge has been tied to a lot of shady things, the same goes to her lawyer, he was even accused by the family of another actor under a cship, of killing him. Britney spent some days in a facility and when she was out, she already didnt have rights. Its like it took the court two audiences to put her under a cship. Theres a lawyer who worked with Andrew Wallet who has been vocal about FreeBritney. She said she heard Britneys cship being called an experiment and she had her car shot some years ago. She basically called Jamies lawyers liars about saying they wouldnt be able to share some files with Sam. Not to mention Andrew also called Britneys cship a hybrid business model. I know im not a lawyer, but many things point out to her case being a corrupted one from the start. Maybe she has some issues, but would they be enough for her to be under this cship when shes fit enough to work and do other things? Bryan tried to justify the cship saying she doesnt know how to drive and make reservations, then said the cship has been good for the family! A lot of people benefit from it and who knows how abused Britney was/is, so they will try to make her stay forever to cover their *****. 

I think Britney probably expressed in the past she wanted to get out, even her brother said "she always wanted to get out", why wouldnt she say to Sam, but tbh he was silent doing nothing for 11 years until FreeBritney was born. 

This was Britney calling to another attorney. Why would she call to another attorney if Sam was listening to her and working on her behalf? 

And I think its sus that Sam said Britney is willing to say some things about Jamie, but hes not letting her. I mean, he and Jamie are wasting so much time with that hearsay bs when Sam could let her talk to the judge herself. Is he preventing her to do so bc he fears he might be exposed as well? Isnt that weird? Why is the judge not demanding to talk to Britney? They seem to stall everything tbh. 

I also dont trust Jodi bc she was named by Jamie himself when he had to step away after abusing Preston. 

Well, Jamie has a past that it doesnt make him look that stable or ok in the head tbh. Why dont they evaluate these people who want to put others under cships? 

Totally agree that there are definitely shady aspects of her case and plenty of people involved who have a history of dishonesty. Conservatorships are easy to abuse and without knowing all the details I really think it's likely that Britney didn't think she could speak up to the court, which is why it wasn't as heavily evaluated as it's being now. You're right that a lot of people benefit from it, and unfortunately I don't think Britney was savvy enough or maybe was too scared of her father to really explore her options over the years and discuss them with her attorney.

It did seem somewhat corrupt from the start in that I can see maybe placing her under a temporary conservatorship if she was in really bad shape, but for it to go on this long in such a restrictive manner is definitely unusual. I'd be interested to see whether her attorney moves to fully unseal all the original documents that were used to justify the conservatorship in the first place and what evidence was provided to keep it continuing over the years, since it's not just one person or document the court considers when continually evaluating it: there are medical records from probably an array of doctors, financial documents, etc. If it was up to Jamie, I'm sure he'd want it to continue forever with the power he holds over her, but I think at this point it's pretty much undisputed that there's a huge conflict of interest with keeping him in the position and there's no way that all of the choices he's made have been in Britney's best interest. 

On 12/22/2020 at 9:13 PM, neverover said:

Thank you for doing this! I am curious as to in United States, has there been a history of consevatorship that ever ended/ reversed? And has there been a court that rules a consevatorship case as abusive? I am trying to think statistically, what are the chances we get a happy ending where Britney will be free, and seek retroactive damage after a thorough forensic audit on the consevatorship. Everywhere I go, I only cases when consevatorship has been abused and that's it. There's no after math on how the abuser get what they deserved.

Hi! :)

Conservatorships can definitely be terminated in the United States. I'm not an expert in probate law, but each conservatorship is unique and there's no way a court would take away a person's civil liberties without entertaining the possibility that a change in circumstances could require modification or termination of the cship. Britney's case is periodically evaluated by the court but I think now that she's not afraid to explore her options, there is a greater chance that it might end or at the very least be adjusted to better suit her current needs.

There are plenty of scenarios where conservatorships are helpful and not abused, and they're truly meant for someone who is so incapacitated that they can't make basic decisions for themselves. Generally, the conservatee is someone who is so mentally disabled that they are suicidal or psychotic to the extent that they can't make fundamental legal, financial, or medical decisions. 

Britney's case is unusual due to her young age and ability to work capably under the demands of being a global superstar, rather than an elderly person with dementia who can't get out of bed or feed themselves without significant assistance. Britney has the option to petition the court to terminate or modify the conservatorship or to select a new conservator. Whether she's been fully made aware of these options is a different story. 

• 2 months later...

Archived