Emily Ratajkowski on Her Baby's ***: "We Won't Know the Gender Until Our Child Is 18"

OnlyBeyonce

"A few months into her pregnancy, Emily says that there's already one question she's heard dozens of times: "Do you know what you want?" In regard to her baby's ***, Emily said, "We like to respond that we won't know the gender until our child is 18 and that they'll let us know then."

"Back and forth for months, she and Sebastian have discussed the stereotypes forced onto boys and girls - themselves included - all their lives. "I don't necessarily fault anyone for these generalizations - a lot of our life experiences are gendered, and it would be dishonest to try to deny the reality of many of them. But I don't like that we force gender-based preconceptions onto people, let alone babies," Emily said. "I want to be a parent who allows my child to show themself to me. And yet I realize that while I may hope my child can determine their own place in the world, they will, no matter what, be faced with the undeniable constraints and constructions of gender before they can speak or, hell, even be born."

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/emily-ratajkowski-plans-raise-her-234049891.html

:umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That isn’t right; if your child is transgender or non binary it’s their journey to figure that out, not yours.  You taking away what could be a important and needed journey to self discovery, or you could end up confusing the child on what they actually want to be.  Instead find out the gender, raise them as that and raise them to be open minded.  If they are transgender that is their business and they will figure it out them self; just give it time; if they’re not then they aren’t.  If woke parenting becomes a trend because of this I’m calling social services. 

I mean,  this is forcing them to be the kid they want..

Kinda reminds me of that horror film sleepaway camp..

A boy's parents died and so did the daughter (though they thought it was the son from the story she (aunt provided), forced that son to become a girl, cos she already had a son..

I can see this going well.  In the movie that boy actually was the murderer in the horror film and it revealed everything was still in tact. 

I know a family who have a boy. They put him in dresses, have him wear girls bathing suits etc. He’s like 2 or 3. I find it a bit strange that they are forcing that narrative - as opposed to forcing the “cis gender” norms. Like it’s the same thing? I think bringing up gender fluidity to a child younger than like, 13 is confusing to them. They don’t consciously understand what it means to be cis gender. I remember going through a phase when I was in grade 4/5ish  that I wished I was a boy and I’m glad no one in my family took me seriously or suggested hormone therapy cause damn...I was just expressing myself.  And if I was made to feel like those feelings weren’t normal / I was truly born the wrong gender it would’ve done way more harm I think. That being said, I also wasn’t shamed for this phase and I’m grateful for that too. 

I realize everyone’s journey is different. I wouldn’t wish someone to struggle longer than they have to. I just wonder if YOUNG children really need to have this seed planted? 🤷‍♀️ 

I only believe in trans youth if it's a case like jazz,  where they knew something wasn't right.

You could tell she knew she was a girl.

The fact is her parents tried to help say it's just a phase,  but by 5, they even realized she was so adamant,  nothing was going to stop her..

Yes, she's a Bush, but most teens are anyway especially during puberty. 

I think it’s great. While I don’t think parent should go overboard with this, it’s awesome if a parents doesn’t shove a gender identity on their child. I do believe the child will tell you what they want. If the child wants to play with barbies, whether boy or girl... they should be free to do so. I do not think however, that parents should place too much importance on this issue with their young child. Just go with the flow. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived