could britney pull off a successful surprise album drop?

Cher had a #1 on the Hot 100 at age 52 or something. The song has to be a banger and everything has to be timed very cleverly. 

Madonna also had a #1 with her song Music and she was in her 40s I think. 

Both these songs were huge hits worldwide and followed with very successful eras. Sales, tours and so on.

Unfortunately, no. No one's really begging for a new Britney album. Also artists like Taylor, Lorde and Halsey have made vocals the forefront in pop which is something Britney isn't really known for. She would only do well if she performs the first single at the VMAs because tbh she IS the VMAs and maybe she could drop the album the same day. That's the only way she could get away with a surprise album drop.

• Like 2

Yea- I think she has a really big opportunity to do a big comeback (if she wants to- if she doesn’t, I fully support it). 

but that would be a lot of hype, build up, they should maybe tie in a book release, with a tell all interview, a documentary and a huge huge performance debut of her new single & then a huge release etc. It could be huge. 

• Love 1

SITS and Matches were practically surprise releases and look how her own Fanbase let her flop harder than Nelly Furtado’s last album :roxxy: the GP doesn’t keep up with all the conservatorship drama and look how much they supported them too. She would have to give it her all, but her fan base divided is the straw that broke the camel’s back. I don’t see us going up from here :yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white: 

• Like 1

If she had the right lead single, oh 100%! But I really think any pop goddess could pull something like this off if the song is just an undeniable hit and can create that buzz to get people interested in the album.  If I'm being honest though, I just don't know if she has it in her to do a visual that is gunna grab people in any way other than nostalgia.  I can't think of the last video she released, and I'm a diehard day 1, that I would have been excited by if it was released by another artist.  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, popprison said:

Cher had a #1 on the Hot 100 at age 52 or something. The song has to be a banger and everything has to be timed very cleverly. 

Madonna also had a #1 with her song Music and she was in her 40s I think. 

Both these songs were huge hits worldwide and followed with very successful eras. Sales, tours and so on.

But we can't compare Cher's/Madonna's work ethic with Britney's (from 2005 on), sadly. 

• Like 3

She needs to be everywhere for it to be a hit. Banners, playlists with her on the cover, news coverage, and drop the music video + lyric videos for every track. :snort_spoon_powder_glasses::lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:
At least thats what Taylor did. Willow was discounted upon release, had 3 different videos and 3 remixes dropping in the same week. It may seem desperate, but hey it works :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

• Like 1
6 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

SITS and Matches were practically surprise releases and look how her own Fanbase let her flop harder than Nelly Furtado’s last album :roxxy: the GP doesn’t keep up with all the conservatorship drama and look how much they supported them too. She would have to give it her all, but her fan base divided is the straw that broke the camel’s back. I don’t see us going up from here :yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white: 

SITS was released on a Wednesday and no official announcement till Friday :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

Matches was released during a Taylor Swift’s surprise dropped album release day. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

Not to mention half the fanbase is boycotting her music till she’s free. Also, each song only had a single post on her social media accounts and they gave no other promo. Her team sucks at marketing tbfh. 
Remember that we managed to beat Lady Gaga and BlackPink’s song with a 4-year old song. With the right exposure, a music video, lyric video, banners, playlists and radio deal, Britney could easily blast back on top.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
44 minutes ago, alienatedNey said:

SITS was released on a Wednesday and no official announcement till Friday :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

Matches was released during a Taylor Swift’s surprise dropped album release day. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

Not to mention half the fanbase is boycotting her music till she’s free. Also, each song only had a single post on her social media accounts and they gave no other promo. Her team sucks at marketing tbfh. 
Remember that we managed to beat Lady Gaga and BlackPink’s song with a 4-year old song. With the right exposure, a music video, lyric video, banners, playlists and radio deal, Britney could easily blast back on top.

This. Her team never bothers to question who’s releasing what and just randomly drop music at the worst times. We’re a strong fan base, anything is possible. But Britney’s gonna need a good team to even pull this off to begin with.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, alexxxx said:

This. Her team never bothers to question who’s releasing what and just randomly drop music at the worst times. We’re a strong fan base, anything is possible. But Britney’s gonna need a good team to even pull this off to begin with.

Yes, we are not in the Circus/Femme Fatale era anymore. Beyonce’s 4 was a huge decline in sales and her team saw that coming thus why she came with a surprise release that got everyone talking. 
Taylor is also decreasing in sales but she’s got good and a genius team.

Basically only Britney’s team that is d fashioned and dumb. Britney is still huge. She’s not Xtina, Jlo etc. She can still pull off huge numbers and she could reach #1 on iTunes easily if given the right treatment. Non of her peers could do so anymore. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, alienatedNey said:

Thank you for snapping some sense into me. You’re right :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 1